Vintage Denim?

johnmc

The list of Lot Numbers is long and complicated.

But in terms of the important ones, 502 and 503 were the smaller sized versions of the 501 - these survive more often, as the owner grows out of them. (Later the 502 code was recycled for the zipper version). Eventaully, 302 became the kids' ejans (this code too was later recycled).

201 was the budget version of the 501, so 202 and 203 are the youths budget version.

Meanwhile, 701 are the women's jeans, launched in the 20s, without checking I would guess there's a smaller version of those too.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two pairs of deadstock Levi 501's STF's that are kids sizes (damn it!). I have a early 80's pair like the one above, and a pair that I thought was late 60's because the flasher tag on the right back pocket has 1966 on it, however it's a little e red tab so I'm thinking early 70's.

if you're interested in pictures, check the Nippers thread for lots of pics.

if you think that's good, check out how she sells a pair of sunglasses.

Wouldn't it be sick if the Japanese or someone could reproduce those Big Mac's in great dry denim. I always liked the baggy cut of dungarees.

dungarees-1.jpg

Thanks guys^^^ Crownzip, nice website on tags, bluegold good work on the patent, I looked and found the same patent on my buckle. Rivet head I am still thinking 30 or early 40's, the mine that I found the pants in was worked from 1931 to 1937.

My guess is that is it Cone Deep-Tone fabric. My kids jacket, gone to lildavid's Levi, has the same fabric and buttons. It was essentially identical to the kids' Wild Bill Hickock jacket. THe show ran from 51-58, so I"d guess your pants are from that era.