Hartford denim company

klue

the placement and shape of the belt loops are interesting

and to me, that is the perfect roping effect at the leg opening

the beltloop were placed that way to accommodate large belt buckles. the hems were sew with a flatbed lockstitch machine. hand-rolled and pulled.

also i have a denim project of my own i'm working on & i need a replacement belt for my singer from the AH Series.. any suggestions for a good source to buy from ?

call my boy thomas, he'll get it out in no time (860)482-6890

• 2 months later...

they are indigo underneath the clay, i will update after his washing

new style 12 oz. indigo cone mills selvage duck. high rise, straight leg, button up front pockets, iphone back pocket, 13 hand peened rivets, 7 hand-peened, leather washers on all rivets and buttons. hand casted copper buttons. double knee, no yolks, triple stitched back seam, hand-felled inseam. single needle tailored. IMG_6437.jpgIMG_6442.jpgIMG_6443.jpgIMG_6444.jpgIMG_6445.jpgIMG_6450.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, those look nice, an excellent fit too. I hear the fabric darkens over time.

Some custom persimmons the talented folks at Hartford did for me:

Fit pics:

1007592.jpg

1007593n.jpg

1007594l.jpg

Natural leather patch and copper/cast silver hardware:

1007598.jpg

1007597.jpg

1007595b.jpg

1007599w.jpg

Selvedge outseam/taped inseam (sorry for bad pic):

1007600.jpg

Up close of denim. Love the variation in color from yarn to yarn:

1007603m.jpg

Really guys? Do I have to be the first person to say everything on this page is fug? Jesus.

Surely you know that tastes and style are completely subjective? While the majority of pairs on these forums are generally repro cuts and traditional indigo jeans, you must realize that this is a denim forum, and Hartford is a denim company.

To each their own, and if you can't appreciate construction and detailing on different jeans perhaps you should reconsider posting anything at all and keeping your comments to yourself..

Really guys? Do I have to be the first person to say everything on this page is fug? Jesus.
Surely you know that tastes and style are completely subjective? While the majority of pairs on these forums are generally repro cuts and traditional indigo jeans, you must realize that this is a denim forum, and Hartford is a denim company.

To each their own, and if you can't appreciate construction and detailing on different jeans perhaps you should reconsider posting anything at all and keeping your comments to yourself..

^^+rep

I don't think I'd wear either of those pairs but..ffs, Hartford is a group of artisans. I can appreciate the craft, the strich. Instead of just saying "fug" why not provide something intesting to the conversation. Such as..."why do they place the pockets on the outside instead of traditional sack pockets? Where/when did the styles diverge? When did they fall out of fashion?" or shit, even something like: "Why did you decide to go with that cut? How do you expect those ducks to age?"

So to each their own as long as he agrees with you then?

Hartford is a group of artisans.

ar·ti·san   [ahr-tuh-zuhn]

noun

a person skilled in an applied art; a craftsperson.

a person or company that makes a high-quality, distinctive product in small quantities, usually by hand and using traditional methods: food artisans.

adjective

pertaining to or noting high-quality, distinctive products made in small quantities: artisan beer.

I appreciate that they're willing to try new things, and step away from tradition, but most of their work I've seen posted here appears amateurish and crude. An artisan can on one hand give you a perfectly sewn pair of standard jeans, and on the other play with whatever boundaries you want to push and still produce a professional garment. Now, you could argue that that crude appearance is part of the style they're going for, but I'd have an equally valid argument that it's a reflection on the current level of talent, training, and experience. They seem to be improving slow but sure, but to call them "artisans" implies a level they are not yet at.

So to each their own as long as he agrees with you then?

Please, what are you trying to accomplish here? Of course he can have his own opinion. What ever happened to constructive criticism? Simply saying the work is shit does nothing.

Please, what are you trying to accomplish here? Of course he can have his own opinion. What ever happened to constructive criticism? Simply saying the work is shit does nothing.

His opinion was that they look like shit. Get over it. Pretty simple man.

Setterman was far more eloquent in summing it up but "Looks like shit" is a lot easier to type.

I bet he would also think ancient unsymetrical Korean or Japanese pottery looks like bad or poor workmanship too! Would you rather have the cookie cutter look?

QUOTE=thedoad;2837014]His opinion was that they look like shit. Get over it. Pretty simple man.

Setterman was far more eloquent in summing it up but "Looks like shit" is a lot easier to type.

I bet he would also think ancient unsymetrical Korean or Japanese pottery looks like bad or poor workmanship too! Would you rather have the cookie cutter look?

QUOTE=thedoad;2837014]His opinion was that they look like shit. Get over it. Pretty simple man.

I dont know the guy so who knows but now you just seem to be comparing apples to oranges for the sake of argument.