The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

It's important to lightly scrub your tub after the soak or it might leave a little bit of blue.

My tub is permanently blue from soaking hundreds of pairs of jeans, but then again, so are both of my thumbs... you get used to it after a while.

It's important to lightly scrub your tub after the soak or it might leave a little bit of blue.

My tub is permanently blue from soaking hundreds of pairs of jeans, but then again, so are both of my thumbs... you get used to it after a while.

Thanks, and your store is amazing, it only took 3 days to get my jeans. Granted I live in LA but they were shipped out the same day(on the weekend) I ordered them which is a miracle for most shops.

this is what the tub water after the first ever soak looked like:

reflections008sd9.th.jpg

and this is my tub water after 6 months and 2 weeks and some detergent:

picture032uf1.th.jpg

in my 4 soaks ive done, ive never had indigo get out into the water, if you press the denim a bit into something though, indigo will bleed out.

i finally got a call from kiya, my fh's are rehemmed. damn ive felt so deprived ever since i havent been wearing them cause i was excited of its fit from my detergent soak, but i dropped them off at se the next day..

to the guy up there somewhere, yeah i really liked how my hem was coming apart too, but with biking and breaking, the hem was rapidly ripping out and eventually i would have had it completely destroyed.

thanks kiya, chain stitching/repair for free is the shit. i will be there probably this weekend to pick them up.

Paper, what do your jeans look like after the soak? and just out of curiosity did your tub stain?

No it didn't, water was a little blue at the end but it didn't leave any of the color on the tub. I'll post some pics of the fit tommorow, looks good so far though. I'm wearing them but they are still a little damp.

when i soaked mine the water was a very very light shade of blue w/ a tint of yellow. you couldnt see the blue unless you got a small cup of the water (which i did cuz i was curious). then after i hung them over my bathtub to dry, i had light blue water dripping all over the place.

btw, after the soak the jeans fit perfectly... only thing is im kinda disappointed at how much they shrunk in length. if they continue to shrink after the next couple soaks, then im worried they will be too short. should i only cold soak from now on?! my initial soak was a warm soak like sidney suggested and it was perfect, but the length is definitely alot shorter.

Y'all ain't as serious as this. Early this morning while I was presenting my secret denim proposal at a morning meeting... my colleague asks me if my jeans are okay. I replied, "what are you talking about?", and low and behold...

fh_rip.jpg

btw, after the soak the jeans fit perfectly... only thing is im kinda disappointed at how much they shrunk in length. if they continue to shrink after the next couple soaks, then im worried they will be too short. should i only cold soak from now on?! my initial soak was a warm soak like sidney suggested and it was perfect, but the length is definitely alot shorter.

It won't get significantly or noticeably shorter after your first soak. The difference will be marginal. My length still measures around 34.5".

Keep those going Sidney! Your 3001s were the reason I got mine, they look AMAZING.

Btw, Selfedge notes that these can shrink up to 3", but my 3001s only shrunk like, 2.5ish in a REALLY hot soak. I don't see them shrinking anymore after the soaking I gave them, but you never know.

Well, I finally popped my FH cherry! Heres some fit pics after a 1 hour warm soak...at first I thought they were a little too loose, maybe I could've sized one down (used to a lot tighter fit) but I'm in love with these jeans so I'm keeping em :cool: Forgive the crappy quality...took these pictures at about 3:00am so lighting is limited...

flatfront.jpg

IMG_6083.jpg

IMG_6089.jpg

hoping the inseam will shrink a bit more as this is only the first soak...

IMG_6065.jpg

lost some indigo...but I used a water bin instead of the whole tub so maybe that explains the amount

IMG_6077.jpg

comparing the color to some old levi's i've been wearing around the apartment

All in all, I LOVE these jeans...can't wait for the SExFH next year!

BTW sidneylo was also the reason I bought these jeans...haha the influence! Also, thanks again to kiya and crew!

It's possible, i don't think it's anything to worry about cause the fit's fine. I'm sure you could soak one more time in hot water if you wanted. Some people soak up to 4 hours to try to get maximum shrinkage. It's up to you.

Honestly I just prefer my jeans tighter... they look good despite my opinion.

Holy shit..these need to be taken to the hospital immediately...:(

Dr. Kyia should stitch them up...

Patched them up already ;)

Well, I finally popped my FH cherry! Heres some fit pics after a 1 hour warm soak...at first I thought they were a little too loose, maybe I could've sized one down (used to a lot tighter fit) but I'm in love with these jeans so I'm keeping em :cool:

If you sized down it'd be painful. Those jawns look nice and will stay slim after stretching out. You'll be able to slouch a bit like me later on.... unless you want that April 77 steez.

I like the fit on those paper, I want my flatheads to be a bit more relaxed then my imperials, and I am still debating if i should go true 30, or get a 31, so they look nice to me. What size did you get?

Aren't you in the Bay Area?

There's no need to wonder, come to the store and try them on...

Ugh, I'm really hoping not to avoid the sad reality that the 3001/310 is simply too slim for my legs. Following are pics from day 4 (sz. 33) ...

LtdDay4.jpg

LtdDay42.jpg

LtdDay43.jpg

The legs are by no means skin tight - I can easliy pinch at least 1/2 inch of denim at my thigh's widest point - but they still look/feel snug enough that they effect a bootcut silouhette. Yet, I've got more hip flair than usual and the waist (pictured) is definitely BIG. Size up to 34 and hot soak? Or stay with these and the thigh might still stretch slightly?

I'm sure the thighs will stretch out more if you continue to wear them but i'm not sure by how much. I had the same problem and the thighs on my pair stretched but i also skate to get around. After some more wear, they should look alright.