Evisu and Rakuten.

antihelt

Eqpt, could you give some examples of the same Evisu items on Togged and Yoox? Togged and Yoox are completely different. Yoox buy all out of season items and Togged buy exclusive one-off pieces as they unlike Yoox have official accounts with the main brands. I know Togged have some very rare oArchive Evisu that looks like the original oieces from the Kitmeout Collection.

Quote:

Eqpt, could you give some examples of the same Evisu items on Togged and Yoox? Togged and Yoox are completely different. Yoox buy all out of season items and Togged buy exclusive one-off pieces as they unlike Yoox have official accounts with the main brands. I know Togged have some very rare oArchive Evisu that looks like the original oieces from the Kitmeout Collection.

--- Original message by jam_pool on May 27, 2006 12:53 AM

most of the stuff that togged has on it's site is from previous seasons, and except for some jeans, i have seen most of their pieces(knitwear,t-shirts, etc,etc) on yoox for a muuuuch lower price.

and i really doubt that togged have an official account at the moment because they only have stock from previous seasons.

for example, there's a white knit jacket with embroydery that is on togged for 240 pounds that i saw all sizes on yoox(s,m,l,xl)going for 70 pounds and they stayed there for about 3 months.

i am saying this from my mind cuz togged site is currently unavailable and i don't have the links to show you.

and togged has the same stock that kitmeout had before closing about 4 years ago because the evisu collection except for the basic jeans is too bad to be true and expensive as fuck, and for 4 years, no one bothered to buy the stuff, and probably wont

Stand tall or don't stand at all

Edited by Egpt on May 27, 2006 at 06:07 AM

i think you can manage to browse without using the google translator. somehow, the translator always seems to fuck up the pages layout so i prefer not to use it. there was a thread a while ago as to which translator worked the best http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=8741

and do yourself a favor, download Firefox or Opera and stop using IE, it's a shitty browser...

Quote:
Quote:

most of the stuff that togged has on it's site is from previous seasons, and except for some jeans, i have seen most of their pieces(knitwear,t-shirts, etc,etc) on yoox for a muuuuch lower price.

and i really doubt that togged have an official account at the moment because they only have stock from previous seasons.

for example, there's a white knit jacket with embroydery that is on togged for 240 pounds that i saw all sizes on yoox(s,m,l,xl)going for 70 pounds and they stayed there for about 3 months.

i am saying this from my mind cuz togged site is currently unavailable and i don't have the links to show you.

and togged has the same stock that kitmeout had before closing about 4 years ago because the evisu collection except for the basic jeans is too bad to be true and expensive as fuck, and for 4 years, no one bothered to buy the stuff, and probably wont

--- Original message by Egpt on May 27, 2006 06:01 AM

Egpt, if you can provide some posts of the same stock on Togged and Yoox that would be interesting. I believe your comments are incorrect but if you have some tangible images and links I will stand corrected. Yoox have never owned the same Evisu items as Togged to my knowledge. Togged have virtually all one-off Archive pieces. What do you mean Kitmeout closed down 4 years ago? To my knowledge the site has never closed down? As someone closely connected to heritage Evisu I do know Kitmeout were the first site to sell authentic evisu online back in 2000/1 season.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by Egpt on May 27, 2006 06:01 AM

Egpt, if you can provide some posts of the same stock on Togged and Yoox that would be interesting. I believe your comments are incorrect but if you have some tangible images and links I will stand corrected. Yoox have never owned the same Evisu items as Togged to my knowledge. Togged have virtually all one-off Archive pieces. What do you mean Kitmeout closed down 4 years ago? To my knowledge the site has never closed down? As someone closely connected to heritage Evisu I do know Kitmeout were the first site to sell authentic evisu online back in 2000/1 season.

--- Original message by jam_pool on May 27, 2006 10:18 PM

i don't like people doubting my words, and i wouldn't care to post if what i was saying was incorrect, but if i really have to do it here goes an explanation and some examples for you.

first off, when evisu arrives to yoox, 70% of the stuff sells in about 1 week, so that may be the reason for you to not have seen most of the pieces. i can tell you that, most of the t-shirts that are on togged at the moment were selling on yoox for around 40 euros(25 pounds+-), now check the price the evisu tees go for on togged....need i say more?

examples:

same pair of evisu european edition on both yoox and togged:

http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-885-11238.html

on yoox:

http://www.yoox.com/item/EVISU+EU+ED+Jeans/YOOX/tskay/F0FDB994/rr/1/cod10/420195081L/areaid/36/st/

do the math and check the difference on those prices.

about a month ago, http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Knitwear/product-880-9625.html was available on yoox for about 120 euros.sizes S,M AND L. i remember this one cuz i once saw kanye west wearing this in some mtv show.

kitmeout did close for a lot of time, no orders where able to be made online for many years, and the www.kitmeout.com at the moment has nothing to do with the site that closed in about...dunno...2001/2002 maybe.

i'm not gonna bother to show more examples cuz honestly, if u wanna be fooled, just go ahead and do it, if u spend 5 minutes looking through yoox and kitmeout you will see lots

and no, togged does not have stuff from the current or even last 3 seasons.

a really easy way to notice this is that evisu europe changed most of their designs to that new brushed seagul logo that looks like this:

http://europe.zoovillage.com/store/productdetail.asp?CategoryID=0|0&BrandID=47&DisplayItemID=19149&Position=36&ListType=1

and not a single pair that is at yoox has anything similar to this.

i know almost all the stuff from each evisu collection, and the most recent pair of jeans from evisu that evisu has on their site is dating to about spring/summer 2004, which are those evisu osaka repair shops, i remember this cuz i boight a pair when they came out.

in my opinion, togged does the same thing as yoox, which is buy from shops that didn't sell the stuff and offseason stock, or, they buy the collection and only upload the images 3 seasons later lol(yeah right)

Egpt, as I say I have a close affiliation with Evisu Heritage and Archive and that is what we're talking about. For some reason you are now discussing EU ED. Would you please provide a link to the same Evisu Heritage and Archive Evisu item on both Yoox and Togged? I don't believe that is possible because Togged sell one-off authorised pieces which Yoox would simply not have access to. I believe you're confused and misinformed but if you can provide a link to the same Evisu Heritage and Archive item on both Yoox and Togged I will stand corrected. As for Kitmeout, I recollect their buyer (and official Evisu stockist) buying one-off Heritage Evisu pieces in 2001, 2002 and 2003. In fact, I recall collectors buying the one-off pieces from Kitmeout and selling them for a profit on ebay :o) Yoox, on the other hand, simply buy unwanted "job-lots" and scraps at the end of the season which has increased with post Ben Sherman European Evisu.

i am neither confused nor misinformed.

as i said,YOOX SELLS MOST OF THEIR STOCK IN 1 WEEK(sorry for caps, but this is my main issue here, and thefore the reason why i can show you more examples at the moment, but u seem to be missing the point).

it's funny that u mention evisu heritage lol, cuz evisu heritage line in europe was only created in autumn/winter 2004/2005, and not a single piece of that season, or further seasons, has been available on yoox.

if u had any kind of close affiliation with evisu at all, u would that what i am saying is true.

the only archive evisu that togged has that i have never seen on yoox:

http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-139-8624.html

http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html

http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-137-11235.html

all the other stuff i have seen going for under 200 euros, always(and the only ones reaching 200 euros or anything close to that were those european limited edition with tiger or bull or crane in the backpocket)

about people buying on togged to resell on ebay for a small profit....that shit was really funny :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6871071216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

here you go, a pair that kitmeout sold for 500 pounds about 4 years ago and whose seller sold it for the price u can see on the link.

togged also buys unwanted job lots, they just buy them 3 seasons after, which is even worst than yoox.

to me , you are a togged employee or the actual owner, trying to defend something that is just senseless.

i am getting really tired of answering to your posts showing stuff that is crystal clear.

if u are not a togged employee, keep buying from togged the same jeans other people can get for less than half the price, it's your pocket hurting, not mine, so i don't care.

i'm not answering more of your posts from now own, you can keep the thread to yourself.

you can now either use the info i gave you or just ignore it, and i couldn't care less about your choice.

see you

Small observation here, but I would gander that fake stuff is not really a huge problem on Rakuten, nothing at all like it would be on American ebay where sellers can appear and disappear quietly selling their fake shit anonymously.

True that Rakuten is just an umbrella name for tons of virtual shops, but the Japanese are very savvy consumers who know their shit, especially when it comes to clothes. Just look at the amount of detail and variety in their fashion interests, it's the same reason we're able to get all these jeans made in the old-world style. What other countries in the world publish magazines and books that act as spotter's guides for about anything one could be interested in? I have some Japanese books that I thought were cookbooks when I was purchasing them wrapped in cellophane, but turned out to be 300-page foody spotter's guides, one cataloguing every possible edible vegetable and weed sold in Japan, and the other cataloguing every possible condiment, spice, and sauce sold domestically in Japan. It's kind of in their nature to get obsessive and anally fickle about details when it comes to their hobbies and interests, it's partially that Asian old-world education that demands skill with quantitative information that kicks in. As a result, over there in Japan publishing companies get away with selling magazines that are basically catalogs of material goods cover to cover, without any real articles or anything, just pictures of shoes or accessories and their little description and pricetag, for about 200 pages. Amazing.

Anyway, sorry for getting too philosophical about the Rakuten thing, I just think their whole nation would be up in arms if a Rakuten store was ripping people off with imitations. The Japanese just don't really do imitation goods, they're probably the most consumer savvy nation in the world.

There was once a case a few years ago when a third party middleman was supplying Prada goods to Korean department stores, and the middlemen got a little greedy and started slipping imitations in unbeknownst to the stores or consumers. Naturally, a ton of Japanese tourists came in and bought this stuff thinking they were making safe purchases from a dept store boutique, and when they found out they were fake later on, all hell broke loose.

Egpt,

You are clearly confused and misinformed. You make statements and then are unable to substantiate those misinformed statements with any tangible facts. Whose talking about the evisu heritage line in Europe? We're discussing the Heritage and Archive links in general which are both duirng and post Ben Sherman. You're then providing irrelevant links. It would be helpful during a discussion if you could stay on topic and stop digressing.

Again Yoox would never have access to the Evisu items available on Togged as these are one-off originals as Togged is an authorised buyer they have access to this option. Yoox, on the other hand, is not an authorised buyer and simply obtains end of season scraps and job-lots.

As for the link to ebay, that is an item bought from a store in Newcastle, England and has no connection to Kitmeout which I believe is based in London, England. As I say, from my close affiliation to the nascent growth of Evisu online, I know Kitmeout was the first online store to sell authentic Evisu items and their buyer used to buy very rare one-off items during the Ben Sherman era. I also know quite a few collectors bought from Kitmeout and sold for a profit on ebay, mainly the Mellennium Golds and rare denim pieces signed by Hidehiko.

Although I am employed in the denim industry and I am not involved with any online store. All I can do is pass on facts as I know them as opposed to making unstantiated and wild comments for effect.

mate, you are a fool, i know what i am talking about, i am not making unstantiated or wild comments.

if you don't wanna listen to me, whatever, keep thinking that togged carries one off pieces from evisu lol.

what i would like to know is, if togged has an official account, how come the site never sports items from the current seasons?

i can't backup with more links cuz, like i said, most of the stuff that goes to yoox from evisu sells out pretty quick(WHAT FUCKING PART OF THIS HAVEN'T U UNDERSTOOD YET??????), and in the last 3 years i have seen most of the stuff that is available on togged at the moment, selling for low prices on yoox. at some point i even thought that togged was buying from yoox to sell it afterwards on their site(thing i still wonder about today)

i didn't say the link to the ebay auction was part of something bought on kitmeout, but it is in fact part of probably the rarest pieces made by evisu(not evis) to date. kitmeout also carried that same style before it closed and it was selling for around 500 pounds along with the other pieces painted by yamane. they are easily identified cuz they are clearly japanese denim and lot 2001 cutted but they have the japanese "evisu" red tag removed due to copyright laws in europe and america.

like i said, i ain't no fool, i'm a close follower of evisu for about 6 years, and i have done a lot of research to back up what i am saying

to finish this, show me links to one-off evisu pieces,that u talk about available on togged, i would love to see that icon_smile.gif

Edited by Egpt on May 29, 2006 at 05:44 PM

Egpt, all I can say is what I've already said, you're making wild statements which you're unable to substantiate with tangible facts. What you choose to subjectively believe is your perogative but please don't make wild and inaccurate claims. I have been employed in the denim industry for over 10 years. I was closely involved with the Evisu transition to Europe and online so I am fully aware of the facts. You are confused in thinking that Yoox sell Evisu heritage items available on Togged. Togged have access to one-off pieces and Yoox buy end of season job-lots; they are two complete different operations. Again Kitmeout has never closed to my knowledge so I am not sure where you get that information. This is a rare piece available on Togged http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html and all the other Heritage or Archive pieces would never have been available on Yoox. Again, if you're able to provide links to substantiate you're inaccurate claims I will stand corrected.

Quote:

Egpt, all I can say is what I've already said, you're making wild statements which you're unable to substantiate with tangible facts. What you choose to subjectively believe is your perogative but please don't make wild and inaccurate claims. I have been employed in the denim industry for over 10 years. I was closely involved with the Evisu transition to Europe and online so I am fully aware of the facts. You are confused in thinking that Yoox sell Evisu heritage items available on Togged. Togged have access to one-off pieces and Yoox buy end of season job-lots; they are two complete different operations. Again Kitmeout has never closed to my knowledge so I am not sure where you get that information. This is a rare piece available on Togged <a href="http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html" target="_blank">http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html'>http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html"]<a href="http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html" target="_blank">http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html</a> and all the other Heritage or Archive pieces would never have been available on Yoox. Again, if you're able to provide links to substantiate you're inaccurate claims I will stand corrected.

--- Original message by jam_pool on May 29, 2006 09:08 PM

you must be mentally changelled.

if u are not gonna read my full posts don't care to read them at all

this is something i wrote in a previous post:

"the only archive evisu that togged has that i have never seen on yoox:

[url=http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-139-8624.html]http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-139-8624.html

http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-138-4486.html

http://www.togged.com/shop/Mens/Evisu/Jeans/product-137-11235.html

"

these were the only items that were never available on yoox, the only reason that they are not there anymore is because they sold out because they were at decent prices and people bought them, still, togged carries the same styles since it opened. have you ever cared to think why?

and if you don't know that kitmeout closed for about 2/3 years as an online shop, just contact the togged webmaster and he will let you know. the fact that you say theat you were closed involved with the evisu selling online in europe for ths first time and don't know that kitmeout closed shows u are not informed at all.

please, show me more "archive omg one-off evisu pieces" that you talk about so much besides the 3 that i have showed about 4 posts ago, please don't repeat yourself.

good luck, and get your facts straight

Egpt, clearly you are not interested in listening to objective facts from someone intimately involved. You remain unable to provide requested links to substantiate your misinformed and confused statements and you are evidently attempting to digress from the subject to cover for your inabilities. All I can do is repeat (for the final time) Togged and Yoox are two entirely different operations: Togged is an authorised buyer which has access to one-off pieces and Yoox buys end of season scraps and job-lots; these are unarguable facts. Moreover, Kitmeout has never been "closed down". Indeed, I sent an email to [email protected] and they told me they have been continuously online since 2000 and were the first online retailer of authentic Evisu products, which I already knew because of my invlovement with BS pre FM Evisu. You are welcome to email them and I'm sure you'll get the same answer. Anyway, this is all getting rather tedious. You're clearly someone with a very fragile ego who doesn't like to discuss issues in an open and objective manner, which frankly makes further conversation pointless. Best wishes.

that is really funny, since i contacted the old kitmeout owner, currently at togged as far as i know, and they didn't have any online shop, so he had to e-mail me the pictures of the evisu's i was interested in.

kitmeout, as an online shop, was really closed down for about 3 years and it was heavily talked about on a different forum dedicated to evisu. that same stock on the online shop, then reappeared on togged.com. i am sure there must have been some kitmeout buyers on this forum and they will easily provide you with the same info i am giving, cuz the site closed with no previous warning, so it came as a shocking news.

you seem to be the one not providing any links.

show me the archive collection evisu you talk about that could have never showed up on yoox besides those 3 pairs of jeans i showed.

fragile ego?ahah, oh duuuuude, you don't have a clue.

this is only getting tedious to you now? it's getting tedious to me since post number 3 coming from me, since i have been saying the same things all over again and i have provided the answers to the fact that i cannnot back up with more links. over the last 3 years yoox has sold most of the stuff that is currently on togged, but at fairly better prices. i don't care what kind of operations they go through to buy their merchandise, facts is, that i have seen the same models in both sites, over and over again. the difference is that on yoox, the stock sells cuz they are at low prices, and on togged the stock just stays there.

now please, show me the links to the archive evisu that you talk about that could have never been on yoox.

i am discussing issues in an open and objective manner, i have explained the reason why i can't provide more links at the moment, but you seem to be ignoring it.

Edited by Egpt on Jun 1, 2006 at 04:43 AM