Beatle x Sidney – SE x IH 07 overdye – The Black Year(s)

sidneylo

• 1 month later...
always wondered what handkerchief/bandana this is?

it was a gift that came about during the Self Edge SUFU party around a year ago. it is really very nice.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

24 months // 0 soaks // ~9 washes

day zero // 1st month

// 2nd month // 3rd month // 6th month //

10th month // 11TH MONTH

-----

Hi. Thanks for periodically checking the thread even though I haven't posted at all. Since I last posted I've been working and getting by in NY. 2010/2011 has been mostly a transition out of online things and somewhat more into real life things; it helps that there are a lot of former Sufu folks living and working in New York so I get my fill of it still. Feels weird to post again, but if you're reading, thanks for looking at this!

I'm still slowly working on photography and getting things going. It's been mostly 6x7 film shooting for my personal work, but like the last paragraph, transitioning from online to offline can be tough (especially if it's related to creative work).

The jeans have been a part of me for so long that I haven't thought much of it after the first year. Been through two stressful moves, a couple of random inclement weather situations, lots of grit and grime — the usual stuff. They're still as durable as ever. They've been reinforced and darned via Self Edge NY as of six or seven months ago.

It's still hard to capture what they look like in real life; the color is dynamic and changes on the light, shade, and weather. From afar the wear has greyed out into a vague indigo / grey / white patina. A closer look and you can see these jeans do absolutely wear and fade nicely. It takes a little bit more effort than what you see with the jeans that are made for a shorter half-life (Flat Head, etc.) where you can see faster vertical fading; Iron Hearts have this tight weave and it's a cleaner look that's pretty obvious once you've seen how all the other jeans wear over time.

So, here it is. Two years.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg