Acciedent/ Injurys How Did it Happen

chambo2008

take/share any really disgusting macro shots of your swollen bloody eye?
Clopek- Ouch! so do you still have 20/20 in the end?

no dice. some how never got any pics of it.

and nope, i never had 20/20 so i certainly didn't afterwards.

however, i do have a pretty significant scar on my right elbow, also from skateboarding.

held on to a friends van, and as he hit about 35 miles per hour my board i started to get some real speed wobbles. i jumped off and rolled as i hit the ground, and the .0001 seconds that my elbow made contact with the ground was enough to rip off the vast majority of the skin on it. there was probably a good six inches of road rash going up my elbow.

i kept skateboarding and every time i fell on it it would split open and spurt blood out. never healed right and i've got a dirty scar from it now.

oh yeah, and i can't feel feelings in my left shin, also from skateboarding. there's a big spot where i can dig into it so hard i can draw blood but i still don't feel it.

I've been pretty lucky and my scars don't really show at all.

When I was a little kid, I put my finger in a pencil sharpener. It tore off all the skin and my index finger was just a bloody mess.

I was in a situation where a knife was thrust at me and i grabbed the blade with my hand but not before he twisted and pulled away. Ended up going to the hospital and having to get 23 stitches.

It was the middle of the summer and I was skateboarding down this huge hill. It was about 100F that day and about 1 in the afternoon. A car ended up sideswiping me and I slid on hot asphalt for 20 feet before stopping. Had to go to the hospital for first and second degree burns along my left leg and hands. I actually walked/skateboarded back home before going. All while dripping blood all over the sidewalk.

I wish I had photos :(

went surfing about 4 months ago, as i was walking on a boardwalk back to the car my foot caught a nail that was sticking up about an inch right beneath my big toe. cut me right down the ball of my foot. bled like crazy and fat was hanging out. ended up having to get 8 stitches.

anyways, no pics, but i remember i was kicking a balloon around the house. I tried to kick it really hard, and missed. my toe slammed into the ground and broke... yup that was one of the stupidest accidents of my life.

Don't feel too bad, toes break super easily or something. I remember when i was around 5/6th grade playing soccer at lunch and I went to kick the ball the same time as some girl did. She missed and kicked my toe instead and it broke. Only time I've ever broken anything.

A couple years ago I was in athletic training for baseball and we decided to play hockey on the outdoor basketball courts for whatever reason. The basketball pole happened to be in play and of course i ran in to it, knocked myself out, and required 3 stitches in my eyebrow. That's the stupidest accident of my life.

What the fuck were you guys on putting your fingers in a sharpener!? lolz...

To this day, i am still somewhat shocked i have all my fingers. Not for any good reason, i have built some stuff but im no genius or anything... but one day it hit me, and i was genuinely surprised that i had all ten.

More major injuries:

I used to pitch in little league and took a line drive to the jaw. Fractured but healed well.

Concussed twice....once from taking a clean, open-ice hit playing hockey and once during a game of touch football from an accidental collision.

I also fractured my finger playing burby (sp?) baseball....i think it's called wall-ball in the US. It's played with either a rubber ball or tennis ball. We were using a tennis ball and I still don't know how, but the ball bounced and ricocheted off the finger tip of my throwing hand...dead on...the probability of that happening must have been really slim.

When I was 13, my friends and I stashed a bunch of fireworks from Victoria Day, broke them all open and made a big mound of powder on the street....and I was nominated to light it with a regular lighter. The burn wasn't that deep, but it covered my entire hand...which went bone-white, chapped and hurt like hell for a few days.

Overall I think I've gotten off easy.

ive never really broken anything, but my newest injury is sorta weak...nothing gross or cool or anything

i got sidelined this year with stress fractures in my tibias...basically ill be sitting on my ass for 6 months while benching twice a week

meh

I've been pretty lucky and my scars don't really show at all.

When I was a little kid, I put my finger in a pencil sharpener. It tore off all the skin and my index finger was just a bloody mess.

I was in a situation where a knife was thrust at me and i grabbed the blade with my hand but not before he twisted and pulled away. Ended up going to the hospital and having to get 23 stitches.

It was the middle of the summer and I was skateboarding down this huge hill. It was about 100F that day and about 1 in the afternoon. A car ended up sideswiping me and I slid on hot asphalt for 20 feet before stopping. Had to go to the hospital for first and second degree burns along my left leg and hands. I actually walked/skateboarded back home before going. All while dripping blood all over the sidewalk.

I wish I had photos :(

no photos of your hand or has the scar gone now?

the knife scars are still there and the one on my right index finger actually has two slivers of glass in it from when i got into a fight and somebody shattered a beer bottle and tried to fight with it. ended up slicing my finger while i blocked it.

but the scars on my hands from the burn are pretty much gone... you can definitely feel it though cause my palms are really rough and thick in certain spots,

i remember a girl in my chem class way back who played softball. she caught a ball one day without a mitt and through some occurrence, she lost feeling in the last 3 fingers of her right hand.,.

happened on 9/9/99

got pushed off a 10 ft. ledge with a railing

flipped over the top rail head first and put my arm out to break my fall

result.. concussion, and both bones in my forearm snapped and left my arm in a 90 degree angle.

like this:

2852530395_e6e47ec93c.jpg

and to get surgery to place a rod in my forearm and was in a cast for 8 months.

scar from where they opened up my arm to guide the rod throw my bone:

IMG_2072.jpg

scar from where the actually rod was sticking out of my elbow:

IMG_2081.jpg

cast for 8months must have stank!

thats a good one +rep

it was a ridiculously uncomfortable 8 months..

learning to write with my left hand sucked.

especially because it was a a long arm cast:

lac_lg.JPG

I also forgot to add..

due to the extent of my fracture, I had a lot of initial nerve damage below the point of breakage.

I couldn't feel or move my hand/fingers for the first 6 months, and then I started getting movement back but no feeling for an additional 6 months.

with some physically therapy and exercises I eventually got back 95% of my movement and feeling back in my hand.

I only lost about 5 degrees of rotation on my forearm and 50% of my feeling on my left ring finger.

Woah with that kind of injury, did it make it hard to work out mrchariybrown?

I think the worst / annoying injury I had was during my jr year in high school which happened during wrestling practice. Both my team mate and I went for a takedown and my nose went straight into his shoulder. My nose was all messed up and everyone was saying " shit your nose is broken man." I popped it back in place and blood poured out like crazy. For the rest of the reason i had a wear a mask during practice and matches. Fucking annoying as hell because it was hard as hell to breathe while wearing the mask.

I guess my second worst injury was during my senior year in high school. I dislocated my shoulder at the state tournament. My coached popped it back into place for me and told me to finish my match since there was only 1 minute left. The score of the match before me dislocating my shoulder was 8-3 with me winning. In that minute i ended up getting pinned. :(

Woah with that kind of injury, did it make it hard to work out mrchariybrown?

I was starting the 8th grade when that injury happened

needless to say, working out was probably one of the last things on my mind

at that time it was all about the final fantasy 8 on my playstation!

LIONHEARTTTT!!!!

I love/hate when the doctor take your cast off. Whenever the doctors took one off, I kept touching my leg or my arm. I like the feeling but it gives me chills.

I broke my right wrist and arm while playing basketball during summer. no scars. I had two casts. it stank. I had to write with my left hand and it really sucked, but nothing major.

I broke my right ankle when I jumped a set of stairs (that was really fucking dumb). I had to walk down the stairs and it was really painful. I had a cast or two and one of those big black boots (its big and ugly, but still better than a cast). I now have a screw and some other things in my ankle and I really think that I need to get them retired because they hurt. Sometimes, I just can't walk normally.

I love/hate when the doctor take your cast off. Whenever the doctors took one off, I kept touching my leg or my arm. I like the feeling but it gives me chills.

I broke my right wrist and arm while playing basketball during summer. no scars. I had two casts. it stank. I had to write with my left hand and it really sucked, but nothing major.

I broke my right ankle when I jumped a set of stairs (that was really fucking dumb). I had to walk down the stairs and it was really painful. I had a cast or two and one of those big black boots (its big and ugly, but still better than a cast). I now have a screw and some other things in my ankle and I really think that I need to get them retired because they hurt. Sometimes, I just can't walk normally.

that's one thing I'm deathly afraid of.. breaking a leg or ankle. I think I'd go crazy if I had to rely on crutches for months at a time.

oh, and try 4 casts. 5 casts if you count the initial "soft" cast the idiot doctor put my arm in for the first month.

my arm is flopping around. years of medical training should tell you that stiff bandages ain't fixing that.

I've only had a cast when I fractured my arm in first grade. But since then I've fractured: my elbow, my tailbone, a couple toes and my thumb. - All through boring mundane ways.

The best grossest thing that's happened to me is during this summer I scratched my corneas and I couldn't open my eyes/see for two weeks. A few months later I still can't wear my contacts more then a few hours - I'm ruined!

it was a ridiculously uncomfortable 8 months..

learning to write with my left hand sucked.

especially because it was a a long arm cast:

lac_lg.JPG

I also forgot to add..

due to the extent of my fracture, I had a lot of initial nerve damage below the point of breakage.

I couldn't feel or move my hand/fingers for the first 6 months, and then I started getting movement back but no feeling for an additional 6 months.

with some physically therapy and exercises I eventually got back 95% of my movement and feeling back in my hand.

I only lost about 5 degrees of rotation on my forearm and 50% of my feeling on my left ring finger.

whoa !!!! that is major, i hope i think i got off light, so that wired feeling when you touch the area goes in the end? its really hard to discribe like it doesn't feel like mine and that my nerves are now really deep i think i gotta spend like 6 weeks in pyhiso for my thumb, and i have been off for 5 weeks now plus its still infected

im going to the doctors soon to get a clean dressing on see if there is any improvement before the stitchs come out...

that's one thing I'm deathly afraid of.. breaking a leg or ankle. I think I'd go crazy if I had to rely on crutches for months at a time.

oh, and try 4 casts. 5 casts if you count the initial "soft" cast the idiot doctor put my arm in for the first month.

my arm is flopping around. years of medical training should tell you that stiff bandages ain't fixing that.

i once jumped off a low balcony during my vacation in spain while moderately drunk. sprained my ankle in the worst possible way, but of course i was too embarrassed to admit anything. following couple of hours were a bitch. thanks to all the alcohol though it wasn't too bad

whoa !!!! that is major, i hope i think i got off light, so that wired feeling when you touch the area goes in the end? its really hard to discribe like it doesn't feel like mine and that my nerves are now really deep i think i gotta spend like 6 weeks in pyhiso for my thumb, and i have been off for 5 weeks now plus its still infected

im going to the doctors soon to get a clean dressing on see if there is any improvement before the stitchs come out...

I know what you're talking about.. that weird semi-numb feeling where it feels like your nerves are covered under a layer of wax.

i once jumped off a low balcony during my vacation in spain while moderately drunk. sprained my ankle in the worst possible way, but of course i was too embarrassed to admit anything. following couple of hours were a bitch. thanks to all the alcohol though it wasn't too bad

sprained ankles are one of my least favorite things in the world.. I think the last time I hurt one of mine was about 6 or 7 years ago.

I would seriously rather break a finger than sprain an ankle.

this shits wild

ive been in the hospital quite alot

1. almost drowned in a hotel pool when i was 10ish? maybe younger. i thought i could swim but i panicked and blanked out for a while, stayed at a hospital for that.

2. hit a car when i was in a toy wagon... during halloween had a girl i didn't know pull me in a wagon when i was a kid, she let go and i ran into a car. had to go to the hospital for stitches on my head :(

3. was teetertottering on a chair when i fell face first onto the edge of a desk, had to get my gum restitched on or something. freaked me out so bad :(

cant remember the others but i know there are more...

I got stupid amounts of drunk one day hanging out with some chick, ended up tripping or something, landing flat on my face on concrete. 2 teeth broke pretty much in half and half my face looked like a badass shredded zombieface. I think one of my friends still has a photo of me drenched in blood and vom.

Aside from that I've avoided pretty much any injury, but I guess I could have got hurt when I was trying to do initial-d shit on some tiny mountain roads in banff and spun out and landed off the road.