LFC4ever

Studio D'artisan

does anyone know the deal with these studio d'artisans? i bought them from a person in thailand - are they real?

d273_1.JPG

d361_1.JPG

i've really grown to dislike the 103 cut.. the leg opening is too wide for the thighs, and the back rise is just ridiculously low. i wouldn't mind them if the leg was just slightly tapered, but as it is it's just a bit awkward. they're definitely indestructable and can handle a bunch of washes though, so i guess there's always that..

i've really grown to dislike the 103 cut.. the leg opening is too wide for the thighs, and the back rise is just ridiculously low. i wouldn't mind them if the leg was just slightly tapered, but as it is it's just a bit awkward. they're definitely indestructable and can handle a bunch of washes though, so i guess there's always that..

give it like 5 years when people are tired and embarrassed of the superslim dior cuts and tapered legs and you won't regret buying the 103's.

I second poly's comment... im tired of superslim and crazy tapered legs, but to each his own.

i mean i do like that they're not super super slim, but i just think they fall awkawrdly because of the leg opening. like i got more or less my true size (30) and the hem drags on shoes with slim profiles.. this could be a result of my body type, but regardless if it was like a quarter inch smaller at the hem i think they'd be much more proportional

^^^just cuff them.

I really like the cut of the 103 through the legs, but I agree that it could have an inch higher back rise.

i dunno, that patch looks suspect - the 103's i had had a much more thick substantial patch. i've never seen any SDA, made of material that looked like that and the writing i've seen has always been red. maybe its a new edition . . . but the thinness of that patch just look like something they wouldnt put out.

i mean i know there is an 03 version that has a paper patch and lesser denim but still . . .

How exactly do SDA's fit? I'm used to wearing jeans with a somewhat fuller cut (RRDS, Samurai sv5000, etc) and I'm looking for my next pair to be somewhat slimmer, but not apc/dior/etc... slim. Will the 103's fit the bill?

the SD-103's completely fall in that category in terms of fit, completely

what I've been saying for some time now!

hjj: it really is a shame i didn't see your testimony before my purchase

just washed mine again, i'm at like 5 or 6 washes in right around 6 months... here's a bad picture, i don't have a digital camera so the contrast is all fucked up..

badpicturelf9.jpg

Me no likey....

I would probably take them off if I chose to buy another pair of SDAs... Good thing I bought a pair of SDA 103s when I heard about the new arcs.

werent those the arcs from their lee repros? anyway, i dont think its that bad, they kept the same characteristics of the original arcs, and just slightly changed the shape

poly, any pics of the front? i thought i remember a tab being on the coin pocket.

werent those the arcs from their lee repros? anyway, i dont think its that bad, they kept the same characteristics of the original arcs, and just slightly changed the shape

poly, any pics of the front? i thought i remember a tab being on the coin pocket.

I think they are the lee-style arcs from their previous models. And you're correct about the tab too. Discussed in this thread:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35005

Me no likey....

really? I think they look pretty good. I'm not a fan of the coin pocket tab, however.

11qe2.jpg

new arcs in real life

no, no, no, no, no.

...and why does one of the patches have jeans being pulled apart and the other not?

i just bought a pair of sd-103's from blue in green and had to watch while they unpicked the pocket stich and cut off the white tag before i could leave with them. fucking brutal. i know they have to do that and it's a cool shop but the white tag and dot thing was cool and nothing like a levi's tag. love these jeans but a tad bummed...

i just bought a pair of sd-103's from blue in green and had to watch while they unpicked the pocket stich and cut off the white tag before i could leave with them. fucking brutal. i know they have to do that and it's a cool shop but the white tag and dot thing was cool and nothing like a levi's tag. love these jeans but a tad bummed...

Why didn't you wait for the new stock?

there not all that bad, id say better than flatheads new arcs, at least SD's keeping it simple

i a agree, the flathead arcs are almost like a random child's squiggle.

Why didn't you wait for the new stock?

i was over from london for a week so had to do the deal then and there.