Jeans brand research

Anders Helseth

Thanks to everyone who participated! Because of anonymity issues I can't name anyone; however, you all know who you are!

Now I just need to complete the analysis part, and draw my conclusions, give recommendations, etc. Seems simple now that I put it that way, though that is not the case.

Regards

Andy

I have been approached by some kind people via PM already. However, I still need the better part of the required participants (20).

Please, contact me via PM or post here. If you have any questions about the interviews, please ask. The whole process of the interview will be pretty simple: a conversation with jeans brands as the topic. I, for one, am able to talk about jeans for hours upon hours, and for people with likewise interest in denim a 1 hour chat about jeans doesn't seem too much hassle. Or at least I hope it won't.

On the other hand, I am required to do a dissertation as a part of my programme, and I have a strict PhD supervisor to report to. If I fail to deliver, I won't get my Master of Arts degree; or a refund of my money, time or effort for that matter, he he.

Andy

we wouldn't want you to fail ....

Thanks for this. I don't want to create any pressure, though as I've stated it is important for achieving my MA, and then.... getting a serious job, buy more jeans, and so on...

PM sent...good luck :)

Thanks mate! Will get back to you in a moment!

chat to you sunday andy :)

Thanks again, Bill! Looking forward to our conversation.

This sounds like the perfect thread for PaulT and Cheep...

Please, send them my way. I really appreciate it.

Cheers!

Just a suggestion, but would something like a survey work? From the sound of it you need pretty in depth responses, but given the amount some people post on this forum I bet you could get that through a short survey with some follow up. I only suggest this because it sounds like you might still be short on participants and this would remove most scheduling conflicts from the equation. Good luck mate.

hahaha

goodluck man ;)

Thanks for this!

Just a suggestion, but would something like a survey work? From the sound of it you need pretty in depth responses, but given the amount some people post on this forum I bet you could get that through a short survey with some follow up. I only suggest this because it sounds like you might still be short on participants and this would remove most scheduling conflicts from the equation. Good luck mate.

When I wrote my dissertation proposal, which I needed to in the start, I chose the in-depth methodology. I'm now stuck with this method, though I do prefer it over quantitative methods. Surveys mean SPSS, which is a program that I don't feel comfortable with; and the positivist approach of a fully measurable reality is a bit appalling to me (even if it's easy to conclude based on your results, are your results even reflecting reality?).

Given this, I believe I'm going to stick to in-depth interviews. Already got one complete, and more scheduled for tomorrow.

I'm only half way on participants, so please keep the PMs coming my way! Thanks!

Cheers!

so - what happened ? need to send me your skype if you want to do this tonight...

Installed Skype now . Sent you PM!

UPDATE: I still need a handful of participants, so please do contact me if you feel you might fit the "heavy users of jeans" profile.

Currently I've got 4 interviews done, and they were all unique in their own way. More waiting to be arranged over this week, and I can still fit in a few more.

Cheers!

Andy

Big thanks to the participants who have helped me so far.

I still need 4 respondents, so please PM me if you feel you fit within the heavy-user profile, and have a decent understanding and knowledge about jeans brands in general, namely the original brands (levi's and lee) and Japanese repro brands.

This is a current perspective, no requirement to be a jeans historian, or an expert on production.

Please look to the first post for more information, and PM me if you want to participate. I have time today, and during the weekend.

Cheers!

Andy

If you want a opinion from someone who doesn't fairly understands the history and detail, but still is an enthusiast, send me a PM on the detail :)

Good luck either way

PM'd you. Thanks for showing interest!

Cheers!

Andy

Andy

PM sent.

Regards

Viv

Thanks for this.

The first post has been updated with thanks to those who participated. I am now happy to inform that I have all the information required for my analysis.

Cheers!

Andy