skateboarding saved my life

I just bought a skateboard:

250336_874148328193_61202378_46529534_4618993_n.jpg

I'm completely new to this.

I've had a faff around in the carpark below my condo and I've taken it out on a couple of flat roads. Any advice on the order in which I should be trying to learn things? So far I'm focussing on my turns and stops and trying to get smoother with the basics. Had a pop at a couple of slopes and ramps (i.e. going down them without falling off like a noob). Not tried any ollies or anything yet.

I just bought a skateboard:

250336_874148328193_61202378_46529534_4618993_n.jpg

I'm completely new to this.

I've had a faff around in the carpark below my condo and I've taken it out on a couple of flat roads. Any advice on the order in which I should be trying to learn things? So far I'm focussing on my turns and stops and trying to get smoother with the basics. Had a pop at a couple of slopes and ramps (i.e. going down them without falling off like a noob). Not tried any ollies or anything yet.

Ya definitely chosen an iconic deck from the legendary toy machine. I'd advise some risers under your trucks, some people may disagree but hey, more height even, if it is minuscule, means that much more pop. and yes as stated previously, skate with people better than you. as it will create situations to take you out of your comfort areas/will only push you to do more and develop an attitude to take on different obstacles. and only make you better!

love your set up by the way

happy skating!

jerry hsu remains one of the gnarliest, most stylish skaters ever, this part is just further testament to that

bails are so hard to watch

i saw him skate drunk at an osiris demo when i was like 16 and he was still the biggest talent in the park

Hey, thanks for the kind words. I've never been a fan of most skateboard art so I was looking for something simple and iconic, or just a plain wood board. I like the Toy Machine stuff generally and I thought that deck with the plain-as-possible trucks etc would look good. Obviously turned the wheels inside as they are ugly.