Oxford Shirts

superbeveridge

how are the fit for gitman bros.? is it slim b/c im not a slim person myself, carrying a little extra baggage. i need some suggestions on untucked ocbd. i fit in medium j crew and banana republic pretty well and i dont want to buy slim clothing. thanks!

i saw that ol and mercer and sons are pretty popular in this thread. bb is carrying a sale buy one get second 25% off but i want to know some other companies.

Brooks ESF is the way to go. Very easy to wear untucked. You're prob a size 16 if you wear a medium in J Crew, but I'd just go w/ your standard neck size to be safe. It's a fairly relaxed silhouette, not totally "slim". Make sure you give it a run in the washer/dryer before wearing.

just got a tb1 ocbd off b&s for cheap but i think the shoulders are .5" too small fml. i like the fit, ideally. when i tuck in no blousing in the back. arms are slim. armhole are higher than i am use to. hefty material and buttons. nice collar roll. fuck i wish the shoulder were .5" larger. was going to wear this casually untucked and tucked for work etc. ... u be the judge:

5927259139_72b2b45453_z.jpg..

5927818244_6f80f88f2c_z.jpg

going to probably let it go, $65 shipped get at me! :(

Thanks, as the photo shows, nothing is too constricting. Shoulder is just tad small so I can feel the shirt .. in the process of losing weight as well so the body may fit better. But you cannot really change how wide your shoulders are =\

b&s thread up,

Thanks, as the photo shows, nothing is too constricting. Shoulder is just tad small so I can feel the shirt .. in the process of losing weight as well so the body may fit better. But you cannot really change how wide your shoulders are =\

b&s thread up,

shirt fits great overall

IMO the shoulders look just fine

anybody fuck with sid mashburn's? somebody in atl let me know what's up.

http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/dress-shirts/sid-mashburn-button-down-dress-shirt-white-oxford-cloth.html

don't have experience with them, but it looks like a nice "slim but not skinny" fit, judging by the model fit of their university stripe oxford

might fuck with this soon

smam391.jpg

How does thom browne Placket oxford fit?

I'm a size 39 in most of the shirt and 46 in geller

Should I go for a 1 or a 2 in TB?

generally speaking..

TB0 = 34/XS

TB1 = 36/S

TB2 = 38/M

and

if anyone cares

thom browne shirts fit about 1 size smaller than BBBF

so BBBF0 = TB1

but TBs are narrower in the shoulder and waist

Pink. Yeah sleeves shrank to perfect after wash.

I didn't get white, got a heavy cotton twill button-down banker stripe instead. Not really a true oxford cloth shirt but the material felt substantial.

All 5 shirts are for the office.

Can I get some help on the sports shirt offering from BB? I am looking at either the ESF or SF models, sport shirts. Which size/cut has the closest measurement of 17.5" shoulder? I tried size small ESF before but a bit tight all around (sleeve length/shoulder/and the cut of the sleeve was fine though).

Thinking about just giving BB another try and size up. I am thinking size S in their Slim Fit/Normal cut or size M in their ESF. Or does the shoulder not change that much from sizing up?

so i bought a children's brooks brothers oxford shirt and going by their size chart i went with a size 18 (34" chest and approx height 5'5.5", im 5'6") and the shirt still feels a bit long. are brooks bros shirts meant for tucking in? the shirt pretty much ends where the crotch of my jeans start. any way to tailor the length of the shirt or should i just not mess with it

so i bought a children's brooks brothers oxford shirt and going by their size chart i went with a size 18 (34" chest and approx height 5'5.5", im 5'6") and the shirt still feels a bit long. are brooks bros shirts meant for tucking in? the shirt pretty much ends where the crotch of my jeans start. any way to tailor the length of the shirt or should i just not mess with it

yes you can tailor shirts

^My XS Baron Wells in the wash currently, but iirc, the shoulders measured ~16.5. BW sizing chart shows that S is only .75 wider in terms of shoulder+sleeve length. So estimate that as you will. I'd split the difference between shoulder length and sleeve length, which barely comes out as an incremental amount.

Ah actually, it's a .75 difference for one side of the shoulders/sleeves. So basically a total 1.5" total difference. Might be enough, would e-mail to be sure. I actually wear my short sleave eaton at least 4 times/week because I love it so much.