PBJ AI-001 compared to 45rpm Jomon

john11f

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

These things are finally beginning the fade in the whiskers. Its one of those "when the light hits it the right way" type deals though, haha.

Should be interesting in another 5-6 months, haha. Damn, I feel like I coulda beat the shit out of two pairs of jeans in this time :P

I seem to remember that the reasonably priced canes like hawais and okinawas are 20/80% natural/ synthetic but the expensive ones with the levi acurates are 100% natural. I wouldnt be surprised if they are dyed in a different manner cause the expensive ones have striation ( ? ...... not right but you know what i mean ) unlike the cheaper okinawas and hawais which look pretty consistent.

Thanks PG2G. I guess I can stick to my plan of not making an effort to dent the AIs. It seems really really stubborn.

Makes me think that if the Oni purples are similar to them, I don't think I have the commitment to break in two pairs of these kind of jeans.

From the looks alone, you'd see that the AIs are bulletproof.

Yeah, I'm thinking I shouldn't even be bothering, but I'm too interested in seeing how they turn out :P

I just look at it as getting my money worth. Its crazy though, I keep my keys in my back pocket and they haven't even made a dent there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

PBJ AI-001 Report:

Was in NYC for the first time a few weeks ago, over from the UK, it would be rude not to pop into BiG to say hello and make a weak-dollar-denim-purchase. You lot are so generous with your "buck" just now, thanks for that ;-)

Was down SoHo way and before long BiG's flag beckoned, so in me and the Mrs. went. Saw nothing that was swelling my cock too much, having worn Eternal, Samurai and Warehouse for some time (all on the shelves in-store as most of you are aware) and Ironheart. Until.......

......Pure Blue Japan AI-001. The 1st pair I picked up were my size, a sign, surely. I tried them on, they fit. They feel incredible, look incredible, fit incredible, that colour!!! Anyway I got chatting to Yuji, who by the way is a complete gentleman, and before I gave myself the chance to change my mind had paid for them and settled on the sofa to watch Yuji chain-stitch them whilst listening to him enthuse about how they've just acquired a spare Union Special from an old Levi factory which they had heard was about to shut down. Always good to have a back up. Really lovely guy and have since kept in touch at his insistence.

Anyway, the jeans are (did I mention this?) incredible. The construction is solid, the contrasting jumbo stitch colour I love. The shape is ace, between semi fitted and loose, think between Sammie S5000 and SO500XX. The denim is S.L.U.B.

These are my new fave jeans, I can't stop rubbing my thighs and looking the colour in different lights. In a word, ace. Get some.

Ps. Was in 45rpm and studied the Jomons. They're nice don't get me wrong, for nicer see above.

Pps. New Yorkers......I adore your city and can't wait to return, hopefully soon.