ande whall contest thread

aleopold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick pics from the vacation. got back and been really busy. Will post jeans pics later when things slow down.

ECAF3665-C639-4450-84BA-10D4ED79766B-980-0000017AE0296294.jpg

Flicks at the Bricks - Pioneer Place Downtown Portland - Karate Kid

882F3ABE-78FD-4C5B-A7AB-6E2CBC0BF619-980-0000017A90542719.jpg

Haystack Rock - 16 C when we were there. Still did not stop the kids from playing in the sand and getting soaked in the surf.

8E07187B-2B51-4D6E-B4C2-26EC66B9B00D-980-0000017A6CFADDC6.jpg

Parting shot - sorry about the Iphone pics but its quick.

#3 checking in, last weekend I was down in Wellington again but this time it was no work and all play! I took the Andes to Beervana - New Zealands biggest (and imo best) beer festival held at the 'cake-tin' stadium. All up I tried about 35 beers over 2 days, with my favorite being the Tuatara - Double Trouble IIPA. My Andes and I also managed to see classic 90's hip hop group - The Pharcyde and (newer) Computer Jay play at the San Franciso Bathouse which was a nice bonus on an already fantastic weekend.

1. A flag at the entrance to Beervana

2. The sophisticated crowd - the event was held around the walkways of the Wellington stadium

3. This here is the #8 Wired Bumaye - a 17% alc. ale! They only served the taster size and they only served it for the last hour of every session. (I managed to get me a dozen of these glasses for future beer tastings)

4. Pharcyde doing their thing at the San Franciso Bathouse - highlight of the trip!

5&6. Shots of my andes after 9 months (the colours are pretty true). The top button fell off the other day but since i'm wearing a belt, I thought i'd just leave it for the remaining of the competition. I've also had to make some repairs to both the front and back areas of the crotch.

awcontestbeervana.jpg

andesfrontforum.jpg

andesbackforum.jpg

Edited by theotherchrislewis

Groove, cplclegg great posts. Have been shirking on my duties as a contest member lately. It's been crazy at work and my wife went back to work ( off mat leave) so transitioning one kid back to day care full time and introducing a one year old to day care has been rough. Many sleepless nights and a few tear filled mornings. I will try and post pics of the jeans here this weekend. So glad I did the full crotch patch as I have three areas that are worn through. Cell fade has broken through as well. Anyways pics coming.

So I didnt get a chance to head out to FYF this coming weekend so I gave the pants a wash yesterday. They are in serious need of repair at this point, crotch seam is busting, the crotch has a half inch hole, the back yoke is missing the majority of its stitching and both back pockets are now accumulating some serious holes. I love how theyre turning out tho and the denim is unbelievably comfortable. This is maybe their second or third wash with a bunch of soaks in between, I havent really been keeping track.

7896120624_0c545895c0.jpg

7896118580_8f70075581.jpg

7896116634_dd4d8582e7.jpg

Did not get to the office this weekend so I am posting today. Here are some evo pics. Did a hot wash and hot dryer and noticed quite a bit of shrinkage. Virtually reduced the ass sag that had developed since last soak.

A07C3362-1C54-47E7-8B03-890E7307B742-1794-000002B27E34A981.jpg

013FA7C6-69C5-4324-B353-9B4E4E8A4840-1794-000002B2942DCF41-1.jpg

0FC52ABF-72AF-4DB5-B91D-07E0B0A64DE2-1794-000002B2A952BD36-1.jpg

Glad I did the patch on the crotch.

7621463F-79E9-4D64-AEA3-B3302067C378-1794-000002B2BFA307ED-1.jpg

Late-Ass-English-Slacker Checking In!!

You Thought id forgotten about you all....

Two hot soaks since my last Post - Been To Canada for 6 Weeks and France and Belgium for a Long weekend too not to mention summer etc - photos on other Cameras (to be updated soon).

This is How how Jeans look as of Yesterday 5th Sept'12

6.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

11.jpg

5.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

As you can see the pocket fading is heavy, and the cuffs are blown on both legs front and back, the wear patterns/ Whiskers on the front are slightly higher than usual - due to the shallow pocket bags.

The Denim is very soft now and is still fading

The Honeycombs are setting in but very slowly compared to the front, I Think this is because they're still a little loose on me.

The cuffs seem to have roping effect despite being double cuffed - I really like seeing the contrast of the protected denim on the fly and cuffs in comparison to the exposed and worn denim elsewhere!

Great Jeans - really improving as times passes.

Good to see everyones still going strong too.

Cheers

U.

Edited by UkeNo

the shrinkage is minimal and nothing you need to be concerned about at all. the denim on ande's regular line is nice & forgiving so will stretch out exactly where it needs to in order to be comfortable. the waist on mine has stretched out about an inch beyond it's unsoaked state i think.

my general rule of thumb though for sanforized denim is half an inch shrinkage in the waist and less elsewhere. keeping in mind that you'll get this half an inch back, and more, without much fuss.

@ ukeno - how many times have you washed yours overall? they've got a nice hue to them.

Okisan - Thanks, they are slightly more yellow green on the thighs than is evident in the pictures, so far they've had:

1 Cold soak, 1 Hot wash + Tumble, then 3 Hot Soaks to date.

I wear them constantly - travelling in them for 6 weeks around Canada seemed to really set off the fading and wear patterns.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been too long, brethren. I went to the North Carolina State Fair today. I've been to a few state fairs, but North Carolina does it right every year. We headed out around 10:30am to beat the rush, but found the crowds already swelling.

IMG_4974.jpg

I need to look into this society. Sounds elitist.

IMG_4975.jpg

IMG_4976.jpg

This was my breakfast: london broil sandwich slathered in cheese, peppers, and onions.

IMG_4977.jpg

First dessert was a southern/NC State Fair must: deep-fried Oreos.

IMG_4979.jpg

You find just about ANYTHING deep-fried. check it:

IMG_4983.jpg

I got the deep-fried cinnamon roll with bacon bits. Insanely delicious-- the sweet and the savory in one ridiculous dish.

IMG_4984.jpg

My gluttony knows no bounds. Next up: the doughnut cheeseburger.

IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4987.jpg

It was an occasion to see all the different exhibits. Sorry I didn't take more, but here is a snapshot of the local art on display with my friend sneaking in.

IMG_4992.jpg

jawns

IMG_4993.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

Apparently in the south, they don't know what fish and chips are.

IMG_4997.jpg

But they do know how to party

IMG_4999.jpg

Hi guys,

would someone of you be interested in AW's Raker for a reasonable price? I bought the pair of these wonderful jeans way back in 2008. They are in wonderful, unbroken condition. I barely used them — just a couple of times. I've completely forgot about them and just now rediscovered. Unfortunately they are just way too small for me now. The waist size is 28". The inseam is 31".

So just let me know, if you have any interest.

Edited by jeeves