ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Man, I just looked through this entire thread and I must say I am totally jealous of all of you in here. Them are the best looking pair of dungarees i've ever seen. Great work on the wear and tear of your denim to all involved. Sansome yours are looking nuts. Hopefully Roys plans for his next pairs are inspired by this pair.

Great posts all. Still can't rep anyone:(

I gave 'em a a soak at three months and took some shots. I'll post some of them later but in the meanwhile here's one that hopefully shows the degree of evolution of this fabric. It's a swatch of the original dry denim as against the same material after three months wear and two soaks. The difference is pretty wild IMO.

img3018k.jpg

THey do age in a very beautiful way.

It's very Cone... but some Cone fades directly to white, these fade to both a turquoise blue and white. Obviously I'm a few weeks behind everyone else, but my impression is that they are fading significantly faster than my 55, my quickest-crocking Cone to date. THey also have a noticeably more irregular weave than the 55

ROYxCone.jpg

i've never really realised how much they evolved from the unwashed state that they arrived in. these are something else altogether. never had much experience (minimal at best) with cone denim but they leave a very good impression on me. even though they are such slow faders, the denim has got a lot of character to it. its nice how they turn a nice bright blue as they wear out but i really like how it retains its indigo really well. the cut is something else altogether and i still love the pockets and pocketbags. even 3 months into wearing them, my hands are still permanently in my pockets. it is safe to say that this is the only pair of jeans i've had where i really use the pockets (side and back). my only gripe i have with them is the dick pouch that forms when i stand with my feet together.

Yeah....I love the weave.....the "flaming " effect is great. It's distinctive but also somehow quite subtle.

It's great denim IMO. Very different than anything I have encountered from Japan.

It's cool to see folks excited about Cone denim, again. I think everyone (consumers, wholesalers, producers, etc. etc.) is kind of just starting to embrace different denim types for what they are. American denim is known for certain characteristics (slow to fade, subtle irregularities, lighter weights, and so on) and Japanese denim is known for certain characteristics (heavy weights, slubby fabric, high contrast fading blah blah). One isn't "better" than the other. They each have unique character of their own.

Although we know that these don't necessarily hold true for ALL denim from these countries, I think it's good to see people understanding that it's mostly about preference, NOT a difference in "quality". There's lots of great jeans on the market, today.

I forgot to post this the other day. It's a truly horrible pic but I was driving.

Adam West-era Batmobile in the rearview. Nobody was paying to attenion to the road. Wish I got a better pic. It was weird seeing this in the rearview but better than seeing the cops.

IMAG0240.jpg

@ThisSunday

Nothing wrong with that, it's a great pic. Would have to do a double take if I saw one of those in the rear view mirror where I live !

@fre$co.

Love Paris too, and the latin quarter is a cheap/lively area to eat+drink in; went to a great little restaurant in the old red light district last time i was there (the name escapes me now - too much vino).

I thought you might know it Doc.

It's been such glorious weather for several days here. I've been planting vegetables and gardening but today we walked in the woods out the back of our garden with my family.

5650411163_c67bb5aea2_z.jpg

It's bluebell season here and people come from far and wide to see these. The number of cars parked in our village pretty much triples on a nice weekend in April.

That jacket looks excellent, entertainment! I've been admiring it since SE started selling it, but I have more than enough outerwear as is. Looks great on you.

Today, my Roys and I took a break from house work to go look at a house! I was very impressed by the work that the owners had done to the house over the past decade. I think I'll start renting it in June, and then buy it when my house sells, which will hopefully be quickly! ;) Here are a couple of snapshots...

6JSBy.jpg

cgzn8.jpg

Thanks, although not as impressive as yours.

In fact, I was a little disappointed with myself for not sticking with my plan to do an 'airfrog', but now after a wash I love that flaming/crocking that has been discussed here recently.

I also got this in the post last week (thanks for the heads-up from Almostnice) and intend to wear it in the cooler months with my roys and M-422 -

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

@ Dr. House - your's looking great too (cant rep anyone ATM) :(

Ranon- I didn't shot anything for the issue that just came out. Shot 2 features for the next one, flathead and our own Mike Harris.

Doctors are in tha house.

Dr heech and mr nice, where is the hat from? I like!!!