BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

• 4 weeks later...

Wash them! My onis didn't really fade until I started to wash them regularly. Also, my pair remained pretty dark and un-contrasted for the first 6 months or so, and from then they faded pretty quickly. They don't really show indigo loss until every wash... Its hard to explain; they don't really fade between washes, but during the wash the worn areas lose their indigo. I think it has to do with the slubby denim in that the indigo is loosened from the weft but is still trapped in the cotton because its such an irregular surface, and when they are washed/argitaged in water that loose indigo is released from the thread. The slubbyness could also be the reason that they were very slow to break in and then quickly became lighter; the peaks and thick threads of the denim have to be worn down before the cores of the average and smaller threads can really be exposed. I usually don't try to over analyze things, but I hope that bit made sense...

Hopefully I'll have a new pair of jeans around the end of this month, but I'm bummed to stop wearing my onis (at least on a daily basis). I wish I had the money to buy another pair with the OG arcs and tabs to keep stashed away...

Some detail/teaser pictures below. Color in the first one is almost dead on.

detailtab.jpgpocketdetail.jpgpocket2detail.jpgbpocketdetail.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

my Onis are dirty as fuck right now...can't tell whether they're wearing in really well or just nasty. will post pictures at 6 months...once i figure out when that is. very good eye candy here til then though.

Poop, you should keep wearing them. I want mine to be a bit more contrasty, but like it has been said before, these seem nearly impossible to break. Keep it up everyone.

ive seen slush's onis in person, and i can assure you all that all the pub he's been getting lately is well deserved. cant wait to peep 'em again soon...i havent asked him what his next denim purchase will be, but hes the man w/oni's. hinoya should give him a free pair.

heres the last time I washed and took pictures of these for a long time... Next paycheck I'm buying something a new pair of something. I hate to part ways with these but its time for something new, plus I'm not so sure how much longer they can stand up to daily wear. A ton of the warp threads are breaking/wearing though on the tops of the leg/knee and I cant keep up with repairing the same spots plus new ones that need attention. I'd rather keep them in decent shape than wear them hard until they are destroyed or have some kind of blowout.

anyway , here are some of the evo pics Ive taken over the course of the past 17 months, with the newest ones at the bottom

4 months- oni4.5001_edited.jpg

sometime after that (not sure)- mini-ONI75009.jpg

8-9 months jawn002Medium.jpg11 months- jawnz6.jpg

13-14 months- jawns1.jpg17 months ---------------

front-2.jpg

back-1.jpg

pocket.jpg

sorry for the number of pictures

heres the last time I washed and took pictures of these for a long time... Next paycheck I'm buying something a new pair of something. I hate to part ways with these but its time for something new, plus I'm not so sure how much longer they can stand up to daily wear. A ton of the warp threads are breaking/wearing though on the tops of the leg/knee and I cant keep up with repairing the same spots plus new ones that need attention. I'd rather keep them in decent shape than wear them hard until they are destroyed or have some kind of blowout.

anyway , here are some of the evo pics Ive taken over the course of the past 17 months, with the newest ones at the bottom

sorry for the number of pictures

Man your Oni Blue's are beautiful. Are there still barely any Oni wearing folk around SUFU?

I'll take some photos of mine that I have been wearing to work these past two months as soon as I get a chance.

Here is small peak of my Oni Blue's just a few days ago. I've been wearing these to work the past two months (Enjoy the stains). They have had 6 months of wear, but before 2 months ago it was juts casual.

Sorry for the bad photo's.. I only had an iPhone at my disposal.

The first photo is very close to the true color.

*CLICK ME*

th_ONI1.jpg

th_ONI2.jpg

*CLICK ME*