the unbranded brand

blm14

• 2 weeks later...

yes. that's exactly what i was thinking...

i just don't get why people do that. is his shirt really so long that you can't see the top block without lifting it up like that? and if it's really such a big deal, wear an oxford or something like that and tuck it in? i'd rather not see the entirety of the top block than see the dudes boxers hanging out.

wait, how much did you get these for? did you say 15 bucks? i could have sworn you said 15 bucks.

macau is (sort of) a part of china. it's got the same status as hong kong; technically still china, but with special rules and all. mine say made in china and they have four buttons, so maybe the five button ones are the older runs. who knows. who cares. cheap stuff anyway.

i got some from UO website in like late May; 4 buttons, made in Macau.

BTW, hi. been lurking here for a couple years but this is first post.

• 2 weeks later...

is it just me or am i the only one that doesn't get totally pumped for unsanforized denim? its more of a crap shot on the fit cause you dont know exactly how much it'll shrink plus its typically much more expensive. shouldnt it cost less to process the denim less?

is it just me or am i the only one that doesn't get totally pumped for unsanforized denim? its more of a crap shot on the fit cause you dont know exactly how much it'll shrink plus its typically much more expensive. shouldnt it cost less to process the denim less?

The shrink gives it a thicker, slubbier texture. Also the leg twist is bad-ass and gets better roping on the leg seam,

texture still depends on the actual denim not just the fact that its been sanforized or not. and honestly roping? i dont really care about how the bottom 1/8 inch of my jeans look.

i disagree on the texture versus shrunken denim . the roping on the entire leg seam, not just the hem. when the denim shrinks, it pulls the stitch together.

nothing wrong with sanforized. it's tame compared to the wildness of the shrink.

i disagree on the texture versus shrunken denim . the roping on the entire leg seam, not just the hem. when the denim shrinks, it pulls the stitch together.

nothing wrong with sanforized. it's tame compared to the wildness of the shrink.

so levis stf will have a slubbier texture than sanforized jeans? nah. roping effect going up an inseam? never seen it. no need to try to convince me why you like something though. its cool man.

so levis stf will have a slubbier texture than sanforized jeans? nah. roping effect going up an inseam? never seen it. no need to try to convince me why you like something though. its cool man.

yes even the lowly stf gets texturized when shrunken. you never seen the shrink tracks on the leg seam? really?

it goes all the way up the right leg on this pair. and look at that sweet leg twit.

7cy7P.jpg

That's a bad example of leg twist and traintracks. First, it looks like a shitty pre-distressed wash, not honest wear, and both legs are twisting inwards. Levi's STF is right hand twill, so the legs should be twisting to the left in this picture on both legs. This means the inside seam on the left leg in the picture should be visible, not the outside.

I agree with some of your points, like the fact that the fading on the outer seam can get more exaggerated on unsanforized denim, but the denim does not get slubbier because it is unsanforized. Slubbiness is determined by yarn size and the type of weave and loom, not whether it is sanforized or not. Slubbiness can be achieved in both sanforized and unsanforized denim (look at N&F's "Big Slub," which is sanforized and achieves an exaggerated slubby look).

Your argument and pictorial proof is like saying the Ford Mustang is far superior to any other muscle car and posting a picture of a 5.0 as proof.

rayw44

i didnt spend much time googling images, but yeah sams and canes have great tracks. slub was the wrong word to use, but the texture changes a lot on un-sanf denim when they shrink.

the pic was from someone making their own jeans with cone denim

the whole point of the conversation is that shrinktofit does have lots of desirable qualities that sanf doesnt have and it would be great to have this option for unbranded

Edited by Goominim

yes even the lowly stf gets texturized when shrunken. you never seen the shrink tracks on the leg seam? really?

it goes all the way up the right leg on this pair. and look at that sweet leg twit.

7cy7P.jpg

ive never heard anyone refer to that as roping before. I have a pair of momotaro vintage labels and theyre nice. im not saying unsanforized is stupid. just that people really freak out over it.

Can anyone tell me if the sizing is similar to N&F sizing?

I wore a pair of Unbranded in 32 last year, and they fit great. I've gained weight and now wear a 34 N&F that fits me perfectly. I'm unsure whether to go 33 or 34 for Unbranded since I've heard mixed things about the sizing. Thanks for any help.

if you know youre actual waist size the unbrandeds, at least the skinnys, are true to size. i wear a skinny guy 31 or 32 depending on denim. and am a 32 in unbranded skinny. they were a bit tighter and felt like a sized down skinny guy but stretched about 1.25 inches after about a month.