Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

hey i just ordered s5000bk in 32 (i wear 33/34 and measure 34). did i already f***ed up?

and also what should i do when i get it, soak or straight up wear it? or is it preference.

im a denim noobie as you can see, but i dont understand fully a cold wash vs a hot wash in a machine. =( thanks in advance

hey i just ordered s5000bk in 32 (i wear 33/34 and measure 34). did i already f***ed up?

and also what should i do when i get it, soak or straight up wear it? or is it preference.

im a denim noobie as you can see, but i dont understand fully a cold wash vs a hot wash in a machine. =( thanks in advance

youll be ok little guy.. believe me

hey, how are your sales going? if i do machine wash (i have a pretty tight machine washer/dryer from LG, pretty damn recent). it can do handwash and etc etc, what settings and procedures should i take?

inside out, folded where, etc or should i just use soak using the machine setting (ie not wash)?

and for how long? i hear different times etc but i want my jeans to come out like yours Dino. 30min soak? i can do handwash too..

but ty for the tips, im excited for the pair to arrive. ill wear them everyday and in my sleep =)

theyre going well thanks.

try not to over think it. i guess i typically pick a "handwash" setting thats not too abrasive. definitely turn them inside out, dont fold them any way, that looks unnatural, just throw them in and make sure the waters as hot as itll go. doing this for an hour at most should have most/all of your shrinkage out of the way

follow me

boiling hot soak for not more than 30 mins ( no use after 30 mins)

inside out

dry it hang dry let the sun and wind do its job

dont use no machine to wash and dry

believe me im the truth the way the life for samurai jeans

you can wear them while theyre damp but not too damp

when they dry up theyll be stiff so creases will eventually form no worries just do the first 2 steps i told ya the rest is up to you

and is hemming for jeans a yay or a nay? i hear the bad stuff bout 'chain stitching' however BiG offers free hemming.. (chain stitching.. vintage machines).

Im not that tall (5 11 maybe) and the inseams are 38.5 (yikes). im not sure what i really want, maybe i wont hem them at all and wear it super creased

what do you guys do? hem or no?

^theyres nothing at all wrong with hemming. actually quite the opposite.. lets face it, not everyones going to look good in jeans with 36 inch inseams.. stacking is played and the 5000 has a bit of a bigger leg opening than most jeans people are going for these days, so hemming is definitely a good option for you. im 6ft even and im going to have a few pairs hemmed at BiG once i move

The less you baby them, the better they will come out in the end. They are tough so it doesn't matter if you hot machine wash or just hot soak inside out. They will come out good either way, but do one of the two to get the shrinkage out of the way. But if you just soak, most of the starch will stay on the jeans so they will feel tougher than if you wash. The legs aren't that skinny and they have long inseams so you will probably have to hem or they will pool around your feet. I had mine hemmed but still have a big break. Wear it for a few weeks unhemmed to see if you like it, they won't set creases properly around the ankles for a long while so you have plenty of time. The only thing that will set a permanent crease pretty quickly is if you keep wearing jeans cuffed.

I get em hemmed so they're a little long, then you can cuff or stack a bit as you please.

If you're going to get them hemmed, get them chainstitch hemmed BEFORE the soak, so you can get the sweet roping going on.

luckily i ordered the jeans on a weekend so they didn't. BiG offers free Hemming so i got them to cut the inseam to 26.5in + shrinkage length which is like 2.5 so they made the inseam 29inches. Im super happy now =)

but what is this thing with "chain stitching is just a dust in the wind" or some crap like that?

yea i did inseam measurement 10.5cm instead of inches and got 30 inseam but its really spose to be 26.6inches. good thing i... quadrupled checked

im overseas atm and i only had CM measurement tapes =( , had to google convert etc etc but im really anticpiating the jeans. Since they shipped today (w/ the hemming) and its from NY, i should get them tommorow or the other day. Basically ill get them by the time i come back home to VA

i actually measured myself and im 5 8... with a 26.6 inseam

sigh then again that inseam measure is with the samurai rise of 10.5 and with it sagged etc etc etc. So its def not the size of my crotch to the floor.

but they look great :D ill take pics post soak

what??!?!?!