Real Japan Blue 105BPS World Tour

setterman

Before leaving the tower I got a picture of Erie's Russian Orthodox church (always a lovely sight coming down the Bay Front and seeing the sun reflecting off it's domes).

DSC00186.jpg

And before leaving the pier, the Victorian Princess. An excuse to eat and get drunk out on the Bay and the Lake.

DSC00183.jpg

Off to the ball park to see the Seawolves lose yet another game. They didn't win one homegame the entire month of June, and out of the six or seven games I've been to this season, I haven't seen them win once. It was Monday Night Buck Night ($1 hotdogs, popcorn, pop, beer) and that certainly brings the fans in!

DSC00206.jpg

Erie's ball park is named after Jerry Uht, whoever he is!

DSC00216.jpg

View from our seats. A friend of mine is friend's with several of the players, so we always get free tickets and the best seats in the house.

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00219.jpg

Taco salad, the only really edible item at the park.

DSC00220.jpg

View of the park from the caged in smoker's section.

DSC00211.jpg

While out there, I lucked into a shot of a hit getting past the 3rd baseman.

DSC00215-1.jpg

And back at our seats, I only managed to catch the ball in between the pitcher and batter once, but it turned out okay.

DSC00218.jpg

Final score was Erie 1, Reading 6. After the game a group of us headed to the Sloppy Duck, a bar along the bay front. There's no photo graphic evidence of the events there, but my head is still pretty cloudy, and I'm ready to go home and get some sleep. Plans to head to an outdoor concert tonight are canceled!

Sorry I haven't posted any news til now you guys. I wanted to have these in hand before posting anything. Setterman offered to bump me up because he really isn't feeling the rise on these. I can understand why. It is quite low, and if you are accustomed to vintage rises you will agree. It actually does sit more like a low rise than a mid. In any case, I accepted because whether it's this summer or the next, I'd be looking at a hot month either way. This will give me a chance to wash my LVC contest jeans and give them a rest in this heat.

Initial impressions-- The indigo is a nice, deep, inky blue. I don't have too extensive a pool of knowledge yet, but the closest I've had to this tone is Evisu No. 1 D67, except with less apparent weft popping through vertically. The weft irregularities are pretty even-keeled on these RJBs. Nice patina of hair on these, soft and tufty. If you're into switchblades or derringers, you'll be able to fit either quite nicely into the coin pocket, because it is DEEP. The extra denim on the pockets is nice! It doesn't run as far down as I imagined, but it will be nice to not have pocket fabric bunching up over the lip for a month.

I'll get some pics tomorrow. My place is turn-of-the-century and is lit like Dracula's crib, so no pics would do justice tonight. Got some good stuff planned this month. Not really a pic taking guy but I'll break out of the mold as much as I can.

morse, I hate to deprive you of my lovely beastman-funk, but I will almost certainly have to handwash these before I pass them on. I have enough work lined up that these will probably get pretty nasty.

Thanks for picking up the month of August Jyoni. After a couple years wearing LVC, Full Count, Warehouse and Sugar Cane, I just couldn't get into the lower rise of the RJB's, and I felt I would have done the tour a serious disservice by hanging onto them for another month. Bummed, because if they had about 1 1/2 to 2" more rise (front and back) they'd probably been my best fitting/looking pair of jeans, and I wouldn't have had a problem wearing them every day.

No problem, setterman. I like 'em. Another inch on the rise would be perfect for me, but I am a fan of these mid-rise, fitted-seat plays on otherwise traditional jeans.

This may just be my small canon of knowledge speaking again, but this particular cut is very reminiscent of Straight Sven, in all the good ways.

I only had enough light for some half-assed fit pics today. I really like these! Depending on the stretch, I might say a 40 would be better for me. But hell, just a bit of stretch through the waist and seat and these will be quite comfortable.

4858341345_5e2a502846_z.jpg

4858341475_5a14c6301d_z.jpg

Thanks you two! Well, my computer has been infected with a virus. We're deciding whether to have it fixed, or just run a restore. I will apologize now for untimely updates...but the month is still young, and I have been snapping some pictures. Updates to come!

Always do a complete restore. If you just do the typical virus killers your computer will never be the same and you can never be truly sure if you got it all. A complete restore will get rid of it all and you can be sure it won't come back. Just take and inventory of everything you have on your computers and how you set it up. For photos just put them on a disc and make sure you run a virus scan before copying them back on to your computer later on.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys...my camera got stolen while I was working out of town. Half my tour is wiped out. I'm really sorry. There is still time to archive some action, but I fear my biggest contribution may end up simply being my share of wear.

The irony is that I use Duluth Pack for my luggage......and it got nabbed while in Duluth.

Guys...my camera got stolen while I was working out of town. Half my tour is wiped out. I'm really sorry. There is still time to archive some action, but I fear my biggest contribution may end up simply being my share of wear.

The irony is that I use Duluth Pack for my luggage......and it got nabbed while in Duluth.

No worries. These tour jeans have a lot of life in them yet.

No worries. These tour jeans have a lot of life in them yet.

Worst part is, Duluth is a really beautiful city. Not much in the way of dope shit, but it's really placid and gorgeous. The music scene there is quite a gem...Low, Cloud Cult, Boomchucks, Retribution Gospel Choir, Heiruspecs...many others, all in that little city. There were some good pictures from my visit.

morse9443, I got your pm. I'll ship em out after the weekend!

Worst part is, Duluth is a really beautiful city. Not much in the way of dope shit, but it's really placid and gorgeous. The music scene there is quite a gem...Low, Cloud Cult, Boomchucks, Retribution Gospel Choir, Heiruspecs...many others, all in that little city. There were some good pictures from my visit.

morse9443, I got your pm. I'll ship em out after the weekend!

oooo...it's pretty low but not completely bitchass low. I did shed ten pounds while out-of-town, which did wonders for the fit, particularly through the lap and groin. I would say the rise will be just fine if you start out sized right for the jeans, as opposed to myself before losing a bit of weight.

You'll have to judge for yourself! I don't think we were misled. It's just a bit lower than the 12-12.5 range. Plus I've been wearing LVC 1944s all year, so my perspective at this point is probably alot like setterman's.

Got something in the mail today..good man jyoni! Initial impressions are the denim is great and the rise isn't bad at all. Pretty cool fit overall although a tad big for me in the waist.

Fit and detail pics and more when I get back to my computer tomorrow. Riding the fung wah to NY right now.:)