Ceci n'est pas une t-shirt company

leonk

Hey everyone,

long time reader, first time poster on SF. Huge fan of the forums.

Just wanted to share my new label Venn Regalia with you and possibly get some feedback as I do respect your opinions.

A bit about the ideology:

Venn Regalia is what we're calling this new clothing company. Primarily shirts at first.Think Hedi Slimane & Vivienne Westwood having a bastard child together, it'd surely be born wearing VR. It's basically apparel for the art-driven & monarch-minded.

colberthystericallaughlaughing.gif

Venn - Two separate opposing ideas co-existing in complete harmony, overlapping to create an original expression.

Regalia - The ceremonial emblems & garments of royalty.

With each season we bring two lines, the Classic being the timeless, constant vision of Venn Regalia harnessed into logo-centric designs, while the Exclusive is much more art-focused, and inventive from year to year.

black_guy_laughing.gif

Talk about misrepresenting a product. I think you're getting way ahead of yourselves. You guys print incohesive graphic artwork onto stock t-shirts. What's with all the romantic imagery and posturing?

Hedi Slimane is gay, he would never procreate, so let's stop there.

i can always appreciate people's hard work that goes into starting a clothing company..

but i honestly don't see how people can't create the "art that you do."

that's the kind of thing i'd expect to read on a tag from a shirt from urban outfitters so if that is what you we're aiming for you did a good job i don't think this forum is the right crowd to sell to.

It's bad enough this is a graphic tee "label", but even the part where you could have been original, you just copy+pasted public domain iconography (Eiffel Tower, cassette tapes, razors, heart, etc). It's pretty incoherent and I'm not sure what kind of message it conveys. Maybe it'll be a hit with Parisian wrist-cutters?

i can always appreciate people's hard work that goes into starting a clothing company..

but i honestly don't see how people can't create the "art that you do."

that's the kind of thing i'd expect to read on a tag from a shirt from urban outfitters so if that is what you we're aiming for you did a good job i don't think this forum is the right crowd to sell to.

man, thank you. that's exactly the kind of critique i was looking for. just an honest, "here's what you do, here's what i think" kind of thing. thank you, seriously.

i wasn't trying to be a dick to the other guy, like all art, it's your baby you understand. i love this forum and figured some may like the idea behind it anyway.

It took me substantially longer to upload and copy/paste them into the reply window than find them.

It was kinda a rhetorical question. All those shirts look like they were inspired by a Google image search.

• 1 year later...