Fullcount 1108 vs SD103s Fit comparison

I like the way the Full Counts look on you.

How tall are you, by the way? When I tried on the 1108s, I found they were too short. Too bad, since I think the denim itself is first-rate. The 1108s look snug enough on you so you could dispense with an initial soak altogether -- just wear them until they stretch out, then cold wash, etc.

Quote:

give those fullcounts a good soak before you say they're not true to size

in my experience they do shrink down properly

--- Original message by asfberg on May 25, 2006 07:17 PM

I gave mine a good soak and a good washing. The shrank a lot, but came out to be one inch over the tagged size exactly, with no wear or stretching from me.

Quote:

i wonder how people are measuring their jeans

seems strange so many people are getting differences where all mine from various brands are the same (all my samurai 34 waist jeans measure 34 after shrinking)

--- Original message by asfberg on May 25, 2006 09:40 PM

yes, I don't trust anyone who says their japanese jeans do not shrink to tagged size.

people measure the wrong way, soak/wash at the wrong temperature, measure after stretching etc.

this is how you measure jeans

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/rebirth/size_1.html

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Quote:
Quote:

seems strange so many people are getting differences where all mine from various brands are the same (all my samurai 34 waist jeans measure 34 after shrinking)

yes, I don't trust anyone who says their japanese jeans do not shrink to tagged size.

people measure the wrong way, soak/wash at the wrong temperature, measure after stretching etc.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 26, 2006 01:40 AM

Measuring this way is no more accurate than measuring the back of the waistband. It's just different.

Digital denim - do the honeycombs and general wear pattern overall move and mess up the uniformity if you dont soak them to shrink before wearing the first round ?

Sorry if you said you soaked the 7 monthers first , but it seems you wear jeans raw unwashed , then soak or wash only after first round ?

thanks

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 26, 2006 01:40 AM

Measuring this way is no more accurate than measuring the back of the waistband. It's just different.

--- Original message by minya on May 26, 2006 05:45 AM

yes it is, since the by the company provided measurement is the circumference of the waist.

the measurement of the back of the waistband is irrelevant and not comparable to other jeans of different cuts.

the front half of the waistband is always longer than the other half, and by how much is decided by the proportion of the frontrise : back rise.

Samurai measures the circumference, as does Studio D'Artisan and I'm sure this is common practice for other similar brands.

There just isn't any logic argument for measuring less than 50% of the waistband when you want to know the full length of the waistband.

i've got to agree with hjj here

i've got a lot of jeans and never a surprise with the waist measurement - the leg yes, but that's a function of how slim the jeans are and where i wear them (and that's why the 35" inseam on my sd-103's was too short while the 35" inseam on my jomons is enough, and also why the same 36" inseams on 2 different models of samurai aren't exactly the same when i wear them)

Quote: the front half of the waistband is always longer than the other half, and by how much is decided by the proportion of the frontrise : back rise.
Ah, that's true, I didn't t hink about that. That picture still makes it unclear how you're measuring, though. Are you folding the jeans at the side and measuring from the front button to the back belt loop?

BTW, there's still a big difference between circumference and true size -- for instance, the circumference of my hips, where I wear jeans, is about 35". I can fit into a 32 in a lot of brands however.

Quote:
Quote: the front half of the waistband is always longer than the other half, and by how much is decided by the proportion of the frontrise : back rise.
Ah, that's true, I didn't t hink about that. That picture still makes it unclear how you're measuring, though. Are you folding the jeans at the side and measuring from the front button to the back belt loop?

BTW, there's still a big difference between circumference and true size -- for instance, the circumference of my hips, where I wear jeans, is about 35". I can fit into a 32 in a lot of brands however.

--- Original message by minya on May 26, 2006 08:20 AM

yes, lay them with the side down on the floor, that way the two sides will be almost parallell.

if you put them on the floor with the back on the floor it will be harder to line up the two sides of the waistband.

you also need to consider the rise of the jeans when you choose size of course. High rise jeans should be bought in a smaller size because the waistband is above your hips, closer to your waist.

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on May 26, 2006 at 09:26 AM

i'll just have to admit here i don't get this fad for "sizing down" and stretching out

my jeans are all 34's, none are too tight and none have stretched out so they're too loose

when they're washed (or soaked or whatever) they do shrink down and get tighter fitting, but they all stretch out comfortably and enough, and all are slim fitting, none are baggy (except the bc4000's but those never stretch at all ... because they're loose fitting)

Quote:

i'll just have to admit here i don't get this fad for "sizing down" and stretching out

my jeans are all 34's, none are too tight and none have stretched out so they're too loose

when they're washed (or soaked or whatever) they do shrink down and get tighter fitting, but they all stretch out comfortably and enough, and all are slim fitting, none are baggy (except the bc4000's but those never stretch at all ... because they're loose fitting)

--- Original message by asfberg on May 26, 2006 10:23 AM

well for me i like it to be as fitted as possible because the amount of time im going to wear it before a wash i want it to accomodate so it doesnt stretch out too much while im breaking them in.

i think thats how other people see it also. for those who size down.

Julian Red Cali 32x32 *USED* 2 1/2 weeks. 130$ shipped -U.S only.

[url=" http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570"] <a href="http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570" target="_blank">http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570</a>

no, i understand that

but the more one sizes down the more the jeans will stretch, and overly stretched jeans look funny

my jeans are fitted on me, are all the same size, and don't stretch out that much between very infrequent soakings. to me what's not strange is that i'm a 34 and i wear 34's in every brand and style of jeans (of course i don't wear levi's stf's)

when i have had smaller jeans that stretch out to my natural size i always found them oddly fitted as opposed to well fitted, but i just don't like that puckery look around the button fly people get these days

hey are there different types of 1108? im seeing different fits on rakuten, one mentions 1108 "straight legs" and other is "66" type?

Julian Red Cali 32x32 *USED* 2 1/2 weeks. 130$ shipped -U.S only.

[url=" http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570"] <a href="http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570" target="_blank">http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=11570</a>

• 6 months later...