Why are you obsessed with jeans?

klue

Hmm, the reason i'm so into my denim is because.....

I wear the same pair of jeans everyday, it makes picking out my outfit so much easier. I wake up, grab a random ass tshirt and then put on my 710's. I put no thought into my outfit which makes my morning a lot easier.

The whole reason why I got into raw denim was the appeal of wearing the same pair of pants everyday and watching them age.

Edit - Everything looks good when paired along with a pair of denim!

back when i was in high school, i wasn't exactly the best dressed guy on campus. my day to day self enforced uniform consisted of a white T, and some black slacks. needless to say, "fit" was beyond me.

when college came around, i decided i needed to make some changes, and attire was on top of that list. everyone and their grandma wore jeans, so i decided that was where i'd start. no joke, i bought my first pair of jeans when i was 18 years old. they were some crummy anchor blue jeans that got boring real quick. so i started looking at more jeans.

at some point, i found out about raw denim from the wikipedia article. that little clause about "not washing for 6 months" kinda put me off the stuff. i don't know why, but i kept on reading, did some more research and found SuFu and the world of superdenim. the tipping point was when i was browsing through the Samurai Contest thread and came across this pic.

20061031_03.jpg

they're standing on their own! at that point, i found jeans to be the most interesting garments ever. needless to say, i jumped right into the denim world after that. a few years later, i'm sitting around in my Iron Hearts posting on superdenim.

I've always love simple, high quality, understated clothing, but carries some sort of sentimental of long term aesthetic value. I like pieces, and and very much so a minimalist with how i dress. Ever since I was a teen, i was in search for the PERFECT pair of denim. I just loved how it looked, how it fit, and also really dark denim. It wasn't until a few years ago i discovered raw denim, and it became a new clothing obsession. My jeans become me. I wear them night and day, there are stories to tell behind them, it's also a fun hobby to have such a small nitch interest that we would be all willing to spend 200+ in denim, just because we find the value in it. Denim is like time capsule in a way, and the end result is a piece of art. It's fun, aesthetically pleasing, goes with everything etc.

Hazard a guess at the vast majority of posters in this forum - they're male. Men love to obsess over cars, trains, football, military history, etc, etc... Denim is simply another subject for men to grasp, another outlet for their inner nerdom. If it wasn't denim, most here would find something else to fill that void.

Hazard a guess at the vast majority of posters in this forum - they're male. Men love to obsess over cars, trains, football, military history, etc, etc... Denim is simply another subject for men to grasp, another outlet for their inner nerdom. If it wasn't denim, most here would find something else to fill that void.

We are all so sad.

(but ultimately happy/content .... momentarily)

cuz jeans give me wings. jeans aren't everything in life, but unlike many other garments, jeans look even better when they dirty or broken in. you don't really have to be bothered to wash them regularly unlike a tee shirt or a pair of trousers. i could look dressy or casual in jeans. enough said.

Good denim starts its life having much more "character" than any other fabric IMHO, especially denim with a bit of slub. It is a natural fabric, not synthetic, and a lot of good denim is dyed with natural indigo. I find that appealing as well. When good denim is turned into a well constructed pair of jeans, with a good "cut", they fit like nothing else. And then they start to change, day by day, until they become a unique and often beautiful work of art that is totally individualized to the person wearing them. Add to that all the reasons everyone else has listed and it becomes pretty clear why we all think of jeans as being worthy of a bit of obsession.