Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dudes right. if you plan to dedicate a good amount of time to one pair of jeans, comfort is a must. +rep dont do shit for your sack. my advice always is : ''IF YOU HAVE TO ASK FOR AN OPINION ON YOUR FIT, IT DOESN'T. FUCK HOW IT LOOKS IF IT AINT COMFY.'' with all that said, they will stretch considerably. they are a BiG one-wash

• 2 weeks later...

still have the problem. after the second soak (hot soak), i decided to wear my 005 (size 31). it felt quite loose in the waist after the first time wear. and when i measured the waist, it came up to 33,5-34"! should i soak it again? do you guys have the best method the remove all the shrinkage? really appreciate any response!

Quick question regarding a fit, since I'm ordering via proxy from Hide and don't want to screw it up. My measurements are 5'9/165ish, with a 33.25 inch waist area (I wear jeans just above the hips), 24 inch thighs, and around 15.25 inch calves while standing/not flexed. From what I've read throughout the thread, true to waist or one size up is the usual recommendation when considering the 005's, but I'm not too sure which to go with.

I'm pretty bottom heavy since I wear a small or medium in most brands when it comes to shirts (gap, AA, BR..), and I was looking for a slim fit in the jeans to balance it out. I had told Hide I was going to go with a 34 (just about one size up from my waist), but I haven't paid and nothing has shipped yet so I was looking for a little input just to put my mind to rest. Anyone with similar proportions have any clue whether the 34 will remain slim in the waist and the knee down, or should I get the 33 and hope the thigh stretches to a comfortable fit?

Thanks for any input.

Quick question regarding a fit, since I'm ordering via proxy from Hide and don't want to screw it up. My measurements are 5'9/165ish, with a 33.25 inch waist area (I wear jeans just above the hips), 24 inch thighs, and around 15.25 inch calves while standing/not flexed. From what I've read throughout the thread, true to waist or one size up is the usual recommendation when considering the 005's, but I'm not too sure which to go with.

I'm pretty bottom heavy since I wear a small or medium in most brands when it comes to shirts (gap, AA, BR..), and I was looking for a slim fit in the jeans to balance it out. I had told Hide I was going to go with a 34 (just about one size up from my waist), but I haven't paid and nothing has shipped yet so I was looking for a little input just to put my mind to rest. Anyone with similar proportions have any clue whether the 34 will remain slim in the waist and the knee down, or should I get the 33 and hope the thigh stretches to a comfortable fit?

Thanks for any input.

33 would be good. Wear while wet after the initial soak if you need some stretching in the thighs.

I'd go with 32 or 33. 33 to play it safe with the thighs, but you could probably actually get away with a 31 in the waist since these stretch a lot...

And honestly, the 005's might not be the cut for you for your thigh/waist ratio. Perhaps you should get the 003 instead. I have somewhat similar measurements and I kind of wish I went for the 003's instead.

Side note, echau, where in Houston are you at? I'm at Rice this summer.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice pickups bg12nd

thanks mate!

how long did shipping take from sharp service?

actually the shipping itself just took 2-3 days, but the order process from PBJ shop was took so long brah, its about 10 days, so the total would b 13 days

wow jealous of your fit !

and your soulmate

thanks mate! :)

thanks mate!

actually the shipping itself just took 2-3 days, but the order process from PBJ shop was took so long brah, its about 10 days, so the total would b 13 days

thanks mate! :)

well done for you and hide looking forward to my package :)

well done for you and hide looking forward to my package :)

thanks bro, and be prepared for your package :D :D

nice fit on your pbjs bg12nd [repped], whats your height/weight and what size did u get

thanks mate, me 168/61 and this is size 28

anyway, here's post-soak fit

DSC_00083.jpg

DSC_00073.jpg

nice fit on your pbjs bg12nd [repped], whats your height/weight and what size did u get
+repped for nice fit, now wear them to the ground!!

thanks guys for all those reps thing :) :)

anyway, do u guys mind if I post another fit pic of my pbj? thought it would be better to post the fit with some clothes on

here they go:

IMG00863-20090718-1504.jpg

true 30 here. Should I get sz 28 or 29?

I really don't understand why people can't take their own measurements and see what fits for them. Saying you're a true 30 doesn't mean anything. Your waist is the least of your worries, as that will stretch. You want the jean to fit your thighs, if you have skinny thighs, you might be able to size down one. The thighs on the xx-005s are quite slim, so I really doubt you'd be able to size down 2. If you have regular sized thighs, you might be advised to just go true to size.

I went true to size, (28), but my thighs are large compared to the rest of my body. I toughed it out, but in hindsight, I should have gone with a different jean.