7 stacks... too much for a watch?

Pavlov's Bell

eh? the exchange rate is near 1:1.

Yeah, but what do entry level workers typically make in Australia? Not talking bulge bracket types, I'm talking graduating from an average uni, average job for average Joe... I think today's 22 year old American kids with very average grades in college may be looking at some pretty dismal salaries.

Yeah, but what do entry level workers typically make in Australia? Not talking bulge bracket types, I'm talking graduating from an average uni, average job for average Joe... I think today's 22 year old American kids with very average grades in college may be looking at some pretty dismal salaries.

dismal salaries leading to dismal... futures?

(sorry couldn't help myself)

re: average grades – it's all about your hustle. can't expect no job or salary if you're just average. i think the people who work hard still get what they want, but the lazy and average people get thrown to the rocks moreso these days.

Randy... you're a fucking pretentious douchebag and a hell of a lot dumber than you make yourself out to be. These days, ain't many 23 year olds with $160k saved up in the bank. Does it happen? Yes, it obviously does, you miserable fucking cunt, but its not "the norm" like you and Spoona are insisting. There are tons of people who bank 160k a year out of school (I mean, if you're gonna drop $150k on an education...) but there's a huge difference between making a decent salary and having close to $160K saved up before you're 25. That's all I'm saying - I'm sure that 99.9% of recent graduates will agree.

...just stop. Stop talking like you're black. Stop acting like the whitest fucking kid in Portland.

I said you are a moron for a lot of reasons. DaBestSpoona covered some quite thoroughly, but really the main point is that you post like a fucking idiot, and you seem to actually BE an idiot.

Here's an idea for you: stop rubbing your taint with an old 45 minute tape of a wu-tang and onyx mix, act your age, and don't say stupid things that make us think "good god, this kid is a fucking retard".

p.s. I'm not pretentious. I actually am an awesome human being. Unlike yourself. (this is a sarcastic comment for the most part)

re: average grades – it's all about your hustle. can't expect no job or salary if you're just average. i think the people who work hard still get what they want, but the lazy and average people get thrown to the rocks moreso these days.

well, its not that average grades will only land you average jobs

grades also = the amount of effort you are putting into your vocation

really really so sick of other students my age half dead eyes glazed over during discussion, or other peeps talking about how the prof is a windbag leftist moron before lecture begins

if ur not going to put any effort into your work today... WHEN??? WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LIFE AND WHY AREN'T YOU DOING IT NOW?

i want to slap these kids upside the head and ask them if they are alive or if they are thinking or if they want to be meat bags ground up in someone else's gears just to put green in their checking acct

seriously

lol interesting to see this thread after i asked if it was wise to spend 10% of my salary on an IWC.

in regards to graduates, depending on what field it varies quite a bit. if i were to put a rough estimate on how much a graduate earns it would be 50k.

For those that didnt go to university i would guestimate it be 35k.

The median household income in australia is around 55-60k.

lol interesting to see this thread after i asked if it was wise to spend 10% of my salary on an IWC.

in regards to graduates, depending on what field it varies quite a bit. if i were to put a rough estimate on how much a graduate earns it would be 50k.

For those that didnt go to university i would guestimate it be 35k.

The median household income in australia is around 55-60k.

the median australian income is that high? i always thought it was around 45-50k (not saying you are wrong, i have no idea).

i was born/raised in england but have spent most of my life in australia now - vegemite is clearly the superior choice.

apparently people born in england/australi have no functioning taste buds

but whatever

^Truth

I'd rather put $7k into a poker game or on a craps table than do anything suggested in this thread. (0)

Alright... but if you happen to win, what are you gonna do with the winnings? Continue to play and lose it all?

^nah in all honesty I'm good about leaving ahead. Shit happens every now and then but anybody who gambles on a regular basis has to be good about walking out, otherwise you just end up being another degenerate.

edit: I'm due for a trip sometime in the next week or two, I'll make my budget $7k and see what happens ;)

There are much more expensive watches out there. $7000 in today's society isn't a lot any more. People here are willing to pay more than $300 for a pair of jeans when you can get 10 pairs at that price.

Seriously, of all places, I can't believe people here are finding $7000 would be too much for a watch.

• 2 weeks later...