The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

yea, that helps alot! a lot of people said the thighs are the tightest area, how drastic did that stretch?

THANKS MR.3001! you pretty much convinced me to get a size 29

(Gap easy fit:size 29, Nudies Average joes:size 28, SC Okis:size 28)

Ya, I didn't mean to say that they wont stretch at all, they just aren't going to expand all over like most dry denim does. And since the main concern for everyone that's not stick thin is the thighs and they are the hardest to stretch, usually you're best off to measure the thighs and go by the tagged size that matches the closest, especially if you don't want a skin tight fit. You'd be better off to have a little bit extra room in the waist that you can fold over inside a belt than have them shrink down so much in the thighs that you can't put them on anymore.

Another thing to take into consideration is that the top of the thigh where the measurements are taken aren't really the problem area for me (I've read that several other people had this same problem, too) but rather how quickly the thigh slims down to the knee. The top of my thighs are perfect, but 4-6 inches down in the middle of the thigh is the snuggest area on the jeans.

I also have a soak/wash question for all those out there that have had their 3001's for a while... I think Kiya said that they would shrink a little through the first 3-6 washes... I purchased mine after they had already had a 4 hour hot soak. Do you think that took care of most/all of the shrinkage or should I play it safe and wear them till they are dry after washing when the time comes? I plan on washing them warm/40 C or so... Thank in advance.

Ive been meaning to learn how to measure my thighs.

...so..how do i measure my thighs? I think that's probably my best bet in how to judge it more correctly since I read that most people agree the thigh areas are the tightest. I am pretty firm in making my decision getting a size 29 because, although I am not as tall as sid(I'm 5'4, hes 5'10), we weigh pretty much the same.

But it's good to take more measurements. I remember seeing somewhere there was a diagram on how to measure the thighs..

Ive been meaning to learn how to measure my thighs.

...so..how do i measure my thighs? I think that's probably my best bet in how to judge it more correctly since I read that most people agree the thigh areas are the tightest. I am pretty firm in making my decision getting a size 29 because, although I am not as tall as sid(I'm 5'4, hes 5'10), we weigh pretty much the same.

But it's good to take more measurements. I remember seeing somewhere there was a diagram on how to measure the thighs..

Kiya told me that self edge measure one inch down from the crotch in the front, straight out to the edge. Blue in Green measures straight out at the crotch, I believe.

Purchased these off of supermarket. They had shrunk too much to be worn by the previous owner, but I managed to squeeze my ass in to them.

3001-day1.jpg

They are my normal size, so they are a bit tight, but I'm sure they will stretch out comfortably after a few weeks.

I will be sagging them a bit more once they aren't squeezing my hips together.

I just wish that the FH stitching wasn't so girly.

These are a 30 and are nearly leaving waist blisters. 30 is basically my normal comfortable size, 29 is generally my stretch to fit size.

So ya, size up one is pretty accurate if you want a comfortable fit. Standard size if you feel like making your waist bleed.

does anyone have any info on the Flathead 3001 LTD? what exactly do they have thats different?

red tabz and back pockets are differently shaped

After eight months of devoted wear in my Skull 5507xx size 31s, I'm ready to make the switch to a pair of these.

Despite several hot soaks, my skulls have stretched to a point beyond my liking -- only the thighs fit admirably.

Per this thread, it would seemingly behoove me to purchase a pair of FH 3001s in a size 31. My chief worry in doing so, however, is that my thunder thighs (former soccer player) would suffocate subsequent to the first soak -- hot or cold.

After eight months of devoted wear in my Skull 5507xx size 31s, I'm ready to make the switch to a pair of these.

Despite several hot soaks, my skulls have stretched to a point beyond my liking -- only the thighs fit admirably.

Per this thread, it would seemingly behoove me to purchase a pair of FH 3001s in a size 31. My chief worry in doing so, however, is that my thunder thighs (former soccer player) would suffocate subsequent to the first soak -- hot or cold.

Get a 32 and hot soak them. Particularly if you want your fit to resemble you 5507's.

I am a former cross country runner, but I've lost a bit of muscle mass in my thighs. The thighs aren't quite as tight as other pairs I've worn, but I think you are going to want to go with the 32 regardless.

WRL, post pictures when the jeans stretch out to a comfortable fit.

I am tryng to see if I shouldve bought my regular size 28. Mine has finally been shipped out and I can't wait for mine. I know for sure I am going to do a hot soak since the inseam is too long, the highest I can go on inseeam is about 32.

no soaks for your, wrl?

WRL, post pictures when the jeans stretch out to a comfortable fit.

I am tryng to see if I shouldve bought my regular size 28. Mine has finally been shipped out and I can't wait for mine. I know for sure I am going to do a hot soak since the inseam is too long, the highest I can go on inseeam is about 32.

no soaks for your, wrl?

I got mine slightly used, and it had recieved a warm soak prior to me recieving it.

Warm or hot soak is pretty much required with unsanforized denim.

The inseam is never too long, these things were meant to be stacked.

Sizing is a strange beast. The place that I wear most of my pants I measured to be about 32". My 30x34 matchsticks fit me pretty much perfectly at the moment and my 29x H&M Sliqs have stretched a bit to fit very tight (could barely get the button done up at first).

These are fitting about how my Sliqs first fit when I got them, but they are a lot more coarse on my skin and are not stretching out nearly as quickly. (Much much much thicker weight denim)

If you can COMFORTABLY wear a pair of 28 levis, then you would probably be able to squeeze in to a 28 Flat Head, but it is probably safer and nicer to your balls and thighs to size up.

^ I never owned a pair of levis in my life, but I can probably fit a size 28. I was able to squeeze and receive some pain when I first purchase the sugar canes okinawas in a size 28. Thanks for the advice because I was going to hot soak it and if it was too long, I would get them hemmed. Yea, hopefully the size 29's that i purchase would be a good fit, I want to look like Mr.3001

I'm contemplating a pair of F310's but sizing has always been a bane for me, especially since I can't try them on here (jeans here suck).

I have Topman, Levi's, and Thin Finns in 30, which stay on without a belt, but can be taken off without unbuttoning.

I have an APC NS size 28 which I could button up the first time (snug).

I kinda suspect I'm between sizes and I have no idea what my real waist size is. Would it be safe to assume I'd fit into a 30? I'm 5'6 and 130lbs, slightly topheavy.

Also, I see you guys soaking in bathtubs, but I don't have one, a soak in a bucket would be fine, right? I'm a little nooby when it comes to FH. Thanks in advance!