motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

anyone know any shops that sell or help you build bobber/bratstyle bikes in Southern California?

http://www.bobbershop.net/Bikes/bob4.htm

only one i can find online (too bad he sold that bike)

Be careful with who say the word bobber around. Most of the bikes advertised as that are just choppers, which also has a negative conotation because of shows like Orange County Choppers and companies that make ugly production bikes like those.

To be honest, read forums, look at blogs, figure out what you want and start collecting parts for it. It seems like a lot but it's pretty easy. You may even find guys that work out of their garage that do legit work.

Go to the Chopper Fest on the 13th in Ventura and you'll get more inspiration than you'll know what to do with.

As for bratstyle, that really hasn't caught on here yet. To me it seems like only one shop in Japan is doing that look and no one has copied them yet.

Bikers, can anyone recommend a 19oz or above jean with a high rise? Need something warm and strong that doesn't expose my butt-crack to the other road users:eek:

Speaking of warm and strong... we're doing a jean with Iron Heart in January that's lined with a super heavy brushed flannel and stitched with a heavier than normal thread and has a true medium rise to it... also, cost permitting it'll be waterproof.

Speaking of warm and strong... we're doing a jean with Iron Heart in January that's lined with a super heavy brushed flannel and stitched with a heavier than normal thread and has a true medium rise to it... also, cost permitting it'll be waterproof.

That sounds spot on Kiya! Warm and waterproof would be perfect for England right now.

any of you guys had "starter" bikes when you first began riding?

im hoping to buy a bike pretty soon. i would like the Iron 883 but maybe in a couple of years (once i can afford it/have more experience). for now, i want a bike that will help me get used to riding and gain experience. tried riding my brother's GSX-R600 but it didn't go well. almost dropped it. lol so im looking for any recommendations for a bike.

im hoping to buy a bike pretty soon. i would like the Iron 883 but maybe in a couple of years (once i can afford it/have more experience). for now, i want a bike that will help me get used to riding and gain experience. tried riding my brother's GSX-R600 but it didn't go well. almost dropped it. lol so im looking for any recommendations for a bike.

I highly recommend getting a Suzuki GZ-250. It's essentially Suzuki's version of the Honda Rebel but handles far better and is a more comfortable bike with a lower center of gravity than the Rebel.

They essentially took the Rebel and improved every aspect of it and dropped the price a bit. Get any one from 1999 or newer and you'll be set and it won't cost you much. The resale value is also very good because beginners are always looking for 250cc standards.

I'd strongly suggest looking into a Kawasaki Ninja 250. They can be purchased used for quite cheap, and resale is usually not only a piece of cake but also close to purchase price so long as the bike is maintained and undamaged. I did a lot of research and picked one up last year after taking the msf course and getting my license.

The bike will easily cruise at highway speeds without straining, slowing down on hills, or risking engine damage. Even though the displacement is the same as the Rebel/GZ250, it's an entirely different kind of engine. It has dual carbs, and redlines at over 13,000 rpm's. At engine speeds over 10,000 you wouldn't believe it's a 250. It's a very fun bike to ride, and not intimidating at all. The riding position is more upright than you'd imagine and comfortable on longer rides. With a low purchase price, easy maintenance, excellent fuel economy (I get about 60mpg on average), and some of the lowest insurance rates, the Ninja 250 is an easy choice.

There's also a great Ninja 250 online community over @ ninja250.org. Any questions you might have will most definitely have been answered in the FAQ's.

Also, don't listen to anybody who tells you "you'll outgrow the bike in a few months". I still have mine over a year later. :D

1947, Hollister California, the rally that inspired The Wild One.

This photo was printed across every American publication and is one of the reasons the bike outlaw became to have the image it did.

8690767_550_art_R0.jpg

How did you almost drop it? That doesn't sound too good. My first road bike, which I still have and got new when I was 18 is a 2007 CBR600RR and I had no problems with it at all, but I have been on dirtbikes for a long time.

Whatever you do, don't pay anywhere near that asking price. Kinda ridiculous considering msrp in 09 was $3,999 and $3,499 in 08.

yeah i mentioned the bike to my brother and he said it was expensive. so i'm gonna to get them to lower the price.

How did you almost drop it? That doesn't sound too good. My first road bike, which I still have and got new when I was 18 is a 2007 CBR600RR and I had no problems with it at all, but I have been on dirtbikes for a long time.

i stalled and the bike did a tiny stoppie. then the bike started tipping over to my left but my brother came and helped me lift it.

check out a used Suzuki GS500. you can find one with low miles for around 2k easily. great starter bike, not too fast but not too whimpy, really easy to ride and they don't have that typical "starter bike" look to them.

Here in New Zealand we have a 250cc restriction for the first ~24 months of your motorcycle license (through Learner and Restricted). Soooo this weekend I'm picking up either a ZXR250 or a FZR250 (NZ is full of Japanese grey imports from the early 90s):

112422873_full.jpg

Not the most exciting bikes in the world, but considerably more peppy than the Ninja 250.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what exactly is the correlation between the Air Force and cc restrictions? It was my understanding that the States don't have restrictions on motorcycles in terms of licensing?

The air force has motorcycles?? Shit, we just have Iroquois and some Skyhawks rusting on a tarmac.

Go NZ.

It had something to do with the amount of deaths on high powered motorcycles. Some guy without the right information made a decision solely based on engine size and not on the type of bike.

I don't think any states have restrictions like those, the AF can do whatever it wants. They are just trying to stop a bunch of retarded 18 year olds from going out and buying a sportbike and ramming themselves into a pole.

I have to fill out special forms and meet with my commander just so he can warn me and try and be that last voice of reason. It's stupid.

Just bought that FZR I posted up above. Picking it up tomorrow evening then riding it back to the city. Can't wait! Had to buy it sight unseen though, but as far as I can tell it's in great condition, and has low kilometers. I'll replace all the fluids once I get it home though.