SExDBxSxS12 Contest Thread

DFreshLeish

The denim seems interesting, the electric blue that is poking through is beautiful.

I can understand why the RR x FH isn't selling well, but I don't understand why the DB's are getting the same treatment. But you're right, I think timing has everything to do with it.

The denim seems interesting, the electric blue that is poking through is beautiful.

I can understand why the RR x FH isn't selling well, but I don't understand why the DB's are getting the same treatment. But you're right, I think timing has everything to do with it.

They're both selling exactly as expected actually.

You have to understand something... our collabs used to sell out in a week when we were making 75 to 100 pairs of each, we're not making 300 to 500 of each model. (we made less of the SEXFHXRR jean but that's a specialized design, nobody expected to sell very quickly).

Potsnu - why, in your opinion, do you believe the SEXFHXRR's aren't selling well?

My size has 1 left. Then thats that. With the price at just under $500, I'd say they're selling just fine.

(sitting here typing in my SEXFHXRR's)

glad I was fortunate to score a pair. They are, hands down, the most interesting, nicest designed denim I've seen in a long time.

either way, good luck with the contest. I'll definitely be tuning in with my popcorn.

stresMaldo I can actually snag a pair of the SExFHxRR for $325 brand new in my size from the Marketplace. However, I opted to pay close to $400 for this pair instead. I think once you get past a certain price point, price becomes irrelevant. If you look below, it only has a 3% higher sell thru with nearly a month more selling time. Of course you can't base it solely on that alone.

Instead you start looking at qualities of the denim, the details, the construction, the cut, and other intrinsic qualities to make your decision. I just recently bought a pair of Wrangler Jins, so I didn't need another pair of LHT. That and the whole single stitch look was something I didn't appreciate. But I definitely understand that it was meant to be an "avante garde" denim so it wasn't meant to appeal to a wide audience.

Now assuming inventory listed online is perpetual:

SExFHxRR has 68% sell thru since Nov 6th

SExDB has 65% sell thru since Dec 4th

Since total pairs of the SEXI14 wasn't released, I can't really comment on the sell thru but it would be a good comparison since it was released Dec 11th.

Kiya, on the surface it looked like it wasn't selling well judging from the lack of posts in the threads found here and on Styleforum which is what my conjecture was based on. But when you look at the numbers, they are selling as expected.

I just naturally assumed that with both forums designing the patches I would have expected more involvement from the members. Then again there are always people who don't post at all so you can't completely go by that.

I give anyone credit who is wearing these jeans, i stopped in SENY on sunday and tried this on and theyre pretty intense. The cut is awesome i like the mid rise on them and everything.

Thumbs up to SF DB SE and SuFu for coming up with an awesome pair of jeans.

Glad I made it into the contest! Was there a ten person limit or was that just how many slots were listed? I would have died a little inside if I bought my first pair of contest denim and missed the opportunity to participate in the contest.

Also my first pair of super premium selvage denim (I have previously rocked what many would consider to be "entry level"; I have a pair of APCs [New Cure], a pair of Naked & Famous [Weird Guy in Deep Indigo] and a pair of 3-Sixteens which I will feel guilty retiring temporarily).

I was really in the market for some black jeans but when I saw these I couldn't resist. We'll see how I fair this summer, since I live in Phoenix and get around exclusively via bicycle.

Can't wait for this beast to arrive in the mail!

Glad I made it into the contest! Was there a ten person limit or was that just how many slots were listed? I would have died a little inside if I bought my first pair of contest denim and missed the opportunity to participate in the contest.

Also my first pair of super premium selvage denim (I have previously rocked what many would consider to be "entry level"; I have a pair of APCs [New Cure], a pair of Naked & Famous [Weird Guy in Deep Indigo] and a pair of 3-Sixteens which I will feel guilty retiring temporarily).

I was really in the market for some black jeans but when I saw these I couldn't resist. We'll see how I fair this summer, since I live in Phoenix and get around exclusively via bicycle.

Can't wait for this beast to arrive in the mail!

I had just made 10 slots, I have no problem expanding the competition allow to more people unless anyone opposed. Phoenix in these things is going to be rough, but I'm excited to see fades from a daily biker. At least you have that dry heat haha.

I had just made 10 slots, I have no problem expanding the competition allow to more people unless anyone opposed. Phoenix in these things is going to be rough, but I'm excited to see fades from a daily biker. At least you have that dry heat haha.

Oh, it's a dry heat until you're in it, and then you sweat and your clothes stick to you. It will be a test of my determination. That's for sure.

Phoenix = denim dork proving grounds.

Thanks! I'm in Thailand. So glad I can take part in this contest.

Is there any rule for the contest? like how often needed for an update.

Rules aren't too crazy, just an update with pics at least once a month but more if you can! Check the front page periodically to see any new updates to rules and prizes (working on it). Entry for the contest ends Feb 28 11:59 pm EST.

SExDB121days-f.jpg

SExDB121days-b.jpg

my fit pics! 1st day worn with no-soak. They were a bit tight at first, took me some time to button. but its ok right now, the waist is 31ish. Think I'll wear them raw for a while, maybe will give them soak next month.

Awesome fit, but yeah you better soak those for a bit or everythings going to move when you do...

the jeans sure do shrink.

they also fade pretty easily.

so if you aren't going to do an initial soak, count on your fades shifting...

ok, I have reason I decided not to soak them.

I saw many unsanforized jeans which just shrink as little as sanforized jeans do. Most sanforized jeans I've own shrink 1" in waist and a bit for other parts.

and the shrink rate for these jeans that selfedge website claim are 1" in waist and just 0.2 for other parts. I means I see no different than a sanforized these jeans are!

But since you guys warn me, its good thing. I also want to know if anyone soaked them and notice much changes in shrinking. Please let me know, I will have to soak mine then, Thanks!

ok, I have reason I decided not to soak them.

I saw many unsanforized jeans which just shrink as little as sanforized jeans do. Most sanforized jeans I've own shrink 1" in waist and a bit for other parts.

and the shrink rate for these jeans that selfedge website claim are 1" in waist and just 0.2 for other parts. I means I see no different than a sanforized these jeans are!

But since you guys warn me, its good thing. I also want to know if anyone soaked them and notice much changes in shrinking. Please let me know, I will have to soak mine then, Thanks!

There's another thread on the SExDBxSxS12 on here where people were discussing how much their pair shrank after a soak, check that out to get everyones results. I lost an inch in the inseam but really not much anywhere else. Some others results varied...

But wearing them in the soak will help a lot. Keep them on til they dry some too.

There's another thread on the SExDBxSxS12 on here where people were discussing how much their pair shrank after a soak, check that out to get everyones results. I lost an inch in the inseam but really not much anywhere else. Some others results varied...

But wearing them in the soak will help a lot. Keep them on til they dry some too.

Thats why I decided not to do it =/

My sanforized even shrink more than these...

One other thing you may consider....

When IH put out their 21/23.5 oz jean they recommended a wash.. even more than a soak.

One customer bought these and wore them straight away - no soak, no nothing - and because the fabric was so sttiff and abrasive it made the stitching fall apart within 6 months.

The DB jean is an even heavier weight... and I would assume you will come across a similar problem if you don't soften up the denim with a soak.

One other thing you may consider....

When IH put out their 21/23.5 oz jean they recommended a wash.. even more than a soak.

One customer bought these and wore them straight away - no soak, no nothing - and because the fabric was so sttiff and abrasive it made the stitching fall apart within 6 months.

The DB jean is an even heavier weight... and I would assume you will come across a similar problem if you don't soften up the denim with a soak.

Thanks for a reasonable advice! I remember my skull with its broken stitching. I think I will give them some soak...

since the discussion is varied on shrinking do you really want to risk it? sure you could get lucky with no shrinkage but you could also have a major FAIL and screw yourself up. i soaked twice to make sure there was no more shrinkage. i feel like airing on the side of caution would be smarter.

and like i said earlier, just wear it into the tub. bring a book and some nice ice cold water and prepare to sweat bullets lol. reminds me of my lvc '47 501 experience ...