Question on washing and breaking in?

DJ_Flame

• 1 month later...

i just put my jeans in a cold soak, inside out. their CM's, i have a gum stain on my back right pocket. should i scrub it with my hands or use something? also, how long should i let it soak before washing, im going to use a handsoap from ecuador. and should i hang them up to dry in sun or shade?

i know alot of question, but bear with me, first wash im doing.

chance for an elitist

• 2 weeks later...

i used to only use dr.bronners, but after seeing how gordon's sams turned out with commercial detergent, and the current brokeness im experiencing, i dont even care anymore... one time i even used some shit called fabuloso( cheap commercial household cleanser they sell at the dollar store) that most denimheads would be scared shit to use. they turned out fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

My pair of 5010xx skull jeans has been machined wash twice( yea i know its scewed) But is there anyway to get e effects from a raw jean that has been washed properly. I own this pair since the start of 2008 and it has been washed around mid year. It has not been washed before and after the 2 machine washes. So, should i wash it now? If so what is e correct procedure of washing. Or there is already no way to salvage my pair of jean. In need of replies, thanks.

I posted it at the skull jeans thread as well but does not seems to get e answers i wanted.

My pair of 5010xx skull jeans has been machined wash twice( yea i know its scewed) But is there anyway to get e effects from a raw jean that has been washed properly. I own this pair since the start of 2008 and it has been washed around mid year. It has not been washed before and after the 2 machine washes. So, should i wash it now? If so what is e correct procedure of washing. Or there is already no way to salvage my pair of jean. In need of replies, thanks.

I posted it at the skull jeans thread as well but does not seems to get e answers i wanted.

Er, what is the problem? Did you wash when they were dirty? Or did you wash too early. Either way, dont' stress about how you washed them, machine wash, even with commercial detergent is fine. Just get as much wear into them as you can between washes.

seconded. you bought skulls, meaning quality rope-dyed okayama-indigo denim. so you basically have a 2-wash instead of a one-wash. they should not look washed out like STFs already. dont stress. just wear the fuck out of them now. your jeans are FINE! ps: listen to paul T!!!!

• 1 month later...
i'm doing the initial soak or my skulls right now. they were in the bathtub for an hour. when i take them out, should i rinse them or just hang dry right after taking them out?

it doesn't matter. a rinse may take out additional starch or whatever, but youre fine either way. just wear the shit out of them when they dry.

I hang dry them over night, so i can't wear them while they are drying. Is that important?

you could wear them while they are drying, but why would you?? wet jeans feel sorta bad :(