Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Just got in a pair of xx-005 one wash, sized down about 1. Fit is pretty great right out of the box -- above the knee is snug, below the knee is straight. The construction is so-so (it looks like it'll hold up fine, but it's not methodical.) The denim, on the other hand, is incredible. I've pined over PBJ's slub denim for the past five years, ever since I first saw pictures of it, and after all this time it doesn't disappoint in the hand.

These could stand to shrink just a touch and I wouldn't complain, so I feel I'm on the right track with this size. If they never shrink beyond this point? fuck it; I'm over form-fitting jeans. But they will...

They will shrink a ton more if you want them to. my one wash 007's shrunk down way more than I ever thought they would. I don't know what you mean about construction...my PBJ's are built like a tank, I've worn through a pair of Eternal's in 6 months while my almost year and a half old PBJ's are still in great shape. The nature of the fabric and the large gauge thread makes it look more or less casually put together, yea? don't worry, they're really built to last.

Is there a way to tell if a pair of PBJ's are Raw or One Wash from the tag? I ordered a Raw pair of 009's, size 33. They just came in, and the waist measures 16.25 across. I'm thinking maybe I got a pair of OW.

That being said, assuming they are OW, will there still be any shrinkage? They fit perfectly as is, but need to be hemmed, so was thinking of saoking them beforehand?

The nature of the fabric and the large gauge thread makes it look more or less casually put together, yea? don't worry, they're really built to last.

Yeah, casual is the word I should've used. They're certainly sturdy and I'm not at all disappointed with the construction. I've just been living in a pair of Samurai for the past two+ years, and in comparison, the PBJs are just a very small step down when it comes to the stitching.

Is there a way to tell if a pair of PBJ's are Raw or One Wash from the tag? I ordered a Raw pair of 009's, size 33. They just came in, and the waist measures 16.25 across. I'm thinking maybe I got a pair of OW.

That being said, assuming they are OW, will there still be any shrinkage? They fit perfectly as is, but need to be hemmed, so was thinking of saoking them beforehand?

The best two ways to tell if a pair is raw or one wash, regardless of manufacturer, is to check out the hem and the leather patch. If both look pristine, they're raw. If the leather patch is beat to shit and/or contorted at all in its dimensions, and/or if there's any roping effect in the hem, they've likely been washed.

If you are to get any more length shrinkage in a one wash pair, it'll be negligible -- 0.5" at most over several future washes.

Ordered a XX-009 Deep Indigo from BiG yesterday.

I think they are going to arrive tomorrow.

Can't wait to give them a warm bath.

Can't wait to wear the excrements out of them.

So I tried on the XX-010 this weekend - I love the fabric. Not sure about the cut, as it's pretty slim around the thighs, so I'm unsure which size to pick. How much shrinkage can I expect in length, waist and thighs? Thanks

Ordinary unsanforized shrinkage -- around 2.5" inseam, 2" waist, 0.5" everywhere else. I'd go true to size, or down one if you have thighs on the smaller side and want a slim fit.

009 is amazing.

My first impression when mine arrived was: awsome dungaree.

I gave it a 2 hr. long hot bath on the day of arrival and then another one the next day to get rid of starch content and all the shrinkage out of its way.

Though, there werent as much shrinkage as I expected, now, the denim is soft enough to be worn without any struggle and walk in without making myself look like a fool with a pipe up my ass.

I can't wait to witness its evolution. This is my first japanese denim and I am glad to know that I chose this brand as my starter.

Hi all. need some help here. although i have read 445 pages and have decided that my next pair is going to be a PBJ, but i still am clueless about this:

i want to get a PBJ for my girlfriend who is a natural 26 waist. I cant find any PBJ slim/skinny jeans for ladies cause at BIG, the ladies slim jeans starts from 27 waist. Would anyone recommend or give some advice on how to get a pbj for my girl?:)

thanks in advance.

Hi all. need some help here. although i have read 445 pages and have decided that my next pair is going to be a PBJ, but i still am clueless about this:

i want to get a PBJ for my girlfriend who is a natural 26 waist. I cant find any PBJ slim/skinny jeans for ladies cause at BIG, the ladies slim jeans starts from 27 waist. Would anyone recommend or give some advice on how to get a pbj for my girl?:)

thanks in advance.

The 1069 jeans size 0 is pretty skinny. They are a waist 27" which is like a nudie jeans longjohn size 24 which measures 27. That should be small enough?