Working Jeans.

Dick Danger

I have a couple of pairs of Iron Hearts on the way and I want to care for them as best I can. Based on searches I know I should go as long as possible before I wash them, but for me that might only be a few weeks. I've included a pic of my office to explain why. It doesn't take very long for whatever I wear to end up pretty grimy. Of course I'm going to use a gentle soap, but it might also be a good time to pick up a front loading washer. Would a front loader be that much better for a gentle wash?

152790768_35cad2514c.jpg?v=0

I used to work construction in a pair of canes. I usually went about a month of not washing. I only wore the jeans for work and then retired to my RRDS after work. If I were you I would hold off on the first wash for 2 months (if you can). I know it will get stinky, but damnit no pain no gain. Then after the first wash, you could wash them every month. I gaurantee good results.

The only concern I would have is not the wear and getting dirty with mud and such, but other crap that would not ad to the look.

For example, I used to pave. If I wore dry jeans to work, they would have got a lot of wear, but they too would be forever stained with tack oil, and this would look stoooopid.

it would be very interesting to see how raw jeans turn out by heavy wear such as actual work

i remember seeing in one of these denim forums, a pair of jeans that where fucking filthy, mostly because thats what the wearer wanted the jeans to be. unfortunately, i didnt get to see how they turned out.

so i agree with the suggestion to baby one pair and beat the shit out of the other. keep us updated.

Soak them in liquid starch diluted mixture before wearing - should be a half way decent " scotchguard "

Matter of fact do it and remove them an hour or two before work or night before and just hang dry then spray wet them with water ( spray bottle ) and wear them to work .. Shoudl start the details off nicely ..

it will be really nice to see how jeans will turn out after being used in the intended way.

maybe just wear them like any other 'normal' pair of jeans, but wash less?

For sale

Edwins new with all tags. Both 'worn' effect. PM me

Nashville 28 x 34 (£90) and Greenville 28 x 34 (£50)

I don't know man, as I have stated before, I am a laundry man in Texas and some of our business comes from oil workers. We wash their jeans and their coveralls and without exception every pair I have washed for them have been absolutely ruined and incredibly ugly and stinking with oil. I don't know exactly what you do but if you are doing what these guys are doing your shit will be completely ruined. I have washed oil workers uniforms and to clean them it takes two to three washes with industrial strength degreaser and they still come out a shit brown color and reak of crude. If I were you I would buy some jeans you don't mind throwing away.

Can anyone comment on how Ironheart jeans wear and how they fit, or look like when worn?

Thanks,

-Jake

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

-Albert Einstein

I had seen their site but not that rakuten page; thanks!

-Jake

As far as I'm concerned, I prefer silent vice to ostentatious virtue.

-Albert Einstein

Quote:

I don't know man, as I have stated before, I am a laundry man in Texas and some of our business comes from oil workers. We wash their jeans and their coveralls and without exception every pair I have washed for them have been absolutely ruined and incredibly ugly and stinking with oil. I don't know exactly what you do but if you are doing what these guys are doing your shit will be completely ruined. I have washed oil workers uniforms and to clean them it takes two to three washes with industrial strength degreaser and they still come out a shit brown color and reak of crude. If I were you I would buy some jeans you don't mind throwing away.

--- Original message by damnIam on May 25, 2006 05:01 AM

This is what I was eluding to with my experience with tack oil and paving. Not all wear is good wear. if you were a carpenter or something, maybe, but working the rigs? Also, do they not have coveralls they will want you to wear? As I think somebody has already asked, what will you be doing?

I say just wash em when they need washing. If you want you jeans to wear in a very specific way, just buy them pre distressed. Most of the high quality jeans I've seen look good to me after wear either way: with a lot or with few washes, they'll just look different. That's just my opinion.

I do have to wear fire retardant coveralls. They take most of the abuse, and if they end up soaked with something flammable they come off quick. The Levis I wear now don't seem to have any particular odor after a wash. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I set the chokes on the pipe and I'm a floorman most of the time, and when the pipe comes out I work the crowsnest.

I like the idea of beating one pair and babying the other.

Edited by Dick Danger on May 25, 2006 at 02:24 PM

• 2 months later...