ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

haha. lemme fire up the camera.

ask and you shall receive. (nothing impressive however. ive been wearing them hard, but i didn't soak out as much dye as others so they're not showing much yet.)

#55 1 month Pics

Tried to take some outside pics but sun was setting at that time after school so took the rest inside. There is a lot more contrast on the outside pics then shown. Loving the hairy denim and back pockets are fading nicely with the back pocket lining.

outsideeternal1monthfro.jpg

eternal1monthfront.jpg

eternal1monthback.jpg

bad fit pic

24056524.jpg

i soaked mine for the 3rd time monday night and got them hemmed to a better length yesterday at BiG. They are seriously the best. I didn't catch their names but the woman showed me the latest Warehouse shirts then I left for about 15 minutes when I got the call that they were already finished! Super happy with the result and glad it was so easy. Here is a fit pic from today.

picsay-1289428634.jpg

So, here is my 1-month update on the Eternals. Yesterday was the 1-month mark, took the photos today. They are pretty dirty from playing with the dogs last night.

As you can see, they are quite dusty

DSC_1794.jpg

Contrast is mainly from the dust

DSC_1797.jpg

DSC_1786.jpg

Some blue popping out. Threads busting around the hidden rivets.

DSC_1790.jpg

Some more thread showing its wear

DSC_1791.jpg

Loving that top block. Could do without the dog slobber on the left thigh though. :-D

DSC_1792.jpg

Did a cold wash just after taking these pics. Hoping I don't lose too much indigo as these are fading pretty fast as it is.

Side note: I had noticed I couldn't see the pocket bag logo lately. It was like it totally disappeard. However, when I pulled it out of the wash tonight, I could make it out again. Hoping that means that as they fade, it will become more and more noticeable.

some of you guys must be rolling around in the hay or rubbing up on things or something. lol

On the real, these jeans age when you look at them.

I actually switched to my Hawaiis for a couple of days cuz I didn't wear them to fade so fast.

^Seriously, what happened to the Eternal denim that was so hard to fade? Anyone know if the formula was recently changed or has sufu just gotten collectively badass/hardwearing the past few years? Or maybe even the previous assumptions of the denim were false?

Were all products of a culture that wants instant gratification, so maybe the denim companies are giving people what they want?!!!

fast results!!!

Having said that, I still think this denim is incredible.

If you want some dark A$$ denim, there's always strike gold, and thanks to Kiya, that just might be my next pair ;)

Crosspost from Eternal thread. I guess we have this to aspire to:

Here goes my Eternal 811 who served me good for two years and seven months!!!:)

It was practically my only Jeans throughout all this time, except for the days when i washed it.

I had various repairs made by random tailors... in the crotch twice and three times in the pockets, they´re really worn out now.

PBJ XX-05 now drying for the first wear.

mg0014y.jpg

mg0007a.jpg

mg0016l.jpg

mg0008.jpg

I'm beginning to see some of that button fading I seem destined to aquire but not much of anything else. But yes, they seem to fade quickly but could it be that it's only in the beginning and that the fabric doesn't lose much indigo with washing? I don't know, rambling, have a babysitter for the first time in a while. Drinking and listening to PJ Harvey and Wu-Tang.

crossposting waywt

dsc01036q.jpg