Socks Discussion

Vampyrvargfesten

socks can last way longer than 6 months. especially if you are looking at seasonal socks. like wool for winter and light cotton ones for summer. if they don't break or are extremely worn out why throw them out?

also buying higher quality socks pays off in the long run. my calvin klein socks lasted me about 4 years or so and now i'm slowly replacing them

on a seemingly tangential note - skimping on detergent doesn't pay off. buy specialty detergent as an additive for certain clothing groups (i have 7 + plus some pre wash sprays). apart from colors/bleach/black/wool, there is special anti bacterial/hygenic detergent that i add when i wash my underwear and towels (basically anything that is in close contact with my body for a long time) smells fresher and cleaner than with just the regular detergent.

buying specialty detergent in bulk isn't that advisable because the chemicals also have an expiration date.

Edited by redX

• 1 month later...

You guys like the CHUP socks? They want to open Woodlands but I haven't had a chance to check them out in person. How is the fit, quality, pricing etc?

union was selling them for ~$25 i think, and apparently they run small

union is also conspicuously not selling them anymore

They were only available at the Orlando location. There was a HUGE line just to get in to get the socks. And I was unable to get any pair of kicks tonight from either eastbay or finishline. Finishline doesn't take paypal.... frown.gif Looks like Cements will be my only PU of Feb. O well.

AND I just ended up returning all 10 pairs of my elite's b/c they sent XL

Nikestore twitter says the socks aren't releasing online

I picked up 2 pairs of Galaxy Elites today at The Florida Mall. They have them at HOH there in a special NSW workplace setup. I saw a guy from Chicago today buy at least 20 pairs.

You guys who bought the Galaxy elites... Are they going to keep these stations in every House of Hoops now similar to what they do at the Vault in LA or is it an All Star Weekend deal

Conner - the NSW workplace here in Orlando is definitely a temporary "pop up shop". They said it will only be here through Sunday.

via What's good with Nike Elite Basketball Crew socks (Socks FTW!) in Nike Forum