visvim s/s10

martynyarrow

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Was in FIL Tokyo today, and those were the only Kangaroo Virgil Folks they had on display.

i asked one of the dudes there and he said those were leftovers from the isetan pop-up. there were heinously expensive polished boots with a captoe, not sure if those were the same...

i guess i'm a hyped size so need to cast my net outside the official FIL network - any other visvim stockists in tokyo worth checking out for footwear?

also there is another visvim in tokyo? didn't see one in the stockists list.... sorry for all the questions, i am trying to trade in supreme thread karma haha. but seriously it took me 10 minutes to find the harajuku store even though i had a map, i am just being realistic:o.

btw i liked the foley folk in theory but the soles felt like they were made out of particle board... not too dissimilar to the logans but the upper on my logans were stiffer and probably actually sized correctly so less problematic. i still want to get them though, how sick puppy am i?

There's quite a few Visvim stockists in Tokyo, UDFTD around the corner from Supreme Harajuku, Blackflag (aoyama) which is close-ish by, Contempoary Fix, Cibone and Ron Herman also in Aoyama. All of which are in walking distance of FIL.

Ask the SA's at FIL to give you directions, the guys are really helpful.

Likewise, Head Porter didn't have shit in Feb.

Seenmy is right though, FIL and Isetan are the best places although if they've sold out of something, the other stockists might have it.

FIL Tokyo isn't the easiest store to find, the sign doesn't make things easier when it's white on white.

dsc01542bi.jpg

finally pulled the trigger on a pair of the new kangaroo virgils. hopefully the sole doesn't look crazy since i have big feet should arrive saturday ill post pics, although i hope the soles last longer then my folk 7 hole soles as they have started to separate in the heel and toe area on one of the boots.

-26-1.jpg

after some sizing advice on 73 7-hole Folk Boots as I might be buying some through a private sale.

They are a us10 and I normally go from a 9-10 in visvim, need to know if they fit true, small, large. For comparison I am 10 in duck decoy, 9.5 in hockney, 9.5 in fbt, 10 in fbt folk. us9.5 in nike. uk8.5 in trickers.

The sole measurement of the 73 seems longer than the sole of my trickers and would suggest that they are too big but after some advice from those who may own a pair and one of the above

yeah,basically you can get them glued by a cobbler,I have also been told of people getting them resold with vibram christys (goodyear welt allows for this and apparently the heel cup dosent affect this) although this is second hand info and i havent seen the resoled pair in the flesh and havent queeried the process but im pretty sure it was done in london and not by visvim, and by all accounts looked dope

Hey, I wonder if someone can help me out. I'm looking to buy a pair of Raw Visvim Fluxus but I'm confused as to the different models. I don't want a super slim pair but not a straight cut either, want something in between, similar to the Fenom 360 cut, and would like it to be selvedge. What's the number I should be looking for?

Also, is it better for me to get a proxy from FIL stores, as I'm not sure whether they sell out quickly or not. Any help would be appreciated

Just got my Virgils in yesterday. These boots definitely run true to size. Im a sz. 12 normally, my folk 7 holes are 11s fit perfect, no way i could have fit an 11 in these. Also the heel/sole is not as monsterous as the pictures previously shown.

-30.jpg