How To Make It In America

FACE

haha was that the finale? what a disappointing series. nothing really happened in regards to their clothing label. hate shows that build and release tension so formulaically.

In the real world of a start up with no capital this season was a perfect reflection of how shit goes....

• 1 year later...
i sense a whole bunch of cameos that you guys may personally know this season

wink wink (nh)

And cameos of retail stores you may have heard of on Superfuture.

this show is a complete waste of time

this.

such an obnoxious show. just watched first episode of season 2 and i want to kill myself

"POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP""POP UP SHOP"

This show sucks so fucking bad, but it's like a car accident...

I just hate how contrived it is. "YO CAM I FOUND SOME SELVAGE DENIM LETS MAKE A CLOTHING LINE AND GO TO JAPAN AND SELL OUR SHIT AT ATMOS AND START A POP UP SHOP AND GET BACKED BY OUR BILLIONAIRE BANKER FRIEND AND HAVE SOME FAGGOT MOTHERFUCKER LIKE KID CUDI HELP US OUT"

Yes, I'm mad.

It's cool to hate on this show cause they're trying to hit all these NYC signifiers and buzzwords like pop-up shop and selvage, but give it a real assessment: the Victor Vargas kid is good, Bryan Greenberg's a likeable guy and together they nail that feel-good buddy-relationship that was Entourage at its peak. The females get real roles, as opposed to being throwaway like on Entourage. Luis Guzman is as funny as he needs to be ("We're opening a pop-up shop." "A Pop-Tart what?"). The writing is snappy, and they film at the right spots (if they say it's the LES, they're actually filming there -- seems like a small thing, but shows fuck this up all the time, mainly cause they don't really care enough to get it right).

It's a buddy-comedy. It works fine on that level.

Them going to Japan was shitty tv writing at it's finest. Two broke ass muthafuckers gonna fly to japan on a weak US dollar probably spending like 5-6K(fuel surcharges, that hotel looks like its more than 15000 yen a night) to buy what looks like 3K worth of hoodies.

It's got the same episodic system in place that made Entourage terrible but compulsively watchable - buddies have idea, buddies struggle mightily, buddies reunite as bros, episode ends with either uplifting we're going to make it moment or "oh shit we're fucked (but we're going to make it anyway") moment.

Staying true to life, where these guys have their hopes and dreams crushed at every turn until they finally just give up and get shitty jobs and live on ramen... not good TV.