Flannel Shirts

I've only had experience with vintage (union made) heavy weight flannels from Big Mac, 5 Brother, Ely, et cetera. But given the fact it gets damn cold in central NE they turn up often in local thrifts. I have 11-12 in my closet, which combined didn't even cost a third of what modern heavy weight flannels go for. Makes me kind of chuckle when I see dudes dropping serious money on them considering how ubiquitous they are.

Edited by robbie

If you're ok with cheap ass shit then this stuff is all good.

I find it strange that it's Superfuture and nobody is dropping some Japanese flannels in here. The patterns, fit, feel, and construction kills anything else that's out now. Even the high-street fashion brands from Japan are putting out better flannels than anybody from the west.

Maybe. But the sizing for the new Flat Head shirts seem awkward; the colour scheme for the Strike Gold Shirts are eccentric--borderline ugly-- and Iron Heart didn't drop any thing mind blowing, with the exception of the Smokey Work Shirt and possibly the Ombre but even then, the western cut isn't for everyone. It's getting tough to justify dropping 300 bones on a single shirt, regardless of the quality of construction.

Edit: I should also note that the IH Ultra Heavy Flannel with pockets is a seriously dope shirt, just the measurements are a bit off for my liking and the Melton Wool Over-Shirt is a classic. (I rock mine every day during the colder months under my Veilance Field Jacket. Perfect layer piece.)

Edited by Shoreman

Yeah that too. The flannels at selfedge are 'cowboy' style, just look at the shoulders. Another reason why I don't purchase them as it's not really my style, not hating if that's what you're into though. I don't want a wardrobe full of flannel designed like that and fits awkwardly on me, no matter how good the quality is. I like the flannel I posted simply because it fits really well, versatile, good construction, and just fits my personal style more.

haven't looked at selfedge in a while, but aren't most of the flannels 'cowboy' style?

Nope, most of them have open-top pockets. Some have snaps but the pockets are still centered.

Posted · Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, January 17, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by denimdestroyedmylife, January 17, 2012 - No reason given

Kiya just dropped dead.

nigga shit is like buttah dont give a fuck aint like i pay for that shit anyway

Like, whoa. This just got real…fo real.

Shit is not like "buttah" go feel a nbhd or Visvim flannel and tell me that aa shit even exists anymore.

woops didn't mean to neg but if you threw out/sold 2/3rds of that you would still end up with the same versatility. plus you wouldn't stand in front of your wardrobe like my girlfriend does standing in front of hers trying to figure out what the fuck to wear

Edited by redX

Holy shit! Makes me want to quote that scene from great gatsby.. :D

The quality on the IH is nice, but the fit isn't my favourite, and i find the western styling to be limiting.

atm, my 2 favorite flannels are visvim and nigel cabourn. for a budget shirt, the llbean signature line chamois shirts are great - nice, slim fit, and reasonably well made.