Denim Repair

obsessis

repaired the pocket bag on my 710's. Lined the top with silver selvedge, for durability (and class;))

front:

4kzko3.jpg

inside

2ntieq0.jpg

Using this piece of crap for repairs - it's really not made to handle this kind of fabric - needle keeps snapping. I'd love a commercial level machine. You get what you pay for.

2l4zh3.jpg

Mailed my jeans to Sydney's in Toronto, included a return envelope and contact info. They charged $25 to my credit card over the phone, and I had the jeans back in just over a week. Very happy with their work! Recommended for anyone in Toronto, or Canada for that matter.

DSC_0919.jpg

DSC_0927.jpg

DSC_0922.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

DSC_0932.jpg

Mailed my jeans to Sydney's in Toronto, included a return envelope and contact info. They charged $25 to my credit card over the phone, and I had the jeans back in just over a week. Very happy with their work! Recommended for anyone in Toronto, or Canada for that matter.

Glad they took care of you. They have always done good work for me and pretty cheap too. I can't wait until Sydney starts doing his custom denim again when his own line gets released.

• 2 weeks later...
repaired the pocket bag on my 710's. Lined the top with silver selvedge, for durability (and class;))

front:

4kzko3.jpg

inside

2ntieq0.jpg

Using this piece of crap for repairs - it's really not made to handle this kind of fabric - needle keeps snapping. I'd love a commercial level machine. You get what you pay for.

2l4zh3.jpg

Are you putting the needles in the right way?

It may sound dumb, but its a common problem, and an easy mistake to make.

So I went to LA a couple weeks ago from the bay area and decided to take a chance on denim alterations. I’m a big supporter of mom and pop stores so I thought some fellow superfutures would also be interested in this review. I originally was gonna get my SEXSC06’S tapered and the waist for my samurai BKs extended at HTC denim doctors but their prices were a little steep for me. I randomly found this other denim store on Yelp/superfuture and decided to check it out. www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com

All I gotta say is that Robert Schaeffer does great denim work and that this place is great. Robert’s service was excellent and he was especially attentive in terms of how I wanted my denim altered. Once I dropped them off, he had them shipped backed to me priority less than a week…so turn-around time is very quick and prices are very reasonable. After I received them, I was definitely pleased with both pairs. I need further alterations for my SEXSC06 and he is totally understanding/willing to fix any issues I have with my new alterations, no questions asked…now that is service! The problem I see with many services is that they are not willing to follow up on their customers….Robert is not one of them…he makes sure you are 100% satisfied. I will post pics of the tapered sugar canes once I get them back from him so you can see his craft work. If you plan on getting ur denim altered from him, I recommend going to his store in person, as he did take his time to measure me up and recommend what may work well. . He also ships any denim he alters/repairs to superfuture heads back for free so that’s definitely a plus for me at least.

Had a chance to talk to him about his store and found out he actually headed denim doctors for 4 years before opening this denim/vintage goods shop a couple months ago. He currently stocks lots of vintage goods and denim of course but he also mentioned that he is in the works of getting a Flathead account as well as an upcoming cone denim account so production samples of the cone denim pairs will be produced very shortly. Definitely a great experience, and I will make sure to come back to him in the near future for denim work!

Here are numerous/super detailed pics of his work(had the waist extended by an inch):

IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9872.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

IMG_9870.jpg

IMG_9856.jpg

IMG_9854.jpg

IMG_9874.jpg

IMG_9873.jpg

yes i have recommended him in the past. dudes legit and knows what hes doing

recommend them. sent a pair for a chainstitch and got them back a week later. shipping took longer than the actual process. just email or call them and Robert will set you up right.
My name is Robert Schaeffer and I have run Denim Doctors for almost 4 years. I have left and started my own company that does all the denim repair and alteration on site in a huge store on Sunset Blvd. I also am set up to do start to finish denim manufacturing on site. Denim Doctors is a great company that I helped re-build so if you love them then stay with them. But if you know me through dealing with me I want to let everybody know where I am at. I have all the chain stiching machines, invisible repair machines, bar tacking equipment etc.. i don't post ever so this is a one time thing for me. I carry the same deal that all SUFU customers pay no shipping going back and will have 10% off all repairs and alterations. Email or contact me for more info, thanks.

Schaeffers Garment Hotel & The Denim Repair Shop

7517 W. Sunset Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90046

P: 323-798-4310

[email protected]

www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com ( site will be published on 1/23/10)

So I went to LA a couple weeks ago from the bay area and decided to take a chance on denim alterations. I’m a big supporter of mom and pop stores so I thought some fellow superfutures would also be interested in this review. I originally was gonna get my SEXSC06’S tapered and the waist for my samurai BKs extended at HTC denim doctors but their prices were a little steep for me. I randomly found this other denim store on Yelp/superfuture and decided to check it out. www.schaeffersgarmenthotel.com

All I gotta say is that Robert Schaeffer does great denim work and that this place is great. Robert’s service was excellent and he was especially attentive in terms of how I wanted my denim altered. Once I dropped them off, he had them shipped backed to me priority less than a week…so turn-around time is very quick and prices are very reasonable. After I received them, I was definitely pleased with both pairs. I need further alterations for my SEXSC06 and he is totally understanding/willing to fix any issues I have with my new alterations, no questions asked…now that is service! The problem I see with many services is that they are not willing to follow up on their customers….Robert is not one of them…he makes sure you are 100% satisfied. I will post pics of the tapered sugar canes once I get them back from him so you can see his craft work. If you plan on getting ur denim altered from him, I recommend going to his store in person, as he did take his time to measure me up and recommend what may work well. . He also ships any denim he alters/repairs to superfuture heads back for free so that’s definitely a plus for me at least. Had a chance to talk to him about his store and found out he actually headed denim doctors for 4 years before opening this denim/vintage goods shop a couple months ago. He currently stocks lots of vintage goods and denim of course but he also mentioned that he is in the works of getting a Flathead account as well as an upcoming cone denim account so production samples of the cone denim pairs will be produced very shortly. Definitely a great experience, and I will make sure to come back to him in the near future for denim work!

So last week I biked to school all week to celebrate Earth Day and all that, and on my way to school my jeans snagged on my toe clip and tore the seam.

4532752644_8ee46250d7.jpg

It wasn't terribly difficult to repair, just kinda fun.

4532757198_f0b04ccb54.jpg

4532757888_6ab1c54229.jpg

Worst part is, is that it happened while i was walking the bike up a hill. oops.

• 2 weeks later...

nice stuff, guys!

My Levi's 1966 superslims have been falling apart everywhere lately so I've been doing my best to fix problem areas as they arise. Here's some pics of my repairs in the back pockets, crotch and seat. the black fabric I used is from some cheap skinny jeans from pac sun (the fabric had some stretch to it so I thought it would work better for high stress areas) . All repairs were done by hand.

thursday016.jpg

thursday018-1.jpgthursday019-1.jpg

also, here's a pic of the crotch repair on my 501's

thursday017-1.jpg