Real Japan Blue 105BPS World Tour

setterman

The jeans have left the US and are now en route to me in Canada. I should probably have them for Monday or Tuesday. I noticed that we are now ahead a month. Do we want to keep it ahead a month or do you guys want me to keep them through January to get us back on with the regular schedule?

Setterman would be the man to ask, but my 2 cents is if you like them and they fit you well + you're updating, go wild with them through January. Not sure anyone minds.

exactly what I was thinking. If they fit (fingers crossed) and you want to run with it for more than a month, have at it!

Just got home with the jeans. Went and saw Black Swan after picking them up. Giving them a soak. I tried them on and they actually fit. They are wider in the legs than I though but perfect in the waist hip area. These should get some serious wear in the next couple weeks. I'll post fit pics tomorrow when they are dry.

This weekend is the Toronto Motorcycle Show and I will be working it all day from Friday. I'll try and get some daily pics up but they are 14 hour days so it depends on how tired I am when I get home. I will have my camera on hand the entire time though.

I am there representing Royal Enfield Motorcycles and Stella scooters. My store Motoretta is the exclusive dealer in the Toronto area for both and we distribute the Stella scooters for Canada. Should be a fun time!

Initial Fit Pics. Bloody cold out. Just about to leave for work. Rode my Vespa into work to park it in our storage area. Probably should have waited until it got a little warmer. I still can't feel my thighs, thumbs and toes. Fits pretty comfortable. Really hairy denim. I love it!

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

Fred Perry Curling Sweater, Penfield flannel, RJB 105BPS, Corter Belt, Hillside Bandana, Alden Indy's

Day 1 of the Toronto Motorcycle Show. I am a scooter and motorcycle dealer here in Toronto and I was here representing the Royal Enfield bikes and the Stella scooters. The Stella's are new to Canada although they have been out in the States for a while. I am exhausted from the show. 12 straight hours of standing and my knees aint what they used to be. Got to see and sit on some sweet bikes though.

IMG_1120.JPG

Our Booth

IMG_1115.JPG

Royal Enfield Cafe Racer

IMG_1116.JPG

Stella!

IMG_1117.JPG

Classic Enfield with a Sidecar

IMG_1118.JPG

Some swag

IMG_1121.JPG

A sweet vintage Norton

IMG_1122.JPG

The New Norton

IMG_1128.JPG

Ew

IMG_1123.JPG

Wesco boots... very nice quality. Super tough. Might give them a try tomorrow.

IMG_1124.JPG

Holy shit that Norton is insane.

Any idea when those are for sale in America?

^ is that the g12?

and nice updates that car is nice

It is the G10, tried tested and true. I am no photographer though... That isn't even considered a car in Canada. It has three wheels and is considered a motorbike even though they ride like snowmobiles with wheels. It's an old man thing for people with too much money and not enough sense.

Holy shit that Norton is insane.

Any idea when those are for sale in America?

The only place, according to their website, is in Lomita near LA calle Soth Bay Norton. The Norton guys let me sit on it today. I'll post more pics of it tomorrow when I have the time. It's a pretty good riding position. Can't afford the $25000 price tag though.

Pictures from Day 2 and Day 3 of the Motorcycle Show. I am soooo tired. Three days of 14 hours on my feet and back to work at the shop tomorrow. Luckily, I have booked off a couple extra days this week.

More pics of the new Norton for Kiya.

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1150.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

One of the few they actually allowed to site on the bike. Pretty comfortable riding position.

IMG_1164.JPG

On the Iron 883. I could see myself trading in the Vespa for one of these in all matte black.

IMG_1160.JPG

A KTM in all carbon fibre.

IMG_1154.JPG

And for the guys out there. My friend Tashina (aka Dolly Berlin) as our booth girl posing and handing out pamphlets.

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1144.JPG

Sorry I haven't uploaded any new images in a couple days. All those hands I had to shake at the bike show I think I picked up another cold. Back into the thick of things tomorrow. Might do a day in the life of me at work and then pop down to the new Nomad store for it's grand opening tomorrow after work.

Not quite a day in the life because I think I would feel like a retard carrying my camera around with me around my neck all day but here is some stuff from my day.

Awkward pose. Rocking my new Barbour Beaufort jacket I got for half price.

IMG_1168.JPG

The jeans are nice but I generally go for a much slimmer leg. They have also stretched a fair bit in the waist since I hot soaked them. If I were to buy this I would go for the slim version and size down one to a 36 now that I see the amount of stretch the denim has. I'll do some measurements tomorrow. They fit great after the soak though. I also like the fact that I am noticing a lot of blue on my finger tips at the end of the day. Not enough to get a decent photo of but it makes my hands look like I have poor circulation.

IMG_1169.JPG

The streetcar I take to work was down today so I bummed a ride from my dad who lives nearby... he is retired and has nothing better to do. Got me to work on time though. The view is eastbound on the Gardiner heading into the core from my neighborhood "The Beach" which is more of a residential area to the east of downtown... I can see Lake Ontario from my bedroom window. I always live within minutes of the water for some reason. Being landlocked feels so claustrophobic to me... if this were a summer leg of the tour we would get some kayaking and windsurfing wear.

IMG_1171.JPG

Kicking back at work... I can't wait until we get to redesigned and refixture my store in January. It looked great 8 years ago but being a scooter and motorcycle shop it gets a lot of wear. We've had clothing for years as well and we are going to be paring down the bike component of the store and really making a push on the clothing side. Hence the refixture as the original stuff was an afterthought. I am pretty excited for the plans we have.

IMG_1176.JPG

I hate the back of the shop... such a lack of flexibility. I can't wait until most of the ugly bikes are gone and we can display a couple bikes in with some vintage furniture and clothing.

IMG_1177.JPG

The riser down one of the walls in my store. It looked good when we only sold vintage Vespa's but the modern ones are much larger and it just doesn't look right anymore. We are getting rid of the riser so we can have bikes and clothing and displays more intermingled.

IMG_1178.JPG

Looking back from the front of the store... no Feng Shui. I adopted this design and came in a few years ago... this is not of my making.

IMG_1179.JPG

Conor... not working hard at all...

IMG_1180.JPG

The stage in our window... this I like. It works... The blue bike is a 1965 Vespa SS90 all original. It is one of the most rare Vespa's ever made and is worth a cool 20k... oh and it is for sale in case anyone is interested.

IMG_1181.JPG

Some of the original designs done for the store display.

IMG_1182.JPG

The store front. Some of the lights in the window and in the sign aren't working but we are too lazy to change them before the big redesign.

Now I am sitting on my ass writing this and drinking a big ass can of Sapporo. Night!

Oh and sorry for the crappy grammar and spelling. I am super tired... sold four bikes today though...

• 2 weeks later...