for all of you still drooling over that dudes eternal 811s, check these out

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, those are the most authentic looking vintage 501s I have seen in a very long time. That being said, I would not pay a grand for them...no way. I have never bought a pair of jeans that someone else broke in except once, I snaked a pair of old (late 30s) Lee carpenter jeans that I just could not resist at a thrift store. I have been offered 250 bucks for them. My main reasoning is personal and probably not rational. I just place the most value on the jeans being something that I created through my own personal wear. Everybody knows I am scared as shit of horses, I don't smoke and a saddle is the most foreign thing I can imagine, so I would feel kinda of stupid sporting around in a real cowboys kit. Admittely, they are very desireable though.

They are fantastic. Levi's have a very similar pair in their archives, from the late 20s or early 30s, with fantastic high contrast fading, really good depth to the indigo, like this, and spur bites - they should bring out a replica. This pair is probably late 40s, so it will fetch a good price.

What a great Ebay set-up also. Too bad that only sellers that have jeans going for a G take that much care in setting up a sale. Good pictures, and lots of them. Solid descriptions. You really feel like you know what you're getting

Fuck....more shit to buy

Guest Fade to Black

Those jeans are fucking incredible...from now on i'll hold these as the jeans standard that every worn in pair of jeans should strive for.

and that's the second pair of levis from the same period this person has sold. the last pair went for almost $1200 and weren't as nice as these. how much did that deadstock pair of late 40's 501xxwith flasher tags still attached end up going for...i know it ended a couple weeks ago and last time i saw them they still had a day left with a price of close to $3000.

Wow it's at $416 with 7 days to go, and 10 bids. I think a grand for this is worth it actually, but i'd hardly dare to wear it. It's just a bit...silly, you know, to wear a pair that has been worn in so beautifully that it's obvious it's wasn't done by you.

But wow, what a pair. The wear in the front is simply gorgeous.

• 4 months later...

Maybe it's just be but it seems like there's some leg twist. You can see in the pics that the left leg outseam is more in front that the right leg outseam which is how rh twill should twist if I'm not mistaken. They're quite an awesome pair. I love the match marks!

My canes have a similar twist about pi/2 radians.

Anyone care to wonder how that leather tag got so beat the hell up. I kinda like the effect and wouldn't mind faking it on my canes.