Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

those are looking good lidsjoker! well, except for the crotch... but that can be repaired. good whiskers forming on the front and the honeycombs are looking damn fine! my opinion is wash them. one thing that i've consistently heard is that leaving dirt and grime in the fibers can cause premature tearing or holes to appear.

i'm washing mine this weekend. i've been wearing them hard every day for a month. i like Ryu's technique so thats what i'm doing. plus my 005's have stretched out so much i can actually pull them down without unbuttoning them! this is from barely being able to get them on in the store.

best of luck!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

hey guys, i just got my pair of PBJs xx-005 raws in size 28. friend went to new york and he grabbed me a pair while he was there. this is my very first pair of jap raws, i've only owned a pair of APC new standards, so excuse the noobiness. btw, the jeans are flawless in quality, the denim is wonderful and so is the craftsmanship put into it, although you all would probably know that. im super excited on how these will turn out...

anyways, i put the jeans in the tub for a soak to shrink it down. i took it out after an hour in warm/hot water (hot, but warm enough to leave your hand in the water). after trying them on, there was still some space in the waist and I measured the waist BiG style and they were 29" (waist was 30.5" unsoaked). Im true to size 28 and i was just wondering if another soak with hot water (hottest the tap will go) would shrink the jeans down to 28.

thanks

thanks, just did

jeans went to 28.5", its perfect though. everything else shrunk as it should cept for hem which is still 7.5, but i like the looks of it now. took me 20 minutes to get the buttons done cause it was so stiff.

pics along the way...!

• 2 weeks later...

how many kind of XX-005 there are ?

in the first posts i saw that :

img1151yy0.jpg

and on the last page :

dsc01416r.jpg

and on rakuten:

xx005-p1.jpg

so I'm wondering my self if there are several versions, with blue or brown design on the leather patch and with a leaf or without ...

I also need a help for the size I should choose, I wear 27 in APC NS, 28 in Nudie Slim Jim Dry Japan, 29 in Nudie Slim Jim Dry Black Coated and 30 in Levi's 511.

I don't want to soak them, just to wear them raw

I don't know which size I had to choose ... I assume 29 will be right but they won't have a soak and they will stretch ...

that's why I need some help !

there is absolutely no difference in those jeans. they put the leaf on because they are not legally allowed to include tabs anymore when imported. it probably took you longer to compile those pictures for the post than it wouldve taken you to search the thread for that information.

oh and you should soak them or even wash them first. these jeans shrink and stretch out quite a bit.

i did an hour-long soak when i got my 005s. after 4-5 months, there was a ridiculous amount of cracking on the backs of the knees due to all of the starch. sort of ruined the jeans for me.

• 1 month later...

I just bought these 1 wash jeans at BiG a few days ago and Gordon assured me they would stretch. I've worn them for two days and I'm not sure. The waist has stretched but the crotch is still terrible. There's no room for the bits and they're not comfortable.

Here are pictures after 2 days:

PBJ1.jpg

PBJ2.jpg

PBJ3.jpg

Other than the crotch the fit is pretty decent. Will these stretch?

You should also cuff them again so that the calf area is not bunched up so much. From those pics they look like bootcuts.