SExDBxSxS12 Contest Thread

DFreshLeish

Hey guys, this is the contest thread for the Self Edge x Dry Bones x Superfuture x Styleforum Jean. Ideally, everyone involved in the contest should post pictures at least once a month, but more is always encouraged. I havent figured out judges yet, and I'm working out prizes, but I just wanted to get this rolling first. Anyone who's interested in joining and/or helping with judging or prize suggestions/assistance please PM me. Stay tuned as more details will follow over the next couple weeks...

I know a lot of people started to wear theirs when they were released in early Dec 2010, so there's no official start date. The entry list will be open from today, Feb. 1st 2011 to Feb. 28th 2011, and the contest will run through Feb. 28th 2012.

As far as prizes are concerned, I have talked to Kiya at Self Edge and he has generously offered the winning pair a spot on display at Self Edge San Francisco (As long as the winner wants to part with them). If 1st place declines, it will be deferred to 2nd, then to third. Working out other prizes as the days go on. Again, if anyone has any other ideas, please PM me.

Good Luck!

1) DFreshLeish - Maryland, USA - Jan 1st, 2011

2) randomkoreandude - Washington, DC USA - Dec 11, 2010

3) Corporalclegg - San Francisco, California USA - Dec 4, 2010

4) Cure

5) Lucaas - Indonesia - Dec 19, 2010

6) Jdmcnary - Madison, Wisconsin - Jan 2011

7) Rcow - Orange County, California - Dec 27, 2010

8) Cdennis - Jan 10, 2011

9) iGit - Dec 2011

10) JustinDisgustin - Feb 7, 2011

11) Ponga - Thailand - Feb 10, 2011

12) Potsnu - Feb 2011

13) Mrgodly - Brooklyn NY - March 2011

14) An Oxymoron - Oregon USA - April 2011

15) Cooly_One - April 2011

16) khoumphonh - June10, 2011

17) rheza. - March 2011

18) oregontrail256 - Los Angeles, USA - June 2011

19) itylerstewart - July 2011

This should be a sufu vs. styleforum contest. Apparently there's some bad blood:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=211954&page=3

Let's see a throwdown.

There will be blood...

Actually, a contest between the two would be pretty awesome. I'll try to get in touch with someone from Styleforum about putting up our top three against their top three in March of next year or something.

@random: looking good man, those are pretty serious lines under your back pockets, not sure if I've seen lines like that before.

@iGit: I was just looking at your post in the Evo thread and thought to myself "good thing he hasn't seen the contest thread yet." then I came here... Your combs are crazy!

Edit: I think iGit is the only pair I've seen with pocket bag fades. I cut the bottom of mine, anyone else keep theirs?

damn igit!

that's beast. +rep

anyway, never post pic in this thread before. so here it is:

crosspost from heavyweight & waywt thread:

went out for a fishing day with fellow Indonesian members.

DSC_8646.jpg

well, nothing serious about the fishing thing, just go out and have fun with others.

so some of us that frequent both forums are trying to start one on the other side. ill post progress but as of now it looks like we will only have a handful of peeps on the styleforum side

it would be amazing to do a forum v forum with top 3 or something

I agree, we should try to work out a top 3 on 3 for next march. It'd be cool if it worked out, but I agree, it doesn't look like well have that many people on the styleforum side. That being said, I feel like theres people missing in the SuFu side too. I still can't figure out why these jawnz aren't sold/almost sold out...

Are there people in the heavyweight contest that aren't participating in this contest?

a little bit confuse too with few pair of this jeans being sold. at first, I think maybe it's because the weight of this jeans and the slim cut (rather than straight-slim whatever). however, you are right about the other contest around SuFu, like roy, IH, and others.

well, let's just enjoy our ride man! :D

Weight of the denim can be misleading. You can have heavy weight denim that is woven to give a nice soft feel, while others can be cardboard.

Either way, can't wait to get my pair. It will be a weekend warrior and I hemmed them to have almost no stacking. I've grown out of the whole stacking craze, though I hope I made my measurements right! I can always compensate with temperature of water.

Despite reading over every single collaboration from SE, this is my first purchase ever. I'm a Samurai fan so my business has gone to BIG over the years. Nearly pulled the trigger on the last DB collab.