Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI14

reallypeacedoff

Hello, i just received my sexi14s in the mail today and i have some kind of a problem.

So I tried them and, as with normal brand new denim, I can't button up the last button, but I find the leg to be really bigger than I thought.

so either I hot soak them, which should make the leg a bit narrower, or I return them for a pair of 27s(i have the 28) but I fear that the 27 will be too small of the waist, since i cant fully button up the 28.

also, will the denim stretch back to its original length over time after the soak ?

thanks

Ok so should i send them back for a size down or jump in the bath with them on ?

Also I'm gonna need to hem them, if i decide to keep them, should i hem them before or after the soak?

And how long should the soak be?

Thanks for the help guys.

if you're going to keep them, which i recommend, do a hem after a soak as the hem will shrink about 3-4 inches in length - mine did.

as for the soak, jump in the water (warm) for about 15mins. or if you don't feel like jumping in with them on, jam something in the waist to prevent it from constricting too much.

for mine, i really had to squeeze myself into them after a soak. i could barely do them up and they were massively tight on my arse. this changed pretty quickly and now they sag if i don't wear a belt.

Alright thanks but my real concern would be the leg.

I fear that after the soak (like a couple months) they'll find back their original size. Am I wrong about this ?

thanks

Edited by ludradn

Alright thanks but my real concern would be the leg.

I fear that after the soak (like a couple months) they'll find back their original size. Am I wrong about this ?

thanks

I'm having a hard time understanding your fit problem -- with the shape of these jeans, if the waist is too tight, then everything should be too tight. These don't flare out after the waist, they're quite tapered actually. How is it that your waist is tight but it's too big for your legs? Do you have a big belly but twigs for legs? Regardless...I think the legs won't stretch out too much if they are that loose on you.

the denim is really only going to stretch out where it's under some tension & duress. if the legs are a loose fit currently then you really don't have anything to worry about. if it does stretch out a bit after a few months of wear you can always drop them in some warm water again and it'll shrink back.

just soak them and start enjoying them.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my sexi14 for over a couple weeks know, and I tried on the 32 at the store, and it felt a little restraining on the waist but nothing too bad. they told me to purchase the 33, as post soak I wouldn't be able to fit into the 32. So just after maybe 2-5 wear the 33 waist has stretched back out so much that i can slip my hand in and out with no problem, which I mean is no biggie I just throw on a belt. The thighs fit pretty good, but from the knee down the taper doesn't look that tapered, or maybe its the length? So the question is should I taper or hem, or just let it be?

My SEXI14s from when I took pictures landing in LA, the pictures aren't completely true to colour as they were taken inside with flash also there's some more fading now but here's some pictures until it's sunny enough for me to take better pictures and fit pics.

7060256663_440141cc11_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by chocolatelvis, April 26, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by chocolatelvis, April 26, 2012 - No reason given

yeah, 29 tagged is gonna be too tight bro. i bought a 30" with ine soak and they are almost perfect. if i could, i'd rather get a 31" to be completely happy. 29" and i've never be able to bear kids. lol.

thanks anyways for looking out and pretty sure you'll be able to let your sell pretty quickly.

km

Hey guys, might pick these up after restock but I'm debating on the size I should get. I have flat head 310s sz 30 and honestly, the waist is slightly loose fitting after post soak. same with my ih 666s sz 30. I'm thinking of getting a sz 29 in these. I have chicken legs so thighs, knees, etc isn't a problem for me. I'm just concerned about my waist. I think I am actually a 29, not sz 30 like I originally thought.

Thanks for any help guys. These look amazing.

It's straight out of an iPhone 4 in the shade, no adjustments at all...

Wow, that was not what I was expecting. I'm going to have to be careful with my washing now since I like my jeans to stay dark.

Hey guys, might pick these up after restock but I'm debating on the size I should get. I have flat head 310s sz 30 and honestly, the waist is slightly loose fitting after post soak. same with my ih 666s sz 30. I'm thinking of getting a sz 29 in these. I have chicken legs so thighs, knees, etc isn't a problem for me. I'm just concerned about my waist. I think I am actually a 29, not sz 30 like I originally thought.

I would trust your instincts. I wish I had sized down on my pair.

^ yeah...true that...i'm debating on these or se05bsps...which one would you guys recommend? same price...slubby or not slubby...imperial or flat head. oy...choices -.-

• 3 months later...

This threads been kinda dead lately, but I did just grab a pair of sexi14. They are at self edge getting hemmed but I will post fit pics etc. when I get em back on monday.

Here are the measurements pre and post soak (I did a 15 min cold soak, and then after they dried they were still big, so I did a 15 min hot soak).

Tag size: 34

Waist: pre - 34.5 post - 33.25

Thigh: pre - 12 post - 11

Hem: pre - 7.25 post - 6.9

Inseam: pre - 40 post - 37.25

I didn't measure rise and knee. The rise is pretty low though. Knees are not that tight, probably around 7.5-8 inches. I can take exact measurements when I get them back if someone wants.

Hope this helps someone having sizing trouble. If your somewhat built (i.e. not stick skinny) I would say go a size up. I was gonna get a 33 but the guy at self edge recommended a 34, and though they are a tad loose on the waist, a 33 would not have fit on the thighs.

The denim is awesome. So much character and texture. I love the brail like feel.

Also, I thought they were gonna be insanely hard and rigid when I touched them once they were dry, but when I put them on, they were actually pretty soft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...