Samurai Denim

Guest The Diplomatic Aristocrat

How does one not have time to wash a pair of jeans?:confused:

i'm not worried about washing them so much as drying them. i prefer to sun dry, which takes a while of course. i may do it anyway though, seeing as i probably won't be able to at school.

also anyone with experience with this denim, will the next load of wash i do be affected? by the excess indigo i mean, and how can get rid of this if it does happen. sorry if this is a dumb question.

enjoy providence. i kind of miss this time in providence.

thank you sir! i will.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sm2s, if you dont mind can u post some fit pics, with weight/height measurements. also how much did you size down, if at all? my pair of 710's are expected to arrive next tuesday and im really excited

yeah, when i was "researching" whether or not to get these or not .. i barely found any pictures or anyhting about them :\. i bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered them anyways cos i knew theyd be topnotch>_>

i wear a 28 waist for just about everything, so i went with 28. they were FREAKING tight. beyond belief. my fingers hurt when i tired to button them.. not even waering thme. anyways. i poked the holes with a sharpie pen to oepn them up, wore them to sleep for a night and they stretched out okay.. im hoping they will stretch more though.

here you go.

front:

082414.jpg

side:

082536.jpg

....otherside>_>:

082624.jpg

back/butt:

082643.jpg

im short :| 5'5"-5'6" @ about 130-135 lbs.

i had BiG chainstich/hem these before they shipped thme out to me. so the inseam is now about a 33.5 inseam instead of like the 36" inseam>_> i figured that'd be too ridiculous for me...i love these jeans, theyre looser fitting than my other usual pairs (eg thin finn drys, kmw rockers) so it's a nice change.

^those 710s are awesome. most favorite pair of jeans i own, and mine still have the tab and arcs, but i think theyre pretty close to too tight from shrinking or me gaining weight or a combo of the two, im pretty bummed. i might start excercising again, i like them that much.

and yeah, i wanted to throw them into a fire they hurt my fingers so much at the very beginning

^ I had to open up the button holes on my 510's with a sharpie too. I don't think it's as much as a sizing down-thing as it as samurai in general-thing. I didn't have that problem with my Oni's or Sugar Canes.

I do think they're a bit too tight on the seat, though. But if that's the look you like, then they're perfect.

It's cool everyone's getting their new Samurais now, cause I just got mine too !

Wish I had a camera to show yall the fit pics but for now, I can only describe. It fits almost perfect on the thigh, but from the knee down.. It's much too wide.

Now I'm thinking that a PBJ XX-005 would have been a better fit. Do you guys reckon I should send this to a tailor to taper ?

Or is it just how it's supposed to be. And I should just live with it, maybe I'll grow to like it.

By the way it's a Geisha I got. I'm trying to get pictures up as we speak.

hey poly800, thanks for the tip with the 0500s!

after one warm soak, air dry and half a day of wearing though, they were still much too tight. i think when i sized down one from my normal waist size, i neglected the fact that my 'normal size' of 30 is sized down one or two to begin with (i am 29 at the navel and 34 below the hips - yep, hip flare city!).

as it stands i can only wear them above my hips and suffer a major wedgie. given that the s0500 will probably shrink a bit more after another couple of washes, i think i'm out of luck on these. my only decision now is whether to go up to a 30 or a 31, because these are beautiful jeans, god they're beautiful. unfortunately, i think they're going in the supermarket soon!

good looking 710s man, im short too, about 5 '6" maybe 5' 7". had them hemmed to shrink down to about a 35" inseam, may seem kinda long but i like that extra stack. waiting for stuff sucks and tuesday seems so far away, but pics will definitely be posted when i get these.

(concerning doing a hot wash on my new s0500s)

also anyone with experience with this denim, will the next load of wash i do be affected? by the excess indigo i mean, and how can get rid of this if it does happen. sorry if this is a dumb question.

still wondering about this, if anyone could help me out. thank you.

I really like my 710s, i'm also 5'6, have 30s, normally wear 30s, but even after a hot soak and then machine wash they're not insanely tight

fade like a motherbitch though, i still can't decide if i'm happy about that or not

hey poly800, thanks for the tip with the 0500s!

after one warm soak, air dry and half a day of wearing though, they were still much too tight. i think when i sized down one from my normal waist size, i neglected the fact that my 'normal size' of 30 is sized down one or two to begin with (i am 29 at the navel and 34 below the hips - yep, hip flare city!).

as it stands i can only wear them above my hips and suffer a major wedgie. given that the s0500 will probably shrink a bit more after another couple of washes, i think i'm out of luck on these. my only decision now is whether to go up to a 30 or a 31, because these are beautiful jeans, god they're beautiful. unfortunately, i think they're going in the supermarket soon!

post pics. i did the exact same thing as you. i'm a 30, but went down to a 29. they were pretty tight when i first got them, and now they're loose.

It's cool everyone's getting their new Samurais now, cause I just got mine too !

Wish I had a camera to show yall the fit pics but for now, I can only describe. It fits almost perfect on the thigh, but from the knee down.. It's much too wide.

Now I'm thinking that a PBJ XX-005 would have been a better fit. Do you guys reckon I should send this to a tailor to taper ?

Or is it just how it's supposed to be. And I should just live with it, maybe I'll grow to like it.

By the way it's a Geisha I got. I'm trying to get pictures up as we speak.

Was wondering if anyone saw this. Thanks !

Did you soak them or wash them? I'll give you the same advice as everyone here...throw them in the washing machine on hot (Poly's method). The waist will be "snug" at first, but will stretch out, and the rest will fit better. Until you do this, there's no way you can decide if the fit is right, because they won't have shrunk all the way yet.

If they still don't suit your needs, I wouldn't tailor them, I would put them up for sale and look for something else. Having said that, I think you need to find a camera so we can give you some tips on fit. ;)

I can't remember...did you get these from BiG or from Japan?

PS - I just got my 5000vx's...they're in the washing machine as we speak.

Did you soak them or wash them? I'll give you the same advice as everyone here...throw them in the washing machine on hot (Poly's method). The waist will be "snug" at first, but will stretch out, and the rest will fit better. Until you do this, there's no way you can decide if the fit is right, because they won't have shrunk all the way yet.

If they still don't suit your needs, I wouldn't tailor them, I would put them up for sale and look for something else. Having said that, I think you need to find a camera so we can give you some tips on fit. ;)

I can't remember...did you get these from BiG or from Japan?

PS - I just got my 5000vx's...they're in the washing machine as we speak.

From BiG. Alright I'll try to post pictures up here asap.

You see, thing is my washing machine doesn't have a hot wash function lol. From what I measured it seems like I've got most of the shrinkage done already.

Is there any way to tell for sure ? I've basically done repeated hot soaks and air dry.

post hot wash pics

the wash really helped! thanks for the advice everyone. the fit is way better now!

1005947ii7.jpg1005949xt9.jpg

cropped my upperbody off of the side view cause i got caught in a weird position, but i wanted to post that one because it shows just how form fitting they are now. really looking forward to wearing these in! :)

depends on what you're going for. If you're going to use the Red Moon with your sammies, you're going to get indigo on it until the sammies have lost a lot of indigo. My advice is to just go with it...the sammies won't stop bleeding onto your wallet until they've been worn hard for maybe a year or two and your Red Moon will just be sitting there, not getting used.