Why are you obsessed with jeans?

klue

They are just pants. What do the jeans do to get all this attention and why do we let our disagreements lead to nasty name calling and harsh words? It seems everyone has a different thing they need the jeans for. Different features they look for. So why is it we are all attracted to the subject of jeans yet there are no definitive elements we call all agree on. What is it that unites us in our obsession?

our jeans reflects us

*doppelganger

Tell us about your jeans and how the specific characterisics of your jeans reflects the specifics of your character

I am obsessed with jeans, because they are the only article of clothing that I can wear everyday. Even before my overpriced denim days I obsessed over levis STFs.

Also, after understanding construction of garments, there are a lot more aspects of jeans to be obsessed with.

i am obsessed with jeans because they are the perfect garment. When a raw pair of jeans fades it fades because of the wearer. The fades express what the wearer does in his jeans. Jeans are an expression of ones self over time. they become more and more like the wearer everytime the pair of jeans is worn.

I like jeans because it's a garment with a history behind it. Understanding how it's built and all it's brilliance. Aside from that, you have to admit it's fascinating how many interpretations there are of jeans.. The way SuFu'ers handle for theirs as opposed to regular people that buy, wear and wash.. In the end it's essentially the same product, regardless of what packaging/brand it comes in. That's something beautiful.

They are just pants. What do the jeans do to get all this attention and why do we let our disagreements lead to nasty name calling and harsh words? It seems everyone has a different thing they need the jeans for. Different features they look for. So why is it we are all attracted to the subject of jeans yet there are no definitive elements we call all agree on. What is it that unites us in our obsession?

After checking your site, I can assure you that's not the reason why we're obsessed with jeans.

I think there is nothing that looks more ....Epic

than a really well worn in pair of jeans. No other

kind of pants can compare to that pure liquid steeze.

A great pair of jeans transcends fashion genres and

can look good for trad types, rockers/punks, country guys,

hbs,or whatever else there is....... (3)

After checking your site, I can assure you that's not the reason why we're obsessed with jeans.

Please elaborate?

I think there is nothing that looks more ....Epic

than a really well worn in pair of jeans. No other

kind of pants can compare to that pure liquid steeze.

A great pair of jeans transcends fashion genres and

can look good for trad types, rockers/punks, country guys,

hbs,or whatever else there is....... (3)

Haha. 12345

Jeans are the most democratic garment.

I like this reason.

I love the fact that they start off as a blank slate and the little things I do everyday makes it such a personalized pair of jeans. Jeans are so timeless, versatile, and there's a style/color for everyone.

So yeah...just basically what everyone else said :P

In my opinion jeans are the piece of garment that I can wear everyday and never get tired of. A pair of jeans tells a story as I wear them everywhere everyday, to work, coffee, icehockey, fishing, travelling, yes whatever I do I got my jeans on. The jeans gets personalized through the days, months and maybee years of wear.

Recently I fell of my bike cause it was cold and ICY outside, I wore a new pair of jeans and felt terrible when I saw they where scratched on the left side. Then as I got home later in the afternoon I kinda thought, well this is telling em astory now everytime I put these jeans on...

My interest in certain clothing (not just jeans) is just another expression of my nerdy, otaku nature. I love the construction, the details, the different cuts, the varying weights of denim etc...Apart from jeans I also wear alot of Wtaps technical gear, just because I really appreciate the details, and the effort put into the construction.

Personally, I am never more comfortable than when I am wearing an outfit that fits well, is comfortable, but would also serve me well if I had to go on the run from a zombie apocalypse for a number of months. E.G.

Abingtons

Samurai 710xx

Wtaps Resolve Sweater

Wtaps Aladdin Thinsulate Insulator

Wtaps Parasmock

Beanie

Supreme Pack

And I'm all set for a days winter shopping, or the end of the world.

We like jeans, just like any other piece of clothing, because we're materialistically driven people. We like how we look in them, we like how other people think we look in them, we like how expensive they are and how great the quality is.

Jeans just get a little more love than other garments because they have the ability to fade and form to your body.

There is something to be said for the gratifying aspect of the garment. But if you wake up in the morning and feel good knowing how you look once you've pulled on that one perfect pair, then the world's a better place as far as I'm concerned. I love stepping out the door in my Flat Heads, makes me feel like a king. What's life without its little pleasures?

We are all eventual victims of impermanence...The personalized/permanent imprint we form on our jeans helps us come to terms with this...Something beautiful about wabi sabi, as played out as it may seem...

That, and we all like to feel and look good....I suspect many of us are the "instant gratification" types as well when it comes to retail therapy ;)

The modern society is filled with unreality. New means of communication, social network, buy and throw away consumerism.

Electronic money, online games, big brother TV shows.

Are we wandering back to our roots?

We want some real stuff? Organic stuff.

There is no wonder that leather and denim gets interesting because of its similar aging features.

^ Where's your SOG knife for some post-apocolyptic zombie chopping?

Ha, I kind of model my style around Vigo Mortensen in "The Road", I call it Survivalist Chic.

Ha, I kind of model my style around Vigo Mortensen in "The Road", I call it Survivalist Chic.

No sarcasm man, I was asking for real :)

Being a small time knife collector myself, I reckon no survivalist wardrobe is complete without a decent blade (pending local knife laws).

Just like leather, I love the aged look of jeans. I just recently got into buying quality clothing, such as raw denim (used to buy washed denim) and good leather boots ( just purchased some red wings, love them to death)

I think it is worth the money, to see something age is really cool.

i'm not nuts about jeans just denim get it right! it just so happens that jeans are made out of denim. i love wabi sabi and wasabi peas

Denim is the key. Jeans are a great classic pattern for western pants and traditionally come in denim. A reasonable way to cover half your body In denim. Denim holds the beauty of the fade and has such durability which sustains a longer period of fade. Copper and leather are also important . Jeans are beautiful because of the beauty of the materials which compose them, the human form, the usage, and fourth demention being represented at any static moment.