No more denim...

PG2G

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just noticing today that guitar collecting is a lot like denim collecting....

like, your collection isn't complete without fender strat, gibson les paul & sg, and an acoustic kind of thing? then you'll feel the need for an electric hollow-body. then a jazz-master or a mustang...

like, your collection isn't complete without fender strat, gibson les paul & sg, and an acoustic kind of thing? then you'll feel the need for an electric hollow-body. then a jazz-master or a mustang...

i'm in the market for a jazzmaster (vintage) white with tortise pickguard and a nice taylor acoustic. than i'll call my guitar stuff quits

yeah. also, there's the whole thing with vintage vs. new vs. vintaged. like whether to buy a real vintage guitar or buy a relic repro.

i think the fender strat is the levi's 501 of the guitar world.

oh man regarding guitars.. ive got a 96 gibson les paul cherry burst.. and a 57 reissue flamingo pink strat and an ovation ... jesus i miss playing..

well if we're allowed to get off topic with guitars....

i've got a martin d-28, a japanese sunburst strat, an old musicmaster (i think it's a 64, but i may be wrong) that was rebuilt by my uncle to have two out of phase humbuckers, a hamer cruise bass, and an ibanez TR-50.

i've just been really lucky with musical instruments. the musicmaster and the martin were gifts (completely out of the blue, too), and the rest were all stupid cheap secondhand. easier playing a pre-owned guitar than wearing pre-owned jeans.

i don't see myself getting anything else, except an epiphone tivoli or a musicmaster bass. i love short scale shit.

No Ric's but I have a 62' American Vintage Reissue Strat, Olympic White, 05 Triple burst American Deluxe Strat.and 2 PRS's. So whether blue jeans or guitars, both are right up my alley. Musicians thead? You guys are cooler than Harmony Central.:)

anybody with a rickenbacker? maybe we need to start a new thread. (ddml had a thread about what else do you collect iirc.)

i always loved the tone of rics but found them pretty unstable, at least the ones i played. I was in a store in providence and my buddy and i really aren't huge gear heads were looking at a bunch of rics. the guy starts spewing stuff and says how the one hanging has a double bonded headstock....and told us "bet you didn't know that existed.." we walked out of there like, "what the fuck is a bonded headstock."

• 4 weeks later...

Thats it for me for this year !!!!

My LVC47s are up on ebay , sold of worn Lee Euro 101z , LVC 1890s and 55s in the last 4-5mths . Have bought in the last 2mths Lee 101z 1966 & 1952 and just this week on impulse a 1990s pair of deadstock Levi1955 repros of ebay . Along with these that leaves me with an emergency pair of raw Wrangler 13mwz pro rodeo and a pair of Fall 06 (6mth old) Levi 1955s which I am trying to wear to death !!!!

Enough is enough .

I bought 12 pairs of premium denim in the past 2 months. It started when I was buying some new jeans for my trip to japan, then I caught the bug and kept buying jeans when I was in Japan, and kept buying after I got back home.

I now have a couple dry pairs of denim, and one thats being delivered tomorrow that will be my main project. Then I am done, and im going to probably be selling 4 or 5 of my jeans on eBay to avoid bankruptcy.