Evisu and Rakuten.

antihelt

Just to be sure, i contacted Evisu.com about the sale of Evisu on Rakuten.co.jp.

Heres the e-mails:

Hello.

I found this Japanese site where they are selling Evisu (www.rakuten.co.jp). It seems like they got a lot of sub-stores, selling at different prices.

Judging from the pictures, all the items seems very legit, but just wanted to make sure that they are authentic.

Thank you

Their answer:

Hello,

If they are not listed on our on line store locater on the website then they are not legit... check www.evisu.com

Kind Regards,

Aysha Hasan

Evisu International

Are they just a bunch of morons who actually doesn't know anything about nothing?

UPDATED

Well, i've noticed not all online Evisu stores are listed on evisu.com - http://www.togged.com/ for an example.

Here is one of the jeans from the store D-Stock: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/d-stock/epc1472

To me, they look all legit

Their answer

If they are not listed then they are not buying from our wholesalers, some of them seem really legit, check out www.evisuworld.com, we had a customer give them money and never received a thing, however they are nothing to do with us. For guaranteed legitimate items and your own security please use the ones listed.

Kind Regards,

Aysha Hasan

Evisu International (UK)

Edited by antihelt on Mar 14, 2006 at 07:32 AM

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

Evisu make ugly ass jeans, and their stupid seagull bullshit is stupider than the Bape hype.

I'm like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin'

Quote: Didn't someone around here say that rakuten was merely an ecommerce service provider? A bit like Yahoo Stores

rakuten is an online mall. they only offer web hosting and paying service. all the shops are independant of rakuten. and a lots of them are resellers (they have no connection with the brand).

Quite right, but for the lady from Evisu to suggest that jeans sold in Rakuten shops are not legit is absurd. Actually, compared to, say, eBay, Rakuten is quite well policed. Also, some of the biggest 'bricks and mortar' retailers in Japan (like Hinoya, G-pan, etc,) have a presence on Rakuten. In addition many smaller manufacturers use Rakuten as a direct sales channel rather than setting up their own independent online shops.

Quote:

I hate to tell you that. No offence, but people in here are so likely to bitch, when there is a pair a jeans they don't like. But since your asking so nice http://www.rakuten.co.jp/kobori/153170/298559/

Btw. thank you. Looking forward recieving them.

--- Original message by antihelt on Mar 14, 2006 04:20 PM

those look nice, im a big fan of evisu despite what a lot of ppl say here... fuck, i love evisu and bape but i also respect a lot of brands here that alot of SFers like even tho i dont like them.. i only bash on alot of stupid graphic tees.. lol

I think you asked the people frmo Evisu Europe about the Japanese Evisus, which really isn't gonna generate a good answer. The answer you recieved is only applicable to stores selling european evisus on rautuken, and Evisu Europe wouldn't be able to really answer those questions because they don't have anything to do with the production of japanese evisus

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

antihelt, you are wrong. www.evisu.com is indeed an international site, but only for the european models of evisu, like the heritage line, men's mainline and E.E.E.

the japanese models are from the japanese team, they have nothing to do with thew people you mail them too. back in the day, when they still answered the mails asking whether stuff was real or fake, they said all Japanese models were fake HAHAHA. basically, they have no knowledge on the japanese models authenticity, and they are only interessed in marketing their own products(heritage,mainline,EEE, EV genes)

the dudes that answer your mails at evisu are basically a bit retarded, and yes, the jeans that you ordered are indeed authentic, although i must say those kinda of models are the ones that make me wonder how much pot do evisu designers smoke before designing new stuff. i love their quality and the basic old school jeans they have, but 99% of the new designs they come up with are pure bullshit. i also only like the denim from heritage models and japanese nº1 or nº2, all the rest is crap.

Stand tall or don't stand at all

I'm sorry then.

Yea, i wonder that too. That's why i think this pair is freaking awsome.

Many of their new designs, i think is crap too. But this one is so crazy, that i think it's kind of funny. Not like many of their other jeans where it looks like they're being serious (the new army daicock, the front/back daicock and the Mighty evisu daicock). Actually a lot of the models seems serious.

• 2 months later...

Togged.com sell all authentic Evisu, both pre and post Ben Sherman (europe). Togged is probably the only source left for archive Evisu, which post dates FM. They have the same stock as was available through Kitmeout.com which was the first authentic Evisu online store back in 2000.

yeah, togged has a great selection on their site, but 80% of their stuff is the same stuff that is sold on YOOX(read here, stuff that doesn't sell on the shops from previous seasons), but in yoox they sell it for 20% of the price they mark on togged.

they have about 2 pairs of evisu's i like though, but not worth the price they are asking for it at all

Stand tall or don't stand at all