Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking about picking up a pair of PBJs, but I'm a bit torn - I don't know whether I should get the 003s or the 005s. Right now I have a pair of Calis and Slim Jims, both 30x34, and was looking for something that was maybe a bit fuller cut.

I was originally thinking about getting a pair of 003s in a sz30, but now I am considering getting a pair of 005s and sizing up to a 31. I'm just a bit worried that the 005s might have a similar silhouette to my other jeans. Opinions?

For documentation, here are my XX-005's. For reference I'm 6', 160 lbs, jeans are size 30 soaked once in cold water for 30 minutes. I really like them, they're a little lower rise then I'm used to but offer nice variety to my collection. I can't really see breaking these in from constant wear since they look almost distressed from the extreme slubby texture.

PBJs001.jpg

PBJs002.jpg

I can't really see breaking these in from constant wear since they look almost distressed from the extreme slubby texture.

Hey braidkid, very nice fit.

They actually fade very nicely. When the sunlight hits the jeans at the right angles those highs and lows really pop out. Contrast between the unfaded portions and the faded portions is stunning. The extreme slubs make for some very interesting vertical fade.

I believe it is Miz who says, You won't be disappointed.

Edit: Scanned the whole thread and he said nothing of the sort. I'll say it: You won't be disappointed.

not entirely relevant to this thread, but i figured the same people reading this would be interested. I've been wearing my AI more recently, but not enough to get much fading (there are color differences, but the camera didn't really pick them up). What I have noticed is an obvious visible difference in texture between worn and unworn areas. See the pic. I think these things will look freaking crazy (not sure if it'll be in a good or bad way though, haha) once they get really broken in.

ai001jf0.th.jpg

Anyway, thinking of picking up a pair of XX-005 to go along with these bad boys, since i'm getting the feeling the two will fade completely differently.

not entirely relevant to this thread, but i figured the same people reading this would be interested. I've been wearing my AI more recently, but not enough to get much fading (there are color differences, but the camera didn't really pick them up). What I have noticed is an obvious visible difference in texture between worn and unworn areas. See the pic. I think these things will look freaking crazy (not sure if it'll be in a good or bad way though, haha) once they get really broken in.

ai001jf0.th.jpg

Anyway, thinking of picking up a pair of XX-005 to go along with these bad boys, since i'm getting the feeling the two will fade completely differently.

Keep it up, PG2G. You're miles away as to distressing the Ai's compared to mine. I'm on my Oni's and the PBJ's don't get much time. They're really hard to break in.

Hey 386, how much did your size 30's stretch out in the waist and thigh?? Size 31 sounds perfect for me post soak but I don't know how much stretching to anticipate for. I wear a 27 in NS also and the thighs are right around 10" and waist 15.5". That's wearing them pretty antifit though and I figure the rise will be shorter....Thanks