Removing basment funki from raw denim ( no wash )

__3xL

numero - the temperatures in your average fridge are not low enough to kill anything.

If your jeans are TOTALLY raw, you'll probably want to get them in water once before wearing them to get rid of the shrinkage, so I would take this opportunity to just wash them once and get the smell out and the shrinkage over with in one shot. Anything else and you're probably just risking further mildew damage

if they are raw why won't you hot soak them first off anyway? shit's confusing me... besides these spores are a hazard to your nuts

only reasonable solution is the 50/50 water/vinegar solution... rinse afterwards thoroughly. i don't know how stable the cotton/indigo/threads are towards acids, so maybe this will eaken the threads and fabric

just face the fact that you fucked up your jeans and if you wanna keep them you will have to take drastic measures

jeez, he's only talking about a mildew 'smell', we are not talking about a colony of bugs from an alien planet!

Classically, you use a mix of water and vinegar to kill mildew. It won't harm. Will be worth Googling. Personally, I think simply hanging them on the line on a bright sunny day (plenty of UV) will do it.

Or a tanning bed?

• 5 weeks later...

rinsed in cold with after spraying to death with lemon juice and then Oster clipper disinfectant and allowing to dry on .

Then soaked in 1/8 cup borax + warm soak

dried outside in mild sunlight and all is good .. water was blue after first rinse hardly none after each rinse .

soft "one-wash" as such but no funki