1st World Problems

OkayOkay

Teresa May when speaking about cutting the Police budget last year:

"The British public don't simply resort to violent unrest in the face of challenging economic circumstances. We must have a rational and reasonable debate about policing. Your association has a long and proud history of constructive and sensible contributions to policing policy-making – long may it continue."

out of touch, yet again.

I've been arguing with people tonight, YES they're criminals etc, but why in particular is this specific group looting and rioting? They're obviously disaffected, you aren't seeing groups of middle class teenagers rioting.
How can it be a coincidence that every time the tories are in power, there's mass public unrest. Perhaps I'm naive, though we haven't had any good news for years.

This, basically (although to counter the racist undertone of some of the commentary I've been hearing a fair amount of anecdotal evidence of white middle class kids having a go).

Personally I find police and governmental corruption far scarier than a bunch of disaffected kids breaking stuff.

someone only ate the chocolate from the neapolitan ice cream. who does that? If you only wanted chocolate, why didn't you just buy chocolate. I opened the neapolitan with the plan to put three separate flavors in one bowl, but I only got two. I feel cheated.

10 characters.

Lmao I decided to keep the beer at home. I almost bought a cooler out of Daniel Boulud's wine cellar (0) but it couldn't fit into my car :\

edit: and to answer your question, no, since I'm working from home I actually don't think I'd ever have to leave the house if I didn't want to.

bored at the airport because I mis-read the departure time online and went to thesmall, local airport 3 hours early. Want to make full use of free wi-fi by listening to music while I surf the web, but I don't have any headphones.

also, the dude who works at the check-in desk finally arrived, but I'm too lazy to walk to the desk and check in now.

I only have like 6 months to find which kind of master i want after my planned graduation next June. Otherwise i'll have to either intern or find a not so badly paid job. Life sucks.