Triple Works

LandoCal126

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent fit on those, groove. And Lando's right- there's far too little love for Triple Works on SuFu. They really are well made jeans and have lots of top level details, like the half lined rear pockets, double layer front pockets and (my favorite) selvedge fly. Seeing your pics makes me want to dig my pair out of the stack again.

Thx, brother. I first read about TW on the BlueOwl blog and from there I was kicking around and mulling over the other models. Stumbled across this thread and decided to give the 3230 a shot-- something different for the new year. It's a little pretentious to have a jean that's made specifically to fade quickly, but hell, I think it's also a really interesting concept. Amazing jeans. Dig yours out, son. This thread def deserves more pics/info.

• 2 weeks later...

And you've convinced me to start wearing mine again, groove. I gotta say, these feel really light since I've been mostly wearing my IH634S for the last 4-6 weeks. Love the feel of the denim, though. I also sorta like the change of pace of switching to a lighter weight denim.

IMG_0562.jpg

These are the 1220FI, for the record.

The straight fit looks great on you, Chris. How much wear have those guys had?

Not a lot, to be honest. Maybe 4-6 weeks of actual wear since I got them back in July? I like them, it's just that I binged on jawns over the summer and I've been swapping pairs out so often that none of them really have any decent wear.

Beatle- your bud is doing a nice job of beating on the PIs. Good to see that "Permanent" is still going to fade if you want it to.

And I like the pocket stitch, too.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3-month update: been rotating these in with my Tenders and SGH Italian Mill 15oz denim. Things are starting to warm up here, so these might not see significant action for the next 6 months. The construction and details on these are top notch-- I find myself looking at the denim and stitching longer than I should... Clegg was right about fading. Although I don't have a pair of Skulls or FH, these aren't fading drastically or anything, but they certainly do fade a bit faster than anything else I own. Everytime I go to the sink, theres quite a bit of indigo washing off my hands.

tw01.jpg

tw02.jpg

tw03.jpg

tw04.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This thread has died a bit so i thought i'd refresh.

5802241915_b4af7d8baf.jpg

These are some TW-3230 FI's after about 6mths straight wear. I don't really think much of the so-called 'Future Indigo' on these. As mentioned, i've been wearing these almost exclusively for 6mths, and the fade is pretty poor considering they're supposed to fade fast. They're actually fading slower than my IH-301s.

I'll keep working on them, but i don't really anticipate much from them.

• 1 month later...

look 4 posts up.

construction of the denim is great, however the denim itself isn't all that great in the fade territory. it speaks volumes that Giles & Haraki released their own TripleWorks model in a different denim.

I don't think that was necessarily an issue with the denim; the way I understand it, the Triple Works label suffered from a lack of cohesion and design focus. The relaunch is to remedy that and have a specific approach to the products released under the TW label. Haraki is also going to take a more hands on, direct control of TW, where it was previously licensed out to others. All in all, I think the new TW product launch coming in the fall should be really interesting.

By the way, where did you see that they were going to change the denim? I wasn't aware of that.