Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

Still really enjoying reading the thread, I catch it every day if I can, loads of awesome photos coming out of it! Certainly inspiring me to get some heavyweight denim when I'm done with my lot.105 yen jeans and my okinawas.

STICKERS HAVE BEEN ORDERED! Should start shipping in about 10-12 days. Get your orders in ASAP cause when they are gone that's it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANNER ORDERS ARE CLOSED

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have filled all the orders for the HDC T-Shirts and shipped them all out

here is a link to what's left if anyone still wants one.

ALL SIZES NOW AVAILABLE IN BLACK SHIRTS

SOME WHITE LARGE AND X-LARGE STILL IN STOCK

CLICK HERE TO ORDER

popeye3blackbutton.png

Click here

Popeye4-blackbutton.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE POST PICS WHEN YOU GET YOUR STUFF!!

Just the black ones. I decided to do just a few more in the smaller sizes and had to pick a color since it's 2 completly different setups to do black & white.

Everyone get your sticker order in ASAP, don't wait! I'll only have enough of them to fill about 20 orders and there will be no re-order on these.

That's the thing isn't it. These guys wear their jeans HARD, so keeping them in one piece for 2 years might be a challenge in itself.

Then they can stop after 2 months an conserve them till the end. Nobody forces them to wear them 2 years straight (or can we :rolleyes:?)

Damn it, you spotted the flaw in my plan :P

I would think that some competitors jeans will need repairs at some stage. Some Samurai suffer with crotch repairs due to the 100% cotton thread, and depending how they have been sized.

That's the thing isn't it. These guys wear their jeans HARD, so keeping them in one piece for 2 years might be a challenge in itself.

It might be a stretch to make a pair of jeans worn for construction last two years, but if there's a pair of jeans that could hold up under that kind of abuse I think it would be the IH 24oz denim.

I don't get why all of you nancy boys think you need two pairs of jeans to get you through two years. I thought the point of the contest was to see if the heavier weight of the denim could endure more wear than the standard one year contest for lighter weight denim. At least no one seems to have their jeans exploding at the seams already *cough*eternal*cough*. I understand that committing to a single pair of jeans for two years is not for the faint of heart. By all means, wear some different jeans or pants every so often.

But introducing a second pair of jeans into the contest and dividing your attention between two jeans defeats the purpose of the contest.

If you wanted to wear two pairs of jeans over the next two years, then why not just make two contests. Or make a two-jean rotation contest. Or call it an ordinary year on SuFu. This is getting ridiculous.

/rant

Or, just let people wear two pairs if they want to and don't worry about it. If a person thinks that they can commit to working on two pairs over two years then I don't see the problem personally. More variation of denim and pictures and updates and all that good stuff that we love in competitions.

Calm down man, this is meant to be a fun contest for Heavyweight denim, not the olympics. ;)