Samurai S5000 owners

Just got the S5000BK in size 31, I'm a true size 31 and hot soaked these for 4.5 hours, dropped down to a 29/30, and it's absolutely killing me. Hopefully these will stretch back out, the thighs and inseam definetly went down a lot which is a good thing. So they will stretch back out hopeefully?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll stretch to perfection, especially if you're moderately active while you wear them and not just sitting watching TV etc.

Incidentally I shall be adding my hot soaked W28 model (which measures 30.5" all the way around the inside of the waistband) in marketplace next week, decided I need a smaller size :( Drop me a PM if interested.

Just got the S5000BK in size 31, I'm a true size 31 and hot soaked these for 4.5 hours, dropped down to a 29/30, and it's absolutely killing me. Hopefully these will stretch back out, the thighs and inseam definetly went down a lot which is a good thing. So they will stretch back out hopeefully?

Actually, you'll probably wish you sized down 1 or 2 after a month.. these bad boys never stop stretching, haha.

Hi there, I have decided to get myself a pair of Samurai s5000vx and I would like a little help on the sizing. I have done a search on this board and cannot find any related posts.

I am a waist 32 and I don't like my jeans to be too tight. I currently wear a pair of Studio D'Artisans SD 103s in waist 34 and after shrinking they fit just how I like them.

What I would like to know is how much shrinkage can I expect on the waist and thigh of the Samurai s5000vx.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Andy

seems odd you're a size 32 but you say size 34 SD103's fit you fine. I'm not certain, but I think the S5000 is about as slim as SD103.

I normally wear size 30 but sized down to 29 in the s5000vx and they fit fairly slim. That said, if you like the size 34 in SD103, I think 33 would be good fit for the sammies.

Never had experience with the SDA, but my S5000VXs are not slim. Actually too baggy for my preference so I usually get a 32 in most other brands (sugarcane, lvc, etc), so I dropped down to a 31 for the 5000s, they were baggy as hell so I hot soaked them. Thats where they raped my waist but after they stretch out (and they will keep stretching), they fit absolutely great.

and theres another thread dedicated on these, so you should check that thread out.

Just one quick question I still have after reading through this whole thread. I'm a size 32, and I bought a pair of 31 5000vx. I plan on wearing these a lot, and not washing them for a while. What should I do (hot soak first, cold soak first, no soak first) to be happy with the fit?

hot soak them, they will strech out alot. Intially they will be unbearable and there is a high chance you wont be able to buttom them fully, but eventually when you do get the buttons (needed my friend to pull the belt loops inward to button in), and wait couple hours or a full day wear, they will stretch out. And the fit will be greaaaaaazat

hot soak them, they will strech out alot. Intially they will be unbearable and there is a high chance you wont be able to buttom them fully, but eventually when you do get the buttons (needed my friend to pull the belt loops inward to button in), and wait couple hours or a full day wear, they will stretch out. And the fit will be greaaaaaazat

So hot-soaking my 31s right at the start and then wearing them should get me a nice fit at around a 32? Thanks for the help, the only other raw denim I have is the Goughs and a pair of RRs that I love.

I just got my 5000wx yesterday. gonna wear them raw for a few months. jesus, it's like wearing my normal jeans covered in 300 grit sandpaper. i'm a true 34 and got a 34 which is more like a 35 but fit perfect because I wear them a little low. these don't even really bleed that much on my shoes, basically the best jeans I have ever bought from every aspect.

The thigh does shrink a lot and so does the inseam, thats what most satisfactory about them right now. The fits nice and all, but dropping size 2 down, and if you hot soak them...........your waist is going to get raped for the first couple hours.

i tried on a pair of 5000's the other day but the inseams were ridiculously long. i know the inseams are about a 38.5 presoak and shrink down to about 36. my inseam length with some stacking/cuffing is at most a 33. will the shape of the jeans look funny if i hem them down that much?

i really like the denim on the samurai's but just wish they came with some shorter inseams. any advice on this or possibly recommend some other type of jeans with similar denim quality?

How the heck can you guys size down 1 or 2.. I got my true waist and they are so tight in the crotch.. Did you guys measure your hips cause its low rise or your natural waist?

Then again, I have a very small waist and flat stomach so I got a 26 (actually my waist is around 26.5).. but I guess my junk is larger than someone who would have a 26 waist? Thats the only thing I can think of :/

Its annoying and Im thinking of selling

I actually was talking about S5000VX... I thought they were the same in terms of sizing? If not, is it SO differnet that you need to size down 2? I guess it doesnt really matter, Im not gonna get a pair, its just Im suprised that Im the only one who cant fit comfortably into my natural waist in the 5000vx.. weird

haha thanks for the heads up.

I wear mine out for a while, then soak. That way, the waist will stretch out just enough. So that wen I do finally soak, it wont shrink beyond raw, but to just about how they were new.

Was there any color change after a hot soak?

Nope not any noticable or significant color change but good luck on these.

I actually was talking about S5000VX... I thought they were the same in terms of sizing? If not, is it SO differnet that you need to size down 2? I guess it doesnt really matter, Im not gonna get a pair, its just Im suprised that Im the only one who cant fit comfortably into my natural waist in the 5000vx.. weird

Yea, the sizing at the waist is different.

In the VX model I was a true 34, but in the BK Im able to size down a good amount.

Yea, the sizing at the waist is different.

In the VX model I was a true 34, but in the BK Im able to size down a good amount.

really? i thought 's5000' specifies the cut, while the 'vx' vs 'bk' specifies the denim used.

sammy's site has identical measurements for both models (bottom of these pages):

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/detail/s5000vx.html

http://www.samurai-j.com/contents/jeans/s5000bk/k5000bk_1.htm

ok... read this whole thing and im still hella confused.

my true waist size is a 35 (measured with a construction tape measure). In sugar canes I am pretty happy with 34.

What shoudl I get in Samurai?

oh i have kind of big thighs i guess. and I really dont want the legs to be too tight

thanks