No disrespect, but i dont think i like the over clarified light area surrounding the figure here. it tells me the photo was post-processed a little too much. what does the original look like? it is a good photo.. that light outline is rather distracting in my opinion though.

that would be a purposefully blown highlight on my face. no edits to exposure, sharpness or composition - just a small saturation bump and some contrast. pm me your email and i'll send an uneditted if you like.

here' another:

napps2.jpg

on my monitor there is some haloing around your body, which i believe is what he is referring to

ah, i just looked on my cpu instead of my iphone and you're right, damn. i'm going to have to look at that file again because usually haloing happens with fill light or brightness increases and i didn't make any...thanks for pointing out.

stearns.jpg

yeah the haloing was what i was talking about. when i edit in paint shop pro occasionally, the "clarify" function can do that. so i try to stay away from that. anyways, nice shot. :)

if you don't mind spending $10 which I'll admit is sort of a waste of money - the Something Awful Creative Convention forum has a photography contest every two weeks and a Photo A Day Thread which attract the absolute best and some mediocre photography. Really wide variety of talent and lots of people willing to spend 5-10minutes typing up a response just so you can get better.

You can view the forum for free but $10 to post - here's the link to the February PAD which has quite a collection as the month is almost over...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3068915&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

On POTN, it seems like people are generally nicer and encouraging to people that are obviously a little newer to photography, while more critical with people who show experience....

With pics that are from amateur photogs comments are usually:

"Nice shots, keep at it"

While with higher quality work they tend to nit pick at all the details

3316071112_7e99e8a0f7.jpg

frog

3315243453_b3409e1b82.jpg

idk what that big reflection/flare was from.. its pretty annoying though.

more frog

3316070732_ef8ce09233.jpg

3315243151_a01a3c3bc7.jpg

3315243241_e30cbb24ec.jpg

3316071360_bde4951a67.jpg

Im trying hard not to be angry at the sepia-esque tone my scanner gives black and white prints when i scan them.... obviously i could take it out, but i was trying not to edit too much since these are from negative film.